My Baby Girl

1/1

Looking out the curtains, Dean Winchester took a quick look right and left before closing the white curtains. The moon was full and high in the dark sky. The neighborhood was eerily silent and that gave Dean a bad feeling deep inside. He pulled the wooly rug bag to make sure the Devil’s Trap was still intact and he quickly poured salt against every windowpane.

“What are you doing babe?”

Dean nearly jumped out of his skin. He hastily shoved the can of salt behind his back and smiled at his wife Lisa. She was standing there in her nightgown with her arms crossed and she was wearing a skeptical look. “Oh nothing. You know, I was just checking to see if everything was locked.”

Lisa raised an eyebrow. “I know it’s better if I don’t ask any questions,” she muttered with a soft laugh. “Are you about to go to bed?”

“Yeah, I was. Is Ben in bed?”

“Yeah, I just went in there and turned out the TV for him. It seems like he’s been watching American Pie on repeat for the last couple of weeks.”

Like father, like son, Dean thought. Even though he wasn’t technically Ben’s biological father, Dean sure as hell felt like it. “That’s my boy.”

Lisa smiled. “Do you want to go check on Samantha or for me to do it?”

“I will,” Dean replied. “You can go ahead and get in the bed. I’ll meet you there in a few.”

Lisa gave Dean a slight wave before walking down the hallway and into their bedroom. Dean took one last glance around before deciding that nothing strange was going on. He bent down and put the salt behind its usual hidden spot behind the couch. Wiping his hands clean, Dean walked to the stairs and began climbing up. He soon got to the second floor and walked down the small hallway. He passed by Ben’s closed door and stopped there.

When Dean first met Ben three years ago, he instantly felt an indescribable connection to the eight-year-old boy. From the looks, clothes, and overall personality, Dean had thought that he possibly could have been Ben’s father. But as soon as he asked Lisa, he fell crestfallen. He was embarrassed that he even thought that he had a chance of being a father. And after they had helped rid the evil in the town, Dean knew that he had to leave. As soon as he climbed into his Impala and left Cicero, Indiana, he felt like he had made one of the biggest mistakes of his life.

But that had all changed about a year ago.

When Sam fell down the hole with Michael, Dean knew that everything was going to change. He remembered climbing into the Impala and thinking about the promise that he had made to his younger brother before the battle had happened. It’s almost as if the car knew the directions and Dean didn’t have to do anything but sit back and analyze what he was going to do and say when he arrived on Lisa’s front porch. And in no time, Dean stepped out of the car and rang the doorbell and was soon greeted by his now wife.

Snapped out of his thoughts, Dean heard the baby crying. Sighing softly to himself, he walked down a little further and opened up the door to his left. Lying in Ben’s old crib, baby Samantha was rolling around with tears on her face.

“Shhhhh,” Dean quietly cooed. He bent over the wooden bar and gracefully swooped his daughter in his arms. He slowly rocked her as he backed into the wooden rocking chair that was conveniently placed beside the crib. The small three month old stopped crying as soon as Dean placed the pacifier in her mouth. “That’s my baby girl.”

Looking down at the infant, Dean was surprised by how much she looked like Sam. Of course Dean had named her after his brother. He thought that at least Sam’s memory could carry on through his daughter. Just thinking about Sam made Dean sad. Even though he would never see his brother again, Dean was always reminded of him every time he looked at Samantha.

Looking down, Dean saw that Samantha was asleep. He carefully removed the pacifier from her lips and placed it on the dresser. He got up from the chair and placed the baby back in the crib. Dean bent down and placed a soft kiss on Samantha’s forehead before heading out. He stopped at the door and placed a finger on the light switch. But before he flicked the lights off, he took one last look at his daughter.

It was the first time in Dean’s life that he was truly happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this idea came to me today and I just had to write it, but as soon as I started, the words didn't come out as I wanted them to, so I came up with this. I don't know why, but I just love the idea of Dean being a father because I know he would make a damn good one.

Oh, and Samantha's full name is Samantha Mary Winchester. :)