Status: Pretty Active. Next chapter coming soon!

Run, Baby, Run

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Alright sage. You can do this. It's just school right. Everything will be fine." I give myself a pep talk in front of the mirror in my room. Today was my first day and I couldn’t be anymore nervous then I was now. I have never been the new kid and honestly I didn't want to be. What if there are people like trey here? I don't think I am mentally capable of another year of torment.

I just wanted to curl up in my bed and stay there for eternity, especially after last night. As soon as I got home I had locked myself in my room and aunt carol had to get her husband to bust the door down so she could calm me down from my panic attack.

"Sage, hurry up. You're going to be late for your first day."

"Coming!" I turn back to the mirror and sigh. Let's just get this over with. I give my hair one last fluff before heading downstairs.

My aunt hands me money for lunch and kisses my cheek sending me outside.

I climb into my old car that had been given to me for my sixteenth birthday. It was old but it had character. The drive to the school was a short one. I just followed the buses filled with the unlucky few without cars.

The sight I saw was a familiar one. Teenagers were streaming onto the school yard. Many dispersed into many groups and others stood awkwardly waiting for friends. Some were dealing out homework answers like drugs and some were dealing actual drugs.

I could feel the stares as I walked into the stone building. I could hear the whispers all asking the same question, "Who is he?"

Some how I managed to find the main office and walked awkwardly up to the desk.

"May I help you?" The lady asked looking at me with kind eyes.

"Uh yeah. I'm new here."

Her eyes brighten." Oh you must be Sage Gerace. Welcome to Bellview high!" She pulls out a piece of paper, which I assumed was my schedule. She then continued to inform me on my locker number and homeroom.

"Miss. Sky? You wanted to see me?" A guys voice came from the doorway.

"Yes. Kai this is Sage. Will you show him around today?"

I turn around and gasp. He's one of them.

“Sure thing Miss. Sky.” Kai says after looking at me strangely for a minute. “Can I see your schedule?”

Nodding quickly I hand it over to him. I take this as a chance to wipe my sweaty palms on my jeans. Keep it together Sage.

“We have lunch and practically every other class together, so I should have no problem showing you around today. You can even sit with my friends and me today.” Kai handed the piece of paper back to me and flashed me a genuine smile.

I mumble a thanks and smile back with great effort. This is going to be a long day.

We walk out of the main office into the empty hallway. It’s always been weird to me walking down a school hallway with no one in it.

“We have Chemistry first. Ready to go Little Bud?” Kai slings his arm over my shoulder.

I nod and smile. He doesn’t seem evil to me. He is actually pretty cute; for an evil being…

First period went fairly quickly along with the other 3 periods until lunch. Gym was the worst. We had to play dodge ball and of course nobody usually wants to pick the short scrawny kid, but having Kai with me was drawing even more unnecessary attention to myself.

From what I learned Kai and his group of two other friends were the one group nobody wants to mess with. The whole school avoided them, fearing that if the pissed them off; it would be the last thing they did.

Other then the whole “Evil thing”, Kai was surprisingly pleasant. He was very much a gentle giant and had a habit of getting over excited about the smallest things. It’s actually quite funny to see him jumping up and down because the Spanish teacher gave him a lollipop as a reward for answering a question right. He also insisted on calling me Sagey, because according to him an adorable boy needs an adorable name to match.

“Sagey! It’s time for lunch!” Kai bounds over to my locker and then proceeds to bounce up and down on his toes. Something tells me that lollipop wasn’t the only sugar he has had today.

“Okay, okay I’m coming.” I close my locker and then follow him into to the busy lunchroom.

Kai spots his friends at a small table in the back and then practically drags me over while winding through the seemly endless span of tables and teenagers.

From far away I could make out the details of a girl and a boy. The boy had his head down on his arms with his black hair splayed out around him. The girl was sitting up looking bored as hell. She was pretty with brown, wavy hair and green eyes.

“Hi guys!” Kai says. “This is Sage. He’s new. Sage this is Serenity, but we call her Ren.”

“Aww you’re adorable!” Ren says.

“Thanks.” I blush.

“And that sleepyhead over there is Luce.” Kai adds.

“Well it’s nice to meet you.” I smile.

Ren smiles back then throws a carrot at Luce.

His head slowly rises and he glares at Ren. “What the hell was that for? I was sleeping. You try sleeping in a bed with a four year old kicking you!” His voice is sexy.

Ren smirks. “You were being rude. We have some one new here.” She jerks her head in my direction.

Soon I find myself staring into a pair of hazel eyes attached to a face framed with silky black hair.

I couldn’t help but gasp. He was beautiful.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a chapter!! I am really, really enjoying writing this. it's so much fun!

Thank you to Hot Chelle Rae for commenting! Don't worry I didn't let Sage die!

I will try to update again sometime later this week if I'm not to busy with cheer. I have choreography camp this week along with two practices and a school tumbling thing.

Well they finally meet! I agree with Ren and Kai, Sage is adorable! I hope Luce won't be mean to him!
so please enjoy!
xoxo- Sarah