Status: Hope you like it :)

My Heart Desires You

Chapter Six

"Mum, I'm going over to Victoria's house. Would you like me to go over to the market on my way back?" I asked my mother, who was like usual, cooking in the kitchen.
"No honey." She replied. Victoria had asked me to come over today because she needed to ask me something "important". Usually, whenever she needed to ask me something important, it would be about Vincent.
"Would you like me to walk you over? I'm going that way and I'd be great company for you." Vincent asked. Should I? I bet the only reason he wants to come is to see Victoria.
"Sure, but hurry up. I'm not waiting for you to get ready."
*
We knocked on their front for the hundredth time. Again, nobody answered.
"Are you sure she said today?" Vincent asked.
"Yes. She even sent her brother over to remind me this morning." I was suddenly feeling annoyed. Where is she?
"Well, as you can see, she's not home. So would you like to start heading back home, or would you like to come with me?" Vincent asked. He also sounded annoyed.
"Aah, where are you going?"
"To the farm."
"I'll head back home then. I'm not dressed to go farming." I said smiling. I was wearing a white and yellow dress with blue flowers on it. It was my favorite dress and I definitely didn't want it to turn black. Vincent chuckled as he walked out of the front gate of the house. As we were about to part away from each other we heard a squeal.
"Oh my God! I am so sorry. I went over to the market and totally lost track of time." She was red all over. I'm guessing it's probably because Vincents here. She always goes red when she sees him. She walked up to her front door, then turned around pointing to Vincents.
"What are you doing here?" She said in a serious voice. Vincent raised an eyebrow and smirked.
"You don't want me?" Vincent asked, pretending to be hurt. Someone kill me please.
"Nope. This was only meant to be me and Jasy. I never invited you." Victoria was smiling her devilish smile. Vincent walked over to her and Victoria went red all over again. I had a feeling he was going to kiss her, and that was something I definitely didn't want to see.
"Ahem." I fake coughed. They both turned towards me, as if seeing me for the first time.
"Oh, right. Sorry Vincent. Like I said before, only me and Jasy today. Maybe we'll invite you next time." She said as she pushed Vincent out of the gates.
"Fine," He groaned. "I'm off then."
"Yep, good bye." Victoria said, turning back to me. Vincent just rolled his eyes and walked off. She walked into her house and gestured me in. "Come in."
"Where is everyone?" I asked surprised. Victoria's family was always home on Sundays.
"They're at our new neighbors house." She said pointing in the direction of her new neighbors. She pointed across the street and I just remembered whose house that was. It was Essa's. I knew this because Victoria had told me that her new neighbors were Mariam and Sarah. I felt my cheeks boiling by the thought of him. I didn't want Victoria to see me turn red so I walked over to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water. Once I felt my cheeks go back to normal, I walked back over to Victoria. As I sat down she asked : "So, what do you think about the newcomers?"
Newcomers? Who are the new comers? Just as I was going to ask who the new comers were, I realized she was talking about Mariam and Sarah.
"You mean Mariam and Sarah, right?" I asked.
"Yeah. Mariam, Sarah. their brother. Everyone." Why did she care about how I felt about their brother?
"Um, I think they're nice people." I admitted truthfully. Actually, besides their brother, it was true. But let's not mention that part.
"Even their brother?" Victoria asked. I hated it when she asked exactly what I was thinking. She tends to do it a lot. " I mean, that day when he came to pick up his sisters, you had a different sort of look on your face. It was like, uhh I don't know, anger, hatred ..... love?" My head shot up as she said the word love. Was I honestly that obvious?
"Yep. You're actually very, very obvious." She winked. "Actually, I think it's because I almost know you better than I know myself. I don't think anyone else would notice, or noticed." She said. Yep, this is the bad part of having a best friend who knows you inside out - they know everything, even things you don't want to know yourself. Humph. Well what can I say? I should've known better then to hide it from Victoria.
"So, anything interesting actually happen between you two?" Victoria asked.
"Victoria!" I felt myself go red again.
"What? I'm interested." She said as if it was nothing. After all this is the first time I'm telling her about my feelings towards someone of the opposite gender. "I'm waiting!" She demanded. I had no other choice but to tell her everything. I told her how I first met him, well I wouldn't actually call it met because none of us introduced one another to each other. I told her everything. From the first time I saw him to the last. Once it was over, I was relieved.
"That's all? I mean, there's no secret meetings or any of that kinda thing?" Victoria asked. She looked bored, as if expecting my first love story to be like a movie. I rolled my eyes and laughed.
"Yes Victoria. That's all. He doesn't even know I exist."
"Sure he does. You know what you should do? You should follow him the next time you see him. I remember following Vincent everywhere." She said dreamily. Great. Now she'll just go on and on and on about Vincent.
" Hey Victoria. Don't tell anyone please. Not even Vincent." I asked. Once someone had some gossip in this town, it would go around, it wont stop until it reaches the person it's about. I wasn't planning on anyone finding out about my little obsession with the new guy.
"Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me, honey." She winked, then laughed. She found this amusing. I most definitely didn't.
Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock.
"It's probably Vincent." I said, standing to go get it.
"Or it could be my family." Victoria said, as she also stood up. We walked over to the door together and opened the door.
"Victoria." Said a cute little boy at the door. He was the same boy as the one I saw that day, the day I bumped into him.
"Adam." Victoria said, smiling gigantically. "Come in." She gestured him in.
"Um, my mum told me to bring this to you." He said, lifting up a plate of food. Victoria smiled and took the plate from his hands. " And thanks for inviting me, but I have to go home. I'm playing a game with Sammy." He said with a huge grin on his face. That boy was adorable! I've never seen a kid that cute, in my whole 19 years of life. We walked back in and Victoria looked at me.
"Isn't he adorable?" Victoria asked. It sounded like a rhetorical question, but I didn't know, so I answered anyways.
"Yes! Who is he?" I asked. Victoria turned back to me and gave a silent laugh.
"He's your future brother-in-law." She winked. My future brother-in-law? I'm not getting married though. Then it hit me.
"No way! He's Mariam and Sarah's younger brother? He is beautiful!" Well I shouldn't be surprised actually. Everyone in their family was beautiful.
"Yep. The youngest of all four siblings. Mariam being the oldest, Essa second oldest and Sarah second youngest. I know, quiet unbelievable. They're all beautiful in their own ways." Victoria told me.
Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock.
"Your brother or my family." Victoria guessed. We stood up and walked over to the door.
"Hello ladies." It was Vincent.
"Humph. Hey Vince." I returned his greeting. "What time is it?"
"Well I actually came to ask you two that." Vincent said looking at Victoria and smiling.
"I'm sure you did." I whispered to myself.
" What was that?" Vincent asked as Victoria laughed, embarrassed.
"Oh, nothing." I smiled at him. "It's half past three." I shouted over to Vincent, who was still standing at the door.
"Well I guess we should head back home then? Is that alright with you?" He asked me.
" Yep sure is." I went over to the couch and picked up my bag. When I went back to Vincent, I realized that he was flirting with Victoria.
"Oh God! Could you two please save it for after you get married please? My eyes and ears are too innocent to see and hear you flirting!" I told them annoyed. They both laughed. "I was actually being serious." I informed them as I walked out the door. Victoria smiled at me.
"Hey Vincent, you take the lead. I got to give Jasy something. She'll catch up to you." Victoria demanded. Vincent agreed and started to walk off. Once he was out of ear range Victoria turned to me and said: " Remember, next time you see him. Follow him." Victoria laughed.
" I hope you're not being serious."
"I'm being one hundred percent serious honey." She said as she passed me a flower. I looked at it confused. She sighed and said: " You don't want to go to him empty handed. He's smart. He'll figure there's something up. Remember? I told him I'm going to give you something?"
"Oh. he he. I get it now." I said as I walked off. I turned back to her and shouted: "Thanks for the flower!" She just winked back at me. God I really love this girl.
I ran to Vincent, who wasn't very far.
"You took that long for a flower?" Vincent asked.
"Uh, yes?"
"Right, and I'm the man from the moon." Vincent rolled his eyes.
Great, he's realized that we're hiding something from him. Since Vincent was as good as reading me as Victoria was, I hugged him to hide my face.
"I love you, little sister." He said, hugging me back.
"I love you too, big brother." I said guiltily.