Status: Pretty Active. Next chapter coming soon!

Run, Baby, Run

Chapter 13

Sage’s POV

“Luce where do you keep the popcorn?” I yell to him from my place in the kitchen.

“In the cupboard above the fridge.” Luce yells back from the living room.

I huff to myself while looking up at the cupboard. I couldn’t possibly reach it. But we were watching a movie, and you always need popcorn to watch a movie. Luce wouldn’t get off his lazy ass to make some, so here I am too short to reach it.

“It’s too high!” I whine

I hear laughter. “Get a chair babe.”

I sigh. Oh yeah, a chair. Why didn’t I think about that before? I grab a chair from the kitchen table and walk it over to the fridge. I step onto it and open the cupboard seeing the glorious popped corn. I grabbed a regular buttered package because the original is always the best.

I return the chair to the table and put the package in the microwave. I pressed the popcorn button and now I had four minutes to wait. I tap my fingers on the countertop, and let my gaze wonder. My eyes land on a brown door across from the kitchen. That must be the basement. My stomach twists at the thought of what’s down there. I need to get down there. Something down there could possibly be the thing that saves my mothers life.

Completely ignoring the popcorn, I silently make my way across the kitchen to the door. I look over my shoulder to make sure Luce is still in the living room. My palms were starting to sweat. I reach for the knob, praying that it is unlocked. Cautiously I twist the knob. It clicks open.

I let out a sigh of relief as the door opens silently. The door opens to reveal a staircase leading into darkness. I look behind me one last time, and taking a deep breath I descend the stairs.

I place my hands on either side of the narrow stairway walls. The further I went down, the stronger a certain odder became. It was almost like the way a decaying body would smell, but mustier, and mixed with the coppery smell of blood.

At the bottom of the stairs, I was engulfed in the smell and darkness. I reached around blindly for a light switch or at least a flashlight. Suddenly my hand hit a button and I pushed it hoping for light.

Suddenly the darkness was gone, and left in its place was a sight I will never be able to forget.

The ceiling was low and old with some tiles missing and wires hanging low. The floor was cement stained various colors. The most popular of the colors seemed to be a dark burgundy red, the color of dried blood. Across the room on the floor were various metal objects. Many of which were sharp and stained with blood.

The worst part of it all, were the rows, and rows of shelves lining the walls holding hundreds of jarred human hearts.

I could not contain the loud gasp that left my mouth. Even though it was extremely sick, I was very compelled to get closer and look at each and every one of them. I walked towards the nearest shelf. I lightly ran my fingers over each jar somewhat admiring them. Each was labeled with a name and a date, some going back many years. Some of the hearts were still faintly beating. It was fascinatingly beautiful.

One jar caught my attention. It was labeled with the name Maria, and dated 2 years ago. This was the one they wanted. The heart was even still faintly beating. How is that even possible after two years?

“Looking for something?” A chilly voice broke me from my thoughts.

I whipped around to see Luce standing there. He mouth was pulled into a tight line. He arms were folded over his chest. His eyes were pure black. The air around him was filled with blood lust and power. He never looked more attractive.

“Luce.” I whispered entranced by his power.

He laughs darkly, sending a shiver up my spine.

He walks towards me with feline like grace. “You must think I am a monster.” His hand reaches out and caresses my cheek. He smiles. “Are you scared, little Sage?”

I look up into his eyes, and grab the hand that is on my cheek and hold it there. “No” I whisper. “I’d never fear you.”

Lucifer growls and pushes me up against a clear spot on the wall. He pins both my hands above my hand in one of his. The other reaches down slipping under my shirt caressing my stomach.

“You should fear me.” He whispered into my ear then biting the lobe and tugging down. “ I can end your life in a matter of seconds. I can snap your neck before you can utter a plea.” Luce licks underneath my ear and starts to make his way down my neck, leaving goose bumps in his path. “I can rip your heart right out of your chest and add it too my collection.” He sucks on a particular spot that has me struggling to hold back moans. “I can drain you of your blood, and when my kind bites, we make sure our victims feel no pleasure at all.” He licks up the length of my neck, and laughs as I squirm under him. “Would you like me to bite you Sage?”

I moan at his voice. I was beyond hard now, and I needed relief. “God yes!” I buck my hips against his dying for at least a little friction.

Lucifer Growls removing himself from my neck. “You just made a big mistake Sage.” He smashes his lips against mine roughly and grinds his lower half into mine.

I need this so bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Welp, I decided to post this one because I am extremely bored with no plans on New years. Anyway, I really hope you enjoy this chapter. It was fun to write. The next chapter should have some good stuff in it :).

Please enjoy this, and have a happy new year! I am going to go watch skins and eat chicken wings.

Comment/subscribe

xoxo- Sarah