Status: Pretty Active. Next chapter coming soon!

Run, Baby, Run

Chapter 16

Luce’s POV

I was taken aback by Sage’s words. Did he really want to know everything? Was I even willing to tell him everything? My past is a dark place that not many know about. If Sage were to know about the things I have done; I am afraid he will fear me forever.

“Are you sure you want to know everything?” I ask him brushing back a strand of hair from his face.

“Yes!” He says, “I’m your boyfriend, I deserve to know about your past!”

I sigh. “But Sage, my past is a very scary and dark place. I mean the past is the past. Shouldn’t it be left there for a reason?”

“Lucifer, I don’t care how scary your past is. I can handle it! Your past is a part of who you are, and I want to know every part of you so I can love you even more then I already do!” Sage sits up and takes my face between his two little hands. He looks me straight in the eyes with a look of determination on his face.

I can’t find it in myself to say no to him. He does have a right to know… I hope I won’t scare him.

“Okay, okay, fine! You better make yourself comfortable though, this might take awhile.”

Sage smiles at me and pecks my lips quickly. He then climbs off my lap then leans back against a pillow.

I sigh and lean against another pillow next to him. Well here goes nothing…

“Well I guess I’ll start from the beginning. I was born in a small town outside of Paris. My parents are I guess what you can call Royalty among the demon society, so I guess you can say I had a pretty easy childhood.
The town I lived in was mostly populated by our kind. We all lived in peace. We only hunted when it was necessary and we respected the land we lived on. For a long time everything was great. I grew up learning how to be a proper demon, and was prepared for the day I would have to take over my father’s place as a ruler.
It was not until I was about eleven when things turned bad. Demons were starting to hunt for pleasure. Innocent people were dying. My father tried to control them, but the more demons hunt and drink human blood, the more powerful they become. Eventually the humans somehow captured many of the rouge demons. They were all executed and burned at the stake. This action was a start of a war. It was no longer safe for our kind to live peacefully.
The fighting began not too long afterwards. Much of the town had already fled to safer areas. My mother wanted to leave desperately, but my father insisted we stay as long as we possibly could.
There were so many attacks. The humans went through the nearby towns and rape and pillage. They were acting more like monsters then we were. Eventually the fighting had reached our town. The rag-tag militia that was hastily put together was exhausted and hopeless.
I remember that awful day like it was yesterday. So many innocents were brutally murdered. We were so greatly out numbered. We never wanted a fight. WE wanted to live in peace. It made me so angry how ignorant and violent humans are. They were killing my people! There were so many young children, killed that day. They never got to live out their lives.
When the town was attacked, my father finally decided that our family could leave. My mother told me to pack a small bag quickly, and then wait for my father to give us a signal that is it okay to exit the house. We needed to get out fast and get on the same plane my parents kept for emergencies.
I packed my bag quickly, and then waited in the foyer with my mother. I remember tightly griping on to her hand. I was so scared. Finally my father gave us an all clear, and we sprinted for the small plane. We didn’t quite make it though. WE were so close to the plane I could almost touch it, but the humans were there and closing in fast. A young woman tried to stop them, by throwing herself in front of them. She was no match for them. They killed her and chopped her head off in a matter of seconds.
We would have been doomed if my father didn’t show up when he did. He shoved my mother and I into the plane, and then stood in front of it bravely. I have never seen my father look so intimidating before. From the window of the plane I saw him do some kind of magic, and then the advancing army just disappeared.
I had always known that my father was powerful, but I didn’t realize that he could perform such tasks as making a large group of people just disappear. His power takes a lot of energy out of him though. He ages faster each time her uses such power.
After escaping from the town, we flew here, and settled down in this town. We still had much of our wealth so we had this house built, and I have lived here ever since.
After the attack back in France, I was never the same. I was angry. I began to hate all humanity for killing my kind so cruelly. They disgusted me. My parented had to pull me out of countless schools for getting into fights, and harassing other students. Everybody was intimidated of me. I was bigger then everyone, and about ten times stronger. I was also very reckless when hunting. I would prey on the easy targets. Striking them down when they least expect it. I started to collect souvenirs from my prey. I stored their hearts in jars. I would even go as far as bringing some of my victims home as torturing them so their death would be slow and painful. I eventually meet Kai while hunting. He was alone. When demons are not around other demons they become very vulnerable and weak. I took him under my wing and I showed him how to hunt and be strong. We grew to be best friends.
My parents did not approve of my reckless ways at all. They hated who I had become. My father said that he was ashamed to have raised a son such as me. Their disappointment did not stop me. If anything it made me more intent to kill.” I looked over at Sage as I said these words. I did not want to scare him but he wanted the truth and this is it.

Thankfully, Sage did not seem very frightened. He was leaning against my arm. His big green eyes were staring up at me with interest. It was if I was telling a fairytale story to a toddler.

I continued, “ The one kill I remember the most, was when I killed a girl named Maria. I really didn’t want to kill her in the first place. The night of her death, I had already hunted and eaten my fill. She ran into me on the streets and begged me to kill her. She said she had witnessed me hunting a while back, and she could not live with those images inside her head anymore. I kept telling her to get over it. I even offered to pay for her to get help. She refused. She brought out a knife and cut herself. Once the scent of her blood reached me, I couldn’t stop myself. I can still remember her screams to this day. I still have her heart in the basement. It still beats faintly because of how great of a person she was.
Then about four years ago, my life got flipped around. Four years ago Arella was born. She was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. I fell in love with her from the first second I got to hold her. She was my saving grace. She made me realize how important life can be. I devoted myself to protect her until the day I die.
I didn’t realize how much I would actually have to protect her until one day my parents just disappeared. They vanished without leaving any clues of where they might be. I believe they are kidnapped and being held hostage somewhere. I am determined to find them someday. It is just sad that Arella probably doesn’t even remember know her parents are.
Since then I have devoted my life to taking care of Arella and just making sure she has a good life.” I took a breath. I was now exhausted from telling Sage my whole life. Just thinking about some of those memories can sink me into a deep depression.

I look over at Sage and smile. He is fast asleep, curling into my side with a soft smile on his sleeping face. I kiss his cheek, and then adjust him so he is curled up in my arms.

“Goodnight, My love.” I whisper to him, and then fall into a dreamless slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi I'm back! sorry it took me so long. I had lots of drama in my life, and I was super busy. Anyway her is a new chapter. It's pretty long, so enjoy. Comment and subscribe please!

xoxo- Sarah