Status: Coming Soon.

Caught up on You

Smiling is never easy these days.

Staring out the car window, Baylen sighed when she felt a peck on her shoulder. Removing the headphone from her ear, she turned to her brother.
"Yes, Jack?" She asked, patiently.
"Do you want a snack?" He asked, a small smile on his face as he pointed to the sack of chocolate candy bars in his lap.
Baylen glanced down and her stomach churned.
"No thanks." She said, turning back to her window. Before putting her headphone back in, she heard Jack sigh and the bag rustle as he got himself a candy bar.
She closed her eyes, feeling the sting of tears. Jack was just trying to be nice and she shot him down. Opening her eyes, she wiped the tears away and changed the song on her iPod. Jack and Baylen were in the car, headed for California to attend their cousins wedding. Their mom and dad were in the front seat, laughing and talking amongst themselves. Though they were headed for the wedding, when it was time to go, Baylen was going to stay with her aunt for awhile, as was Jack. Baylen was just happy to get to feel the warm sunshine on her skin. She hated living in Baltimore, because she froze to death. Looking forward again, she noticed her mom smiling at her, wanting her attention. Taking a headphone from her ear again, she turned the iPod off.
"Honey, we'll be there in ten minutes." She said, smiling softly at her daughter.
Baylen nodded and gave her mom a small forced smile.
Because smiling was never easy these days.
♠ ♠ ♠
New Story! Yay. Comment. Subscribe.:)