Status: Coming Soon.

Caught up on You

No One Ever Does

Baylen stared at Matt.

Of course she remembered him. How could she not with those dimples? Or those muscles? Or that smile? Or those eyes?

She smiled and nodded her head.

"Yeah, you were with Jess, right?" She asked, just to be sure. He smiled and nodded.

"Yeah. Glad you can remember so well." He laughed.

She blushed and ran her hands along the side of her face. She didn't know why,but he could make her blush like a teenager. It made her worry what was happening when her tummy felt all fluttery with butterflies when he was around.

"Do you live around here?" He asked, looking around the street.
She shook her head.

"No, I'm not sure how I got here. I just kept walking." She laughed,. feeling selfconscious.He nodded, as though he understood that she needed to clear her head and have some alone time.

"Do you need a ride back home? I just need to put Bella back in the house and I could give you a ride." He said, offering the pretty young girl a ride.

"Oh no, I couldn't do that! I'm sure you have plenty of other things to do." She said, shaking her head at his offer. She thought he was cute, but she wasn't going to be a burden to him.

"How about we get some lunch? I'm starving and its almost one 'o clock. I'm always up for some food with a pretty lady." He said, winking and smiling at her. He loved the way she would blush when he complemented her.

"Are you sure?" She asked, not wanting to take advantage of his offer.
He shook his head and smiled.

"Of course not, you're pretty chill, I think we'll have a great time." He said.

"Come on," He said, leading her into the house. "I just gotta get Bella in and changes my clothes." He gestured to his running clothes.

Baylen followed him into his house where he got his dog some water.

"Feel free to look around, I'll just be a few minutes." He said, walking towards the back of the house.

Baylen walked into what she assumed was the family room. She smiled when she saw all the family pictures. She was glad to see that he wasn't afraid to so how proud he was of his family.

There were several pictures of an older couple, who she assumed were his parents. Then a few of the older couple, him and a girl that looked like him. Must be his sister, she thought.

The last few photos along the mantel were of Matt and a blonde woman. She could tell that they loved each other. The blonde woman was nothing short of gorgeous. She had looks to kill and a beautiful smile. In all the pictures, Matt's arms were around the woman's waist and she was smiling up at him. He was kissing her, or they were laughing, unaware that someone was snapping their picture.

Suddenly her heart began to pound.

Matt was married.

Matt had a girlfriend.

Matt was in someway committed.

Her eyes began to sting with tears, as she felt her emotional high come crashing down. She felt her breathing become shallow. Her eyes were crossing and her palms were sweating.

She had thought that a man that looked like Matt had some interest in her. But it was so painfully obvious, that he just saw her as a friend.

She let out a bitter laugh, as she thought about Matt and her foolish dreams of someone loving her, for her. Of course he didn't see anything in her.

No one ever does.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long!
comment and subscribe, please.:)
thanks for the comments.:)