Crashing Waves

1/1

Sitting hunched over in the corner of my small cell, I stared at the wall ahead of me. It was the same wall that I’ve been surrounded by for the last twelve years. Every crack, split, and hole had been there just decaying over the years, just like the inmates in this place. I shuddered as I felt the dementors past by my cell. They seemed even happier tonight, which was always bad for me and the others here. Of course I couldn’t feel much pity for the other people here considering they were cold heartless bastards who were guilty, while I on the other hand, was innocent.

That fact alone was the only reason my sanity was still intact. Shaking my mangy hair, I took a deep breath. Sometimes if I was calm and it was quiet enough, I could hear the ocean waves pounding against the building. It was quite soothing at times and it often helped my sleep at night. Just knowing that there was a beautiful ocean that could carry me somewhere far away gave me a bright and more positive perspective.

I know that one day and I will escape from here and go far and wide. Of course I know that I must go to Hogwarts first. From all the papers and news I’ve heard muttered around this place, I knew that the man who landed me in this hell hole was at Hogwarts. I know that I’ve got to go and turn him in and then I will finally be able to walk around as a free man.

There was also the matter of my godson, Harry Potter. I haven’t seen him since that dreadful night when he was still a tiny baby. But I know that once I tell him the truth, it’ll make things better from him and me. I know that if we ever met, our lives would drastically change for the better.

Cracking my back, I moved over and lied down on the cold hard floor. I bent my knees and rocked my bony arms around them. The small action reminded me of the crashing waves and I soon fell into a blissful sleep.