Status: Pretty Active. Next chapter coming soon!

Run, Baby, Run

Chapter 11

Sage’s POV

The hairs on the back of my neck stood on edge. My hands were clenched into tight fists by my sides. The night air seemed to get ten degrees colder. “What do you want?” I ask keeping my voice as even as possible.

“Oh Sage,” The voice sighs. “So quick to cut to the chase, aren’t we?” It laughs. “Let’s have a little talk first.”

I growl under my breath. “I’d rather not talk. Just tell me what you want me to do, and let me go home.” I was in no mood to deal with this crap.

Faster then lightening, my head whipped to the side and my cheek was stinging. “What the hell!” I exclaim.

“Somebody is starting to get defiant.” The voice mocks sarcastically. “ Maybe you should stop spending so much time with those creatures. How is Lucifer by the way? Does he love you yet, or does he just want to take away your adorable innocence?”

My heart beats faster at the mention of Luce. I couldn’t let them know that I have actually started to like him. They could hurt Luce worse then I could. “Lucifer is fine. He doesn’t love me yet, but I have gained his trust.”

“Wonderful.” The voice purrs. “ And the prophecy, Does she trust you?”

“Yes.” My stomach churns. I think I’m going to be sick. I hate betraying them.

“Hmm. Maybe you are more useful then I originally thought.” They say. “You are doing your job well Sage.”

I nod. “I want my mom back.”

“And you will get her back, when the prophecy and her family are dead.” There is laughter. “I wonder what Mommy-dearest will think when she finds out her son is a murderer.”

“I’m not killing anybody!” I shout. “My mother will not know anything about this.”

I hear the voice growling. “You are in no place to be making demands Sage. Talk out of line again, then say goodbye to your mother.”

“Please no.” I beg.

“I can and I will if you don’t do as I say.”

I bow my head. They know my weakness is my mother and they are not afraid to use it against me.

“Anyway, I do not have much time left to explain, but do you remember they story I told you about the first time we meet.”

I nod. “Yes, the story about Maria.”

“Yes, Well Lucifer has something of Maria's that I would like back, and I want you to get me it.”

“What is it? Where can I find it?”

“Her heart. It is in the basement of their house. I need you to get down there and bring it to me at this exact corner in a week. I will be waiting.”

The person was gone, leaving me in the cold with my thoughts. There was no possible way for me to get that heart. The basement was under lock and key, and Lucifer told me never to go down there ever. I could never get past him and get down there. But if I don’t get that heart I will never see my mother again.

I hate having to chose between my mother, and the people I love so much. In the end one to them gets hurts, no matter who I chose.

I walk the rest of the way home is silence, consumed by my thoughts. When I did reach the house I barely heard my aunt’s yelling.

I climbed the stairs up to my room, and collapsed onto the bed crying. I just want to sleep and never wake up. I’m such a terrible person. I bet it would be so much painless for everybody If I just killed myself now.

Just then I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Without looking at the number I answer the call.

“Hello.” I try to make my voice as normal as possible.

“Sage, I have been calling your phone constantly for over an hour now. Are you home safe? Are you okay? Where the hell were you? I was worried sick. Your aunt even called me and I had to talk her out of calling the cops.”

I sigh. He cares way too much about me. “I’m fine Luce.” I whisper not trusting my normal voice not to crack. “I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” I hang up the phone and toss it across the room.

I hate myself so much.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I took so long again. I am super busy, and I had no idea how to write this chapter. So sorry if this is a really crappy update but I wrote it in the car today driving home from Indianna.

Please enjoy this chapter though! This story has three stars already. I am sooo happy! This is the farthest I have ever gotten in a story, and I am not stopping!

Comment, Subscribe, and enjoy!

xoxo- Sarah