If It Means a Lot to You

We Can Make This Last.

Andy Murray watches as Maya King exits the kids area of the hospital. Her shoulders are shaking as if she's crying and her arm is raised so her hand covers her face. The fifteen year old male frowns to himself. Why did she said no?

Maybe she was a game player. Likes to lead guys on with her alluring British accent and her deep chocolate eyes. Maybe she's afraid to commit to a relationship. Anything could be a possibility but what Andy wants is the truth. But, he can't go after her. He's scheduled to be at the hospital until two. 

The child-like fifteen year old slumps back in a chair that has the face of a monkey. It's too small to fit his maturing body but honestly, he doesn't care. He wants to pout like a five year old about not getting what he wants.

"Andy?" The voice comes from Trinity. He looks at her and smiles.

"Yes Trinny?"

"What's wrong? You look sad." She states, her head tilted to the side in a questioning manner.

"It's nothing. Why don't you go play with Maddie or something?" He suggests gently. She sighs softly and nods, running of to play with the other kids.

Andy slumps over and rests his chin in his hand. He doesn't really feel like staying. He wants to get Maya back. Well, not back, she was never his in the first place. But, he wants her to be his.

Suddenly, he perks up at the thought of an idea. He grins widely and stands up, "I'll be right back. Don't do anything rambunctious." He quickly runs from the room and frantically asks the doctor for Maddie's file. He lies and says he needs the address so he can send "get well soon" flowers to Maddie's house. He really just needs the address so he can stalk see Maya.

Once getting the address, he goes back to the kids area and watches the clock intensely for the next to hours. Once the hour hand hits two, he gets up and bolts from the hospital.

His bike is leaning against the wall in the back of the hospital. He swings his left leg over the seat and quickly peddles to the address that's set in his mind.

Once there, he lays the bike on the opposite side of the road. He's on the track team so he's a fast runner. He can just bolt across the street if needed.

Pulling out a notepad and pen from his backpack, he scribbles a note. Then, he wedges it between the door and rings the doorbell. It's sort of ding-dong-ditch but with a note. He bolts across the street, gets on his bike, and rides home to collect everything he needs.

Image

Maya King lays on her bed, staring at the ceiling. She wanted to say yes but she couldn't. She knew that her father's job would soon be packing up and moving again so there was no point in her trying to maintain an actual relationship.

She had tried in England. Her father promised that, that would be their last move ever. But he lied. She abruptly broke off the relationship that had been going so smoothly. She thought loved that boy.

Hearing the doorbell ring, Maya groans. She had no intention on getting up for the rest of the day. Now, she has to. She lifts herself from the bed and slowly descends down the stairs. She opens the door and watches a paper fall onto the front step. Gingerly, she bends down and opens the note.

MEET ME AT THE GIVING TREE IN THE PARK. 5:30. DON'T BE LATE. WEAR SOMETHING PRETTY. 

The handwriting was barely legible but she manages to make out the words. She wonders who wrote the note. Probably Andy. She would go. But only to apologize for leading him on. She didn't mean to lead him on.

She makes her way back upstairs. It's only about 2:10 so she has three hours and twenty minutes to get ready. And to get to "The Giving Tree." What was that anyways? How would she know what it looked like?

Again, the brunette sighs. She starts to rummage through closet and manages to find a floral dress. It has thin straps and falls guy above her knee. She only wore it once and that was to a sweet sixteen in the dreary spring time.

Slipping out of her pullover and her jeans, she puts the dress on over her strapless white bra and matching panties. Not really important but they're there.

She sits on her bed and stares at the clock. She's actually pretty anxious as to what Andy has planned for them. Probably something child-like and fun. He tends to have that vibe about him. 

Image

At five twenty-five, Maya makes her way from her house. She's wearing a thin, formal, white, button-up sweater over her dress. It's pretty chilly and her legs are cold. Her feet a warm tucked snuggly in her pink ballet shoes.

The walk to the park isn't that far. Only about five minutes; just enough time to get there at the designated time. 

As she walks into the park, the first thing the brunette spots is "The Giving Tree." There's Christmas-like lights swaying from branch to branch. Under the tree it seems as if there was a huge fort built. It's almost like a tent but with flowery bed sheets. 

The British girl gasps as the fort is pealed back slightly and Andy emerges from the depths of it. He has a huge grin on his face. His hair is combed to the side and he's wearing skinny jeans and a nice button down t-shirt. "You came." He states, still grinning. All Maya does is nods and stares at her friend's creation.

"Andy, I-"

He cuts her off with a simple head shake and the taking of her hand. He gently leads her into the fort, sitting down on the thin mattress that's laying in the center. He pats the space next to him and looks up at her with wide brown eyes. There's two lanterns in the fort that reflect in his eyes.

Maya sighs softly and sits down, her legs under her. She stares at the male, "Andy, I'm sorry."

He raises a neat eyebrow, "For what Maya?" He says her name gently.

"For making you like me when I can't return the feelings." She confesses.

"And why can't you?" He lightly rests his hand upon one of hers that is laying in her lap. She intertwines their fingers and looks into his eyes.

"Because... My father... His job. It moves a lot. The longest I've been in a house was when I was ten and we lived in Dallas. That was for ten months. We lived in London for six months before moving. My father keeps promising that we won't be moving again but he says that every time we settle someplace new. Andy, we can't be together when I know we're going to be moving soon."

Andy looks down and sighs, "Can't we try? Maya, I really like you. You're different; special. You make me smile."

"You're always smiling." She mumbles.

"You make me feel mature." He ignores her and finishes with that. They gaze at each other without speaking they slowly lean forward. Their lips touch and Maya moves her painted fingernails into Andy's soft, light brown hair. Andy rests his small hand on his friend's waist and deepens the kiss, pushing his tongue past her lips.

Their lips remain locked for about two more minutes before they part. Both male and female blush and lick over their lips, savoring the other's taste.

Breaking the silence, Andy let out a small giggle, "You taste like strawberries." They look at each other before bursting into a giggle fit. Maya leans her head on his shoulder and blushes.

"I have strawberry lip balm on." She informs him, wrapping her sweater tightly around her. She was getting a bit more chilly. The evening breeze blew in between and under the bed sheets.

"You cold?" Andy asks, wrapping an arm around her. 

She nods, "Very."

Andy holds up a finger and reaches behind him, grabbing a blanket. The blanket has the Superman sign on it. This British brunette looks up at him and cracks a smile, "You look Superman."

"And Batman." Andy smiles, wrapping the blanket around her, "But I'll always be Clark Kent. Always."

Maya giggles and bites her lip, "Not Superman?"

"I can be Superman. But you'll have to be Lois Lane." He hints with a smirk.

"Of course." She smiles and snuggles into him. 

The Christmas lights and the evening sun were pouring through the tent, making the scene more romantic. The two cuddle up and slowly drift to sleep.

Image

Three months later

Maya sighs as she loads her bags into the moving van. They're moving. Again. Just as she had figured. They're moving to Kansas City in Missouri. If she ever wanted to visit Andy, she'd have to drive. It's a days worth of driving and she doesn't even have her permit yet.

The brunette looks around and spots Andy peddling up the road. He brings that stupid bike everywhere. Maya can't help but smile. He stops the bike in front of her house and puts the kickstand down, walking over to his girlfriend. He looks sad.

"I don't want you to go." He says simply.

"I have no choice, Andy." She says softly. She reaches out and touches his cheek, brushing away a tear.

"But you make me happy."

"You can always call me or text me."

"That's not the same."

"It's long distance."

"So?"

"So what?"

"I love you Maya."

Maya stares wide eyed at her boyfriend of three months. He had never said that up until this very moment. She wasn't sure what to say back. "I... Um..." She searches for the courage to say it back but she can't. She just can't.

Andy looks down and sighs, "That was stupid. I shouldn't have said that when you're just about to leave... I needed to though. I do love you, Maya King. You make me happier than anyone else. You've taught me how to act my age, even if I can't help but act like a five year old sometimes. You've done every possible thing there is to do in this town with me. Maya, I'll never forget you." He leans forward and places one last kiss to her cheek, "I love you." He whispers.

He turns away without another word and get on his bike. He puts the kickstand up with the toe of his shoe and turns the bike around, peddling back the way he cane.

Maya's brown eyes fill with tears and one slips down her cheek. She presses a cold, nimble hand to her cheek; the spot that Andy had kissed her last. He was an ant shape now and she whispers into the wind the words she couldn't muster up when he had been standing in front of her.

"I love you too, Andy Murray."
♠ ♠ ♠
Complete. :)