Status: Pretty Active. Next chapter coming soon!

Run, Baby, Run

Chapter 4

Luce’s POV

“Lucey…Wake up.” Something pokes my shoulder multiple times.

I groan turning away from the disturbance, determined not to wake up. It was way too early in the morning to be up. I had barely gotten any sleep last night with a four year old in my bed.

“Lucifer! Wake up now!” Crap. She’s screaming now. Not good.

My eyes shoot open then as fast as I could I turn around and clamp my hand over her mouth before something breaks. “I’m up.”

Arella whines clawing at my hand to try to remove it.

I look into her green eyes. “No more screaming. Understand?”

She nods quickly.

I remove my hand and then run it through my bed head. “Now why on earth, Arella, did you have to wake me up so early?”

She looks up at me with innocent eyes; “Well it’s show and tell at school today. I wanted to make sure you didn’t forget.”

I sigh. “Of course I didn’t forget your show and tell. What are you gonna bring?” Honestly I had completely forgot.

“I wanna bring Hammy!” She exclaims jumping into my lap, wrapping her small arms around my neck.

Hammy was her guinea pig. Yes I did get her a guinea pig and yes she did name it Hammy. She’s only four. I figured it would teach her some responsibility and help her adjust after what happened. I’m surprised she actually remembers to feed that thing.

“Ella sweetheart, I don’t think bringing Hammy is a good idea. Why don’t you bring your new Barbie?”

“But I told Hammy I would bring him, and he will be all lonely now if I don’t. He will hate me because I lied. I don’t want Hammy to hate me.” She pouted, her voice quivering.

“Ella I really don’t think it’s a good idea.” I sigh. I hate making her upset.

“But Lucey Please…” She looks up at me with those puppy dog eyes.
I sigh again. “Fine. You can bring Hammy, but you have to promise to take very good care of him.”

Ella smiles and kisses my cheek. “Thank you Lucey! I love you!”

I chuckle lifting her off my lap. “I love you too. Now go wake up Ren to help you get ready.” I set her down and kiss the top of her head before she was off.

I run my hands down my face. I was in desperate need of some coffee. Thankfully it was a Friday. I eventually lift myself from the bed and into the bathroom to shower.

After my shower, I wrap a towel around my waist and then style my hair with my blow dryer and straightener. Once I was satisfied with the way my hair looked I walked back into my room. I put on my boxers, then a pair of black skinny jeans, a white V-neck shirt and a leather jacket over it.

In the kitchen, Ren was standing by the coffee pot sipping a rather large steaming cup. She was glaring at me over the rim of her mug. I guess she got the same lovely wake up call I did.

Ella was sitting on the counter, in her own world, eating a pop tart and humming some unknown song.

I smile at both girls, reaching around Ren to get to the delicious black liquid.

“Who gave into her puppy dog eyes, and agreed to let her bring this thing?” Kai says carrying the large cage into the kitchen and setting it on the counter. “Here you go princess.” He ruffles her hair then joins Ren and I by the coffee.

“That would be me.” I say. “It’s hard to resist those eyes.” It’s true. Anyone that has meet Arella knows it.

Kai laughs. “Does Big, tough Lucifer Jayden Giovaldi, have a soft spot?” He teases.

I growl at him. He and Ren are the only ones I allow to see past my barriers and into my world with Ella.

“Careful Kai. Don’t test him before he has his morning fix.” Ren laughs as she walks over to Ella to brush her hair into place.

Ella looks up at Ren and smiles lovingly. My heart melts at this gesture. We have all been together since Arella was just over one. We have all raised Ella together and are like a big family. Ren and Kai are the only ones I would ever trust with her.

Ten minutes later we are in my car. I buckle Ella into her car seat then set Hammy on the seat next to her. That damn thing is going to make my car smell. I sit in the drivers seat and start the car. The new Kidz Bop CD blares through the car causing me to jump.

Ella giggles in the back and starts singing along to the badly sung pop song.

The drive to her preschool is a short one. I get out of my car and then get Ella and Hammy out, using one hand to carry the cage and the other to hold Ella’s hand. Her purple bag is slung over my shoulder. We walk into the colorful building, many of the moms say hi to Ella and she shyly smiles back.

I place her bag in her cubby and help her take off her jacket.

“Hurry up Luce, I’m gonna be late!” She pulls on my sleeve.

“Ella, you can’t be late for preschool, but I’m coming.” I follow her in the bustling classroom still holding that damn cage.

The teachers instruct me to place the cage on some counter and immediately small children swarm around it. It’s time for me to leave now.

“Ella I have to go now.” I bend down and pull her into a hug. “I’ll pick you up after school. I love you.” I kiss the top of her head.

“Okay Bye Luce! Love you too!” Ella quickly kisses my cheek and then is off.

There is a chorus of “Awws.” They all think it’s adorable how good I am with her.

I leave the school and then make my way to my prison. In the parking lot of the school I spot Kai and Ren and head over to talk to them.

“…But I don’t think I did anything wrong.” Kai says nervously.

“They probably just want to ask how you are doing in all of your advanced classes.” Ren reassures him squeezing his hand gently.

“What’s going on?” I ask.

“Kai got called down to the office, and he is worried about getting in trouble.” Ren says in my direction but doesn’t turn away from Kai.

I could tell they like each other. “Don’t worry dude.” I place my hand on his shoulder. “They probably just want to talk.”

“Yeah you’re probably right.” He nods to reassure himself. “Well I have to go now guys. I’ll see you at lunch.”

I wave to him as he walks off. “Poor guy.” I say to Ren. “He is always so worried about being in trouble.”

She sighs. “Well you know how he his with his grades.”

I smirk. “You like him.” I singsong.

Ren blushes. “No I don’t! He’s like a brother to me!”

“Uh huh Sure.” I elbow her in the ribs.

“Lucifer Jayden! Do you want to get your ass kicked?” Ren growls.

“No.” I step away from her lowering my head. Ren is scary when she gets mad.

“Good boy now lets get to class.” She links her arm with mine and we head to first period.

The first couple classes pass quickly and soon its lunch. I could barely keep my eyes open. I need a nap, or more coffee.

Ren and I were seated at our usual table in the corner of the cafeteria. My heads resting on my arms, on the table. Ren is sitting across from me, and I think she’s glaring at me. Ren does not like to be bored.

“Hi Guys!” I hear Kai say.

I make some kind of noise acknowledging him. I turn him out after that. I need sleep. I was about to reach that edge of sleep when I feel something hit my head. I raise my head slowly and glare at Ren. “What the hell was that for? I was sleeping. You try sleeping in a bed with a four year old kicking you!” I growl through my teeth.

“You were being rude.” She states simply. “We have someone new here.” Her head jerks to the side.

I turn my head and my eyes widen. Standing before me was that most beautiful, innocent looking creature I have ever seen.

He had bright green eyes framed with thick eyelashes that brushed his cheeks when he blinked. He had long black hair reaching past his ears, framing his slim face. He had light pink lips that looked very kissable. How I longed to feel them against mine. He was short and very thin. His slim figure dressed in a pair of dark skinny jeans that left very little to the imagination, and an All Time Low T-shirt with a purple hoodie over it that was frayed at the cuffs.

I wanted him. He was just too beautiful to be treated like I treated all others.
I noticed him staring at me too. His eyes were scanning up and down my body. I smirked.

“I’m Lucifer.” I say Holding out a hand.

“I-I’m S-Sage.” He stutters out and grips my hand shaking it quickly.

I smile. He’s adorable.

Once I let go of his hand he goes and sits next to Kai across from me. Kai gives me a questioning look. I just look back and shrug.

Lunch went quickly. Ren and Kai making conversation with Sage. I stayed mostly silent just watching him. This boy was very interesting and he had me intrigued.

I found out that he had just moved here and was living with his aunt. He didn’t seem to want to go very into the details of his life.

After school I walk out of the building into the parking lot. I had to go pick Ella up from school and I’ll go home and sleep.

There were very few cars in the lot. One stuck out to me most. It had a small boy kicking the tire swearing and shivering in the late October wind.

Against my better judgment I walked up to him. “Do you need help?” I ask.

Sage jumps at my voice and turns to face me. “N-No! My car just won’t start.”

I nod and then before he could stop me and I walked to the front of the car and popped the top. Smoke emerged from the engine. I waved a hand in front of my face clearing the smoke. Truthfully I know nothing about cars. “Uh well. I don’t think the smokes good.” I say to him.

He rolls his eyes. “Well obviously not.”

I close the hood and look back at him. “Do you want a ride?” I ask.

He sighed and then did something I didn’t expect. He nodded and then followed me to me car.

I could tell this was the start of a not so beautiful friendship.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait! I was super busy! Too much cheer!! but here's a chapter and It's longer this time! this is kind of a filler, but I wanted to add more of the interaction between Luce and Arella because it's very important for future chapters.

So you got to see Luce's perpspective of Sage in this chapter. Next chapter should be very interesting.

xoxo- Sarah