Status: Pretty Active. Next chapter coming soon!

Run, Baby, Run

Chapter 8

Sage’s POV

It turned cold. The air was heavy as if it was filled with toxic smoke. The wind picked up, and the trees were swaying violently.

Luce was not in much better condition. His phone had long since fell out of his hand and shattered on the ground. His green eyes turned black, and his whole body was shaking. He was making low rumbles from the back of his throat. Something bad had happened. It was frightening me.

“Luce?” I say gently. My voice cracked slightly. “What happened? Who was on the phone?” I gather the courage to reach my hand out and touch his arm.

Luce jerks away from my touch but seems to snap back into reality. He looks at me with green eyes. They were filled with fear, and anger.

“It was Kai. Arella was attacked. She’s in the hospital now.”

“Oh Luce! I’m so sorry!” I throw my arms around his waist burying my face into his chest.

He responds to my hug wrapping his arms around my shoulders and laying his chin on my head. He breaths in shakily, the way you would after crying.

I feel terrible. The date had gone so perfectly. Luce was such a gentlemen, and I felt myself acting like a giddy schoolgirl with her first crush. He was perfect. To bad I’m all a lie. I was head over heels for him, and it wasn’t a good thing.

“Let’s go to the hospital okay?” I tried my best to give him a sympathetic smile. “I’ll drive!”

Poor Luce, he is so out of it he can’t do anything but nod platonically.

Twenty minutes later we arrive at the hospital. Luce darts in through the doors, and I try my best to keep up with him.

“Where’s Arella Giovaldi?” He demanded as he reached the front desk.

The red headed secretary looked up and snapped her gum. “Who are you?” Her voice was nasally.

Luce growls. “I’m her brother, and she has been injured and needs me at the moment.”

The ginger rolls her eyes and scoffs. “Room 367.”

Luce glares at her, before grabbing my hand and pulling me into the elevator. I cringe. Did I mention I hate hospitals and elevators?

Once in the elevator I took a good look at Luce. He was a mess. His eyes were wild, with anger and fear. His hair was messy and sticking up all over the place. His jaw was set in a tight line, and I swear I could hear his teeth grinding together. Even the grip he had on my hand was too tight.

“Lucifer you need to calm down; for Arella’s sake. You will worry her if you walk into her room like this.” I struggle to free my hand from his. “She is probably already pretty freaked out, you need to keep it together for her.”

He sighs, “You’re right, I’m sorry. I’ll get it together. I just feel terrible for not being there with her the whole time.” His voice shakes.

I look over and notice a single tear running down his pale cheek. I reach my hand over and wipe it away with my thumb. “Everything will be okay.” I leave my hand there cupping the side of his face, smiling up at him.

He blinks away the rest of the tears before smiling sadly back at me. His hands reach down to grip my other hand in both. “Thanks for being here. I’m sorry that our date got cut short.” He whispers.

I shake my head. “It’s okay, we can have more dates.” I lean up and kiss his cheek as the elevator door opens.

We walk to the room holding hands. Ren and Kai were outside the room talking to the doctor. Ren was tucked into Kai’s side, and his arms were securely around her. Both of their faces were worrisome and tear stained.

“Luce!” Ren exclaims as she spots us.

He lets go of my hand and I let him run over to her and pull her into his arms. “How is she?” He asks.

“She’s okay right now. She’s got a broken arm, a few badly bruised ribs, a slight concussion, and then tons of little cuts and bruises.” Kai explains. “She’s has been asking for you constantly. And Sage too.”

Luce nods as he absorbs the information. He noticed that I was now near him and pulled me into his side wrapping his arm around me. “I need to see her.”

“Go right in.” The doctor says holding the door open.

Luce and I walk into the room, to find Arella sitting up in bed with a bored expression.

“Hey baby girl!” Luce says softly.

“Lucey!” The little blond exclaims holding her non-broken arm out for a hug. “I’m hurt Lucey! I got a broken arm.” She starts crying into his shirt.

“I know sweetheart, I know.”

“You said you wouldn’t let anyone hurt me ever!” The little girl cried more.

“I know, I’m so sorry.” Luce rubs her back comfortingly as she cries. “You gotta relax baby girl. Shhh, it will be okay.”

The scene was heartbreaking. They were each other’s worlds. Luce truly cared about Arella as if she were his own child.

A pair of blue eyes suddenly look up at me. “Sagey!”

I smile. “Hi Ella! How’re you feeling, sweetie?”

“I hurt everywhere, Sagey!” She pouts as she lets go of Luce and reaches for me.

I gently wrap my arms around her, careful not to hurt her more. She was so fragile and innocent. Who could do something like this to such a sweet little girl?

Then it hit me, the grief that I was indirectly part of the plan to attack Ella. I felt like I was going to be sick. They had said nothing about Ella getting hurt in this whole scheme. I feel like such a terrible person.

If Luce ever found out I was a part of the attack…I don’t even want to think about that. I couldn’t bear to think of a world where Luce was mad at me. I couldn’t lose him.
“Sagey? Are you crying?” Ella’s little voice asks.

I pull away from her and put a hand to my cheek. Sure enough there are tears. I try to wipe them away quickly. “No sweetie, I’m fine. I’m just happy that you’re okay.” I force a smile.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Luce give me a questioning look.

I shrug and give him a look that says “I’m fine, don’t ask me about it.”

For a while Luce and I sat on Ella’s bed watching cartoons with her until she fell asleep. Kai and Ren had gone home for the night and were bringing extra clothes for us tomorrow morning. We decided to spend the night with Ella just to make sure she was sleeping okay.

Ella had been asleep for a while now, snoring contently into her pillow. Luce and I had managed to make a makeshift bed out of the couch and two large chairs in the room. We were now lying down with our heads on opposite headrests and our feet going towards each other.

“Why were you crying earlier?” Luce asks suddenly breaking the silence.

I couldn’t think of a straight answer, and I most certainly couldn’t tell him the truth. “I, um…I was just overcome with emotion.” That sounded pathetic.

Luce gave me a ‘Cut the bullshit’ look. “Sage,” he says gently. He sits up and moves over so he is kneeling on the couch in front of me. “Please tell me the truth.”

I look away from his green eyes. I can’t tell you the truth. You will hate me forever!

He places his hand under my chin forcing me to look at him. Our faces are inches apart.

“Sage.” He whispers. His warm breath fans across my face.

I wanted to come clean. I wanted to have a normal honest relationship with him, but what I wanted more then anything at the moment was for my lips to be pressed against his.

He seemed to read my mind because the next thing I knew we were kissing.

His lips were soft against mine. My hands moved on his own to cup his face pulling him closer to me. Fireworks went off in my head, and I saw stars. This felt so right but yet so wrong. When his tongue traced my bottom lip, I happily parted my lips and let our tongues meet. It was a fight for dominance, which I let him win. He explored the caverns of my mouth. I quietly moaned, and I felt him smile into the kiss. When he pulled away, he took my bottom lip in between his and gently tugged before letting it fall back into place.

My eyes meet his, as our foreheads rested against each other’s.

“I was scared.” I whisper after a few minutes of heavy breathing. “I was scared that we were going to lose her. I hate losing people.”

Luce kissed my forehead before lying down and pulling me against him. “Arella will be okay.” He says against my ear. “And I’m not going anywhere. I promise.”

I smile at his words. “I’m not going anywhere either.” I closed my eyes and let myself fall asleep to his breathing.

To bad that was a promise I couldn’t keep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got another chapter done! I am in love with writing this story, and I hope everybody loves reading it. I have a feeling that I actually might finish a story for once with this one. It's going great so far.

So i have no clue when I can update next. My life is going to start getting very busy in the next few weeks, but I will do what I can.

Soo, Enjoy this chapter. My babies finally kissed!!

Comment, suscribe, and continue reading.

XOXO- Sarah