The Seer

Another New Professor

Chapter One

Remus John Lupin was not scared, he was not pacing in his office the first day of his new job, sure he had always been good at Defense Against The Dark Arts, but was he good enough to be a teacher? There was no time to answer that the first students were already filling in, he would have to make an entrance soon, but what if no one liked him? He heaved a sigh and opened the office door; he walked down the stairs quick to see quite a few faces staring at him. He took one last deep breath before talking.

“Good morning all, I am Professor Lupin, your new Dark Art’s teacher….”

Bu suddenly the classroom door burst open and in walked a girl, but not just any girl, this girl; she had soft dark hair, though not as long as it once was, big blue eyes and skin that looked snow soft. It was like stepping back into time, Remus Lupin was a Hogwarts student again, he knew coming back would bring back old memories, but this was going a bit too far.

“Sorry I am late, Professor” said the girl, her voice was a bit different then Remus remembered, this girls voice had a bit of sweetness to it, though Alex Meadowes was always a sweet girl, just liked a bit of trouble once in awhile. “Professor Snape wanted a world with me.”

“That’s…that’s quite alright, Miss…er…”

“Webber…. Alysia Webber.”

“Right” Remus sighed, this girl could not have any relation to a girl Remus once knew in school, he would have to ignore it and go back to the lesson plan. And so he did and the class went by with flying colors however that girl kept catching his eye, her likeliness was almost describing.

“Oh my Merlin… did you see him?” squeaked Stine. “Did you see him? He’s super cute and he knows his stuff… unlike Lockhart.”

“He kept looking at me weird; do you reckon it was because I was late?” Alysia asked concerned.

“No idea” said Channing, as he shoved his face full of food. “be-dwiddn’t-gwuve yous-detention-dwidwe?”

“What?” Stine barked. “Do you ever stop eating?”

“C’mon, guys, no fighting or bickering, ok?”

“Fine” the two friends whined together, Alysia knew that was as good as she was going to get so she smiled on and stood up, getting ready for her next class. The first week back to Hogwarts was always the most worrisome, that and the last week as well, but Alysia only had to worry about the start of the year this time, she had already made it through her Owls the year before. Now she sat in the Library, doing her Herbology homework. She had a sudden urge to look up and saw the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher walk into the Library she didn’t find this odd till she felt his eyes on her, she tried to shack the weird feeling but couldn’t so chose to ignore it and get back to work. Soon Channing showed up, rather annoyed with a boy named Neville who had who lost his toad again.

“I tried to help the little bugger, but Merlin’s pants I have other things to do” he complained, Alysia nodded as she felt like someone was watching her again, she looked up to see once more that it was the Professor.

“Chan….” She trailed off; looking down at her parchment so no one could see her lips moving. “Is Professor Lupin staring at me?”

“Er…no” said Channing, Alysia looked up again and saw that the teacher was now talking to a student, this girl had rather bushy hair and looked to be a few years younger than Alysia. She sighed and went back to work, maybe it was just her brain messing with her, she hoped so anyhow. But as a month went by it did not seem as though Alysia was imagining anything. And soon she found herself blushing and giggling, she very much hoped it wasn’t what she thought it was, yet she could not deny she was rather sure it was. Alysia tried very hard to avoid the Professor who was now known as everyone’s favorite Dark Arts teacher, other than the Slytherins; but they were all prats. However, this one lesson close to Halloween came to be just what Alysia didn’t want, Professor Lupin had asked her to stay after class to have a word.

“Alysia, may I ask why Professor Snape is always keeping you after class whilst you are meant to be here?” Lupin was sitting behind his desk, his head cocked to the left slightly, his eyes on her, her likeness to his girl he once knew still shocked him.

“He hates me….”

“I very much doubt that.”

”He told me!”

“He…He told you he hates you?” Lupin asked, straightening his head again, looking rather concerned.

“Yes, in my fourth year I asked why he always gave me detentions and why he always made me stay after class…”

“And he then told you he hates you?” Lupin asked.

“Er, well no…. he said I was a babbling, blabbering mouth, who talks back… I told him that I never talk in class and that I always listen and…well then he said I reminded him of someone he used to know and that I should befriend a murder…”

The Professor said nothing, his eyes flashed over Alysia a few times before his gaze dropped to his desk. She stood there, feeling awkward, she didn’t know if she should leave or not but she very much wanted to.

“Well, I can’t do anything but talk to Professor Snape and I must insist that if you have anymore problems that you come talk to me at once and I shall inform Professor Dumbledore at once… is that alright with you?”

“Er, its fine, I guess…. Thanks, Professor.”

“Anytime” he smiled, Alysia smiled back quick before almost running out of the Dark Arts classroom, Stine, who looked alight with glee, then joined her.

“What did he want? Did you snog him?”

“Why would I do that?” Alysia asked, staring at Stine weirdly.

“We all know you like the bloke,” said Channing from behind them.

“I don’t!”

“Do so!” remarked Stine.

“I’ve got to get to class… I’ll see you lot later” said Alysia quickly, before purposely losing her friends in the crowd of students. On Halloween, there was a Hogsmeade visit and Alysia along with Stine started on their Christmas shopping whilst Channing complained behind them for most of the day. After a feast the friends walked back to the Ravenclaw common room. But just as soon as they had gotten back their Head Of House, Professor Flitwick, the Charms teacher, came rushing into the room, shouting something about all students to be sent to the Great for some reason. When they arrived all the other houses were there already, all looking rather confused. Professor Dumbledore told the student body that he and the teachers needed to search the castle, but for what Alysia still didn’t know.

“Sirius Black’s in the castle” said Fred Weasley, as Alysia had bumped into him, she turned around at him and stared rather confused.

“Sirius Black is in Hogwarts?”

“Seems like it, he tore up the Fat Lady’s portrait when she wouldn’t let the maniac in.”

“He’s in the castle?” Alysia asked again, rather scared.

“Yeah” smiled Fred. “Wonder how he’s doing it…”

“I don’t know….” Alysia trailed off then went back over to Stine and Channing who were sitting on top of sleeping bags and muttering to each other.

“They said Sirius Black is in the castle,” said Stine quick.

“I heard…”

“The bloke’s mental,” then said Channing.

“He’s smart enough to get passed the Dementor’s again…” Alysia trailed off.

“Smart or not, he’s still mental” muttered Channing. Alysia said nothing else and took her sleeping bag from Stine, who still looked as scared as Alysia felt., was it true what she had heard? WAs Sirius Black really after Harry Potter?
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, here is a new story, its still in the works but I really like it, there is no guarantee I will ever finish this story but right now I really like it and its a nice break from Till The End Of The Road.

I know right now it seems like a Teacher/Student, but its far from that, trust in me!