Status: Pretty Active. Next chapter coming soon!

Run, Baby, Run

Chapter 15

Sage’s POV

I froze as I heard his words. He loves me? I know I should be happy to hear those three words, but in the end it makes it easier for me to betray him. I was supposed to make him fall in love with me, it was a part of doing my job; I just didn’t realize it would be this easy. The hard part would be breaking his heart. Were my feeling for him that relevant? I mean the sex was great, and I can’t deny that I enjoy his presence, but did I truly love him?

“Sage?” Luce whispered sounding worried that I hadn’t responded back.

I looked up into his eyes, “yeah?”

“You don’t have to say it back. I mean I know it’s really soon and stuff. I wouldn’t blame you if didn’t say it back for a long time. I would even completely understand if you don’t love me. I’m a demon; a terrible, dangerous monster. I just wanted to tell you how I feel. I really do love you. It’s the tr…”

I cut him off by placing my mouth over his. My hand reaches to tangle itself in his post-sex hair. We kiss tenderly for a few minutes before I pull away. “Lucifer, shut up. I love you too.” I smile at him, but on the inside my stomach its twisting itself in knots.

Luce’s smile seems never ending. He grabs my face gently and kissing me over and over again. “Are you sure? I mean I am still a demon. I can’t get pretty scary sometimes.” He pulls back and sits up taking me with him and holds me at arms length.

I nod my head vigorously. “Luce, I don’t care what are you. I know you won’t hurt me. I trust you entirely. I love you with my whole being.” I climb onto his lap and wrap my arms around his neck. “Now kiss me, you idiot.”

I smile, as he pulls me in closer and I feel his lips on mine. It was absolute paradise, just being with him and being held in his arms. I wanted to get lost in the kiss and just forget about the world around me. I wanted to forget about doing my job, but there was always that nagging voice in my head reminding me of my mother.

I’m such a shit person. My heart and my head are telling me two completely different things. If I go with my heart, I may never see my mother again. If I go with my head, I betray Luce and get him and Ella killed. No matter what I do, somebody is going to get hurt. I don’t know what to do, and it scares me more then any demon or mysterious being could.

Meanwhile the kiss was starting to get heavy. I was now straddling Luce’s lap. His hands are rubbing circles into my lower back, and are starting to get lower. My fingers are tightly wound into his hair. His lips leave my mouth and make their way down my jaw onto my neck. We are both still very naked from previous activities, and what his lips were doing on my neck was started to make me hard again. I let out a small groan.

“Luce, we need to stop. Kai and Ren will be home soon.”

He whines but pulls away. “You’re right, I’m sorry!” He smiles shyly at me and lays down pulling me with him.

I lay my head on his chest as he pulls the sheets over us. I smile contently, loving this moment of peacefulness. I could spend hours listening to his heartbeat and tracing random patterns into his chest.

In that moment, I knew what I had to do. I knew I couldn’t live in this lie anymore. I did truly love Luce, no matter what my head said. I can’t betray him. I can’t she Ella harmed. I needed to find a way save Luce. I needed to figure out what really happened to make someone hate him.

“Hey Luce?” I whisper.

“Yeah babe?”

“Tell me about your past. I want to know everything.” I needed to know.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sooo sorry that it has been forever! I have had so much drama going on in my life! So much is messed up in my life, and it got really bad.

But anyway here is another chapter. Sorry it's super short, and kinda-fillerish but I couldn't really think of what else to write. The next chapter should be quite a bit longer and better quality.

I also just wanted to say that I love every person that reads this story, and subcribes and comments. This story has five stars now! It's amazing! Thank you so much everyone!

Xoxo- Sarah