Sequel: Chaos

F.E.A.R.

Two

It was a pretty average Saturday afternoon, when I heard a scream come from the backyard. The sun was out, the birds were chirping, and I was lounging on the porch swing, reading Suicide Notes. I sat up, looking towards the other end of the porch, where Sam flew past, riding a girly looking bike.

"Sam?"

"I'm being chased by my car!" he screamed over his shoulder, not slowing down.

"Sam!" I called, when I finally caught sight of him.

He glanced back over his shoulder, but said nothing.

"Sam, what the hell are you doing?"

"Behind you!" he screamed in a high pitched voice.

I looked behind me and sure enough his car was following us.

We were entering the down town area now.

The car sped up, passing me, closing in on Sam. I looked over, trying to catch a glimpse of whoever had Sam so spooked. I fully understood his fear, when I saw that there was no one in the driver's seat.

"What the actual fuck?"

The camaro was side by side with Sam.

Sam's attention was now on the car beside him instead of the sidewalk.

"Look out!"

M warning was too late. Sam hit the upraised slab of concrete full force. The bike came to a complete stop, but Sam didn't his momentum carrying him up and over the handlebars.

"Dude, are you okay?" I asked, skidding to a stop.

Sam's little stunt was witnessed by some of the twats that my brother and his friends hung out with, who all laughed at him. 'Stupid cunts,' I thought.

Mikaela was among them, which was probably pretty embarrassing for Sam. On the Brightside she wasn't laughing. She actually seemed concerned. "Oh my god! Sam?" She turned to me, looking for some kind of explanation. I just shrugged. I had nothing.

"Hi," he grunted.

"That was err... That was really awesome," Mikaela sighed.

"Well, it felt awesome." Sam coughed.

"Are you okay?" I asked again.

"I'm not okay, all right? I'm losing my mind a little bit. I'm getting chased by my car right now. I got to go." He hopped on his bike and took off again.

"God damnit!" I swore.

We raced through town, eventually reaching the underpass that served as both a dumping ground and as a homeless hotspot. It was an absolute shit hole, garbage fucking everywhere.

Sam was in front, his car behind him and me behind the car. I wasn't made for this shit.

There was a cop car patrolling the area. I, not being stupid enough to think that this was going to end well once the cops got involved, hid behind a pillar.

I watched, from my hiding place, trying to catch my breath.

Sam rode up to the cop. "Officer! Listen!"

I shook my head, yelling wasn't going to help any.

The cop shot his door open, slamming it into Sam.

I rolled my eyes. Another asshole cop, who thinks that a gun and a badge gives them the right to treat other people like shit. 'Dick head.'

"That hurt," Sam groaned. He stood up and leaned on the hood of the car. "Officer, listen. Thank god you're here. I've had the worst day ever. I've been followed here on her mother's bike. Right? And my car's right there and it's been following me here. So- so get out of the car." He smacked his hand down on the hood twice.

Demanding things of a cop was dumb. Demanding things from a cop after you explain your situation, which to any normal person makes you seem like you're either high or crazy was even dumber.

The officer hit the gas and the car lurched forward. Sam fell back, crawling back desperately as the car lurched again and again.

Sam spat and sputtered, trying to find words, but it wasn't working. He was panicking, big time. The best thing to do was to stay calm.

Then again, even I would've lost my cool, when the headlights telescoped out, the outside surrounded by spikes.

Now, I was starting to think that I was high. Had someone slipped me something? Was I hallucinating?

That was just the tip of the iceberg. The car fucking turned into a robot. Pieces of metal twisted and folded, into new shapes and parts until I stood to its full height. Based on the angry sounding revs and growls and the red eyes this thing wasn't friendly.

"SAM YOU SHIT HEAD RUN!" I screamed, riding off.

It may have seemed shitty of me to run off, but it wasn't like I could do anything. That was a big ass robot and I was an average ass teenager. At least this way I could try to get help, not that anyone would have believed me.

Sam's car pulled up and cut me off. The door shot open. I froze for a moment. Chances were that this car was another one of those things. I had no way of knowing whether or not it was good or bad. Then again I probably didn't stand a chance either way.

I ditched the bike and got into the car.

I didn't say anything, freaking the fuck out still.

The car whipped around, heading towards where Sam and Mikaela were getting up off the ground. It sped toward the robot, back end spinning out to knock it down.

I held on for dear life. "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!" I screamed.

It stopped in front of Sam and Mikaela, opening the door. I crawled into the backseat.

"Sam, what is that thing?" Mikaela asked.

"You have to get in the car. Get in," Sam said.

She was afraid. I didn't blame her. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to be afraid cause that thing was going to get back up.

"Bitch, get in the fucking car!" I barked.

"Trust me. Trust me!" Sam pleaded.

They got in and we took off, the robot transforming down into a car and chasing us.

"Go, go, go, go!"

If the robot didn't kill Sam, I was probably going to if we survived this.

"Oh my god! We're gonna die! We're gonna die!"

Mikaela too.

"We're not going to die." I had said it to shut the others up, but as the words left my mouth, I believed them. I wasn't sure, where my confidence in the car was coming from, but fuck it it was better than completely freaking out.

"Trust me he's a kick ass driver," Sam backed me up.

The second we headed towards one of the empty buildings, he did a 180.

"Oh my god! No! We're gonna die!"

"You are such a little bitch!" I shouted at Sam, as we smashed through the glass. The car run into some other shit, before spinning around. The cop was still on the camaro's ass. Fortunately for us, we caught a break, which was enough for Sam's car to create some distance.

We pulled into an electrical substation and hid.

Sam and Mikaela tried to open to door only for them to lock.

"We're locked in."

"No shit," I muttered under my breath.

Sam tried to start the car. "It won't start."

I let out another, "No shit."

"At least we ditched the monster right?"

The cruiser drove past, without noticing us. The car started again, spinning tire, before rocketing out of there. The cruiser backed up, nearly hitting us.

The Camaro stopped, flinging out Sam and Mikaela. I quickly clambered out after them.

Then like the cop car it fucking transformed. It was insane. It seemingly unfolded itself, parts expanding and collapsing, metal grinding, and gears whirling. I couldn't keep up. It was probably fifteen feet tall, when I reached its full height.

"Holy shit!" My jaw was pretty much dragging on the ground at this point.

It quickly took a defensive position. I took the hint and moved back out of the way.

The cruiser transformed and attacked, Sam's car, knocking the camaro down.

A smaller robot jumped out of the cruiser's chest as the two brawled and immediately went for Sam.

Sam was tackled by the small bot down a hill. I went to help Sam, while Mikaela ran to a small shed nearby. She came down to the bottom of the hill with an electric saw, cutting it into pieces. The head was left intact however.

Sam took care of that, punting the head as hard as he could. "Not so tough without a head are you?"

I shook my head. "Dude, we have to get your pants. Let's go."

We slowly walked closer to the place where the two bots had their fight. The obvious victor of the battle was Sam's car, who approached us.

"What is it?" Mikaela asked.

"It's a robot," Sam answered.

'Thank you captain obvious.'

"But like a different… Like a super advanced robot. It's probably Japanese. Yeah, it's definitely Japanese."

I had been under the impression that Sam wasn't a complete idiot, but I was being proven wrong more and more as time progressed.

Sam was cautious in his approach to the bot. I opted for a much more casual approach. Clearly, seeing as he hadn't killed us, this was one of the good guys.

"What are you doing?" Mikaela asked.

"I don't think it wants to hurt us. If it did, it would've done so already," I explained.

"Do you speak robot? Because-"

"Calm the hell down."

"Bianca, I think I liked you better when you were just Trent's sister," Mikaela huffed.

"That's not my damn name," I snapped. "Trent told people that so people quit mistaking us." I looked up at the robot, introducing myself. "My name's Brent."

Sam ignored our squabbling.

"I think it wants something from me, because the other one was talking about my eBay page."

"You two are the strangest people I have ever met."

"Can you talk?" Sam asked.

"XM Satellite Radio...Digital cable brings you... Columbia Broadcasting System..."

"You use the radio," I concluded."

"Thank you, you're beautiful. You're wonderful, you're wonderful." He clapped and pointed at me.

I couldn't help, but grin.

"So, what was that last night? What was that?" Sam asked.

I looked over at him. "What happened last night?"

"Message from Starfleet, captain... throughout the inanimate vastness of space... angels will rain down like visitors from heaven! Hallelujah!"

"Visitors from heaven? What? What are like an alien or something?"

He pointed at Mikaela to confirm her thoughts. He kneeled down and transformed. "Any more questions you want to ask?" the radio played. The door opened.

"Nope." I said getting into the car. I got in the back seat.

Mikaela was still hesitant. Sam had to do some convincing. While he was doing that I decided to ask a question to prevent further rudeness on my part. "So what's your name?"

"Bumblebee" he used a sound bit that was obviously from a kids' song.

"Bumblebee," I repeated. I grinned. "I should've known." If the paint job didn't make it obvious, the air freshener did.

'Bee-otch. I like it.'

Mikaela still wouldn't get in the car. I leaned up and looked out the window. "Once again I say GET IN THE FUCKING CAR!"

I sat back in the seat. It softened, and I leaned into it. The seatbelt came around and buckled me in by itself. "Thanks, Bumblebee. I knew that Sam bought and awesome car the minute you pi- You should be a tad bit less obvious next time you try to set someone up."

The car shook with what I assumed was a laugh.

Eventually Sam got through to Mikaela and she got in the car.

"Now, let's get Sam's pants."

Once Sam had his pants and Mikaela her purse, we were on the move away.

Neither Sam nor Mikael would sit in the driver's seat, both feeling awkward with Bee driving.

Sam was riding shotgun, Mikaela weirdly in the middle. She couldn't have been comfortable. I was going to remind her that there was room in the back, but Sam decided to bust out some cheesy line about seatbelts and safety, which prompted her to sit on his lap.

I got wrapped up in my own thoughts after that.

I read story after story. I spent more of my time wrapped up in fantasy worlds than reality and still, I never thought that something like this could ever actually happen, let alone to people like us, a few highschool kids from a town in the middle of nowhere Nevada.

"…piece of crap Camaro?"

I returned to the car, when I heard Mikaela.

"Hey! Bee is awesome," I defended him.

Apparently, he was insulted because he stopped and kicked those two out. He clearly wasn't mad at me, because my seatbelt didn't budge.

"Move it moron!" some guy screamed.

I threw my hand out the window, middle finger raised. "BLOW ME!"

Bee went back down the tunnel and did a u turn, which was normal enough. When he got up on two tires I was a bit concerned. "What the he- Ah shit!" my phone fell out of my beg and pegged me in the head. I grabbed it and threw it in my bag, keeping the whole thing in one place.

The interior around me changed, no longer dingy and work it was brand new with that classic new car smell.

I observed my new surroundings and realized that Bee was now a much newer model of camaro, a brand new model.

I let out a low appreciative whistle. "I was a fan before, but damn this is nice."

"Thank you. Thank you very much."

"What was that about a piece of crap camaro?" I asked, when he pulled up in front of Sam.

Sam's mind was absolutely blown.

They got in, Sam in the driver's seat and Bee took us to the observatory. It closed for renovations. Bee just drove through the fence. It was still closed for renovations. Bee just drove through the fence.

He stopped letting us out. I surveyed the area, confused as to why we were here until I saw four fire balls shoot across the sky above us.

"Whoa!"

Sam and Mikaela walked over to the one that landed nearest to us. I opted to stay where I was.

"May I?" I asked. I was starting to slouch.

"Go for it."

I perched against his hood and looked up at the sky.

"What are you… thinking… about?"

I glanced back at him.

"What the hell else is out there," I answered. "I mean..." I tried to piece it together. "I like books. People have built these massive fictional worlds full of fantasy and adventure and whatever. Magic. Dragons. Scfi. Super heroes. But none of it's real. It's all imaginary, and somehow, that makes it easy to digest.

"But you... You are real, so very really. It's fucking insane. If you exist, then what else is out there? I flip flop back and forth between acceptance and bewilderment. I can't deny that you exist. I can see you, hear you, feel you, understand you. And Sam and Mikaela can too, so it's not just some fucking fever dream. At the same time, you shouldn't exist. You're an alien, a giant metal alien. And you're sentient! We have never fucking met sentient life before. It's so difficult to grasp, but it's such a very simple concept. In simple ignorant human terms, you are a sentient alien robot that transforms into a car. But, it's so difficult to grasp. How did you get here? Where did you come from? Why are you here? How does all of this, you work? You're sentient, which is-"

"Insane?" he offered.

"Yes. Out of all the various supernatural or extraterresital shit that could happen this should be the easiest pill to swallow. What else is there? Would it even matter if we knew? Would we be able to comprehend it, believe it or would it just be too much for us?"

The car shook.

"Are you laughing at me?" I asked, realization dawning on me.

"Nooooo."

I narrowed my eyes in a glare. "Yes you are, you brat."

"It's just that... You've got a lot to learn... Doll"

"I am realizing that."

"Guys!"

My head shot towards Sam and Mikaela, who were jogging back.

"We ready?" I asked.

I patted Bee's hood and moved for the back.

Our next stop was an alley between two abandoned warehouses.

Four more vehicles pulled up, a search and rescue hummer, a Peter semi, a big ass pick up and a small sporty looking thing.

The semi, which was closest to us, let out a hiss, as it began to transform. It was entrancing watching as everything moved, purposely to its proper place, allowing the creature to take its true form. The others followed his lead.

I had thought that Bee was huge, but the semi was absolutely massive, having for be at least three stories tall.

"God damn." I spun around to look at them all.

"You shouldn't wear so much."

I shot Sam a look. "Really? All of this is going on, and you're gonna choose now to comment on my trash mouth? The fuck is wrong with you?"

"We meet alien life and you swear like a sailor. How about making a decent impression?"

"I'll make an impression mother fucker. Just you-"

The semi crouched closer to us. His eyes (?) focused on Sam.

"Are you Samuel James Witwicky, descendent of Archibald Witwicky?" he asked.

His voice was deep. I could feel his words vibrating in my chest. His ton alone radiated power and demanded respect. It was also strangely gentle and wise.

"They know your name."

'Once again with the obvious,' I thought. I looked at the others.

"Yeah."

"My name is Optimus Prime. We are autonomous robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron."

"But you can call us Autobots for short," the hummer said.

"Autobots," Sam repeated.

"Sure as hell not Japanese, Sam," I laughed.

"What's cracking, little bitches?" the silver autobot asked.

I liked him already. He did a flip and struck a thinking pose.

"My first Lieutenant. Designation Jazz," Prime spoke.

"This looks like a cool place to kick it."

"What is that? How did he learn to talk like that?" Sam asked.

"We've learned Earth's languages through the World Wide Web," Prime explained.

"That is so fucking sick." I mean how cool was that. I wished I could just download different languages to my brain. It would've made our family vacation to Cancun a whole hell of a lot easier.

"Don't swear at the robot."

"Don't tell me what to do, shit head."

"I find her amusing," the pickup said. His voice was gruff and he oozed whatever the robot equivalent of testosterone was.

"My weapons specialist, Ironhide."

He spun his cannons around and aimed them at Sam. "You feeling lucky, punk?"

"Easy, Ironhide."

"Just kidding. I just wanted to show them my cannons."

I was partially terrified, partially in shock, partially in awe. Maybe if I had just been one of those things I would've responded in a normal fashion, but instead I snorted out a laugh.

Sam and Mikaela just looked at me like I was crazy.

"I like her," Ironhide said.

"Our medical officer, Ratchet."

The autobot who had told us to call them autobots sniffed the air. "Hmm, the boy's pheromone level suggests he wants to mate with one of the females."

That caused me to straight up cackle. Sam and Mikaela were both fidgeting awkwardly.

"How do you know he wasn't talking about you? You're a girl too," Mikaela pointed out.

"Mickey, Sammy here has eye fucked you every way to Sunday."

If looks could kill I would've been dead every fucking way possible. Sam was silently fuming.

"You already know your guardian, Bumblebee."

"Check on the rep yep, second to none..." Bee jumped around like a boxer and did a few quick jabs.

"So you're our guardian, huh?" Sam asked.

Bee just made a whirl like sound. I mentally awed. It was so cute.

"His vocal processors were damaged in battle," Ratchet explained. He shot a red laser at Bee's throat causing him to cough. "I'm still working on them."

"Poor Bee," I cooed. He set his hand down for me to climb on. I looked at him questioningly. He nodded. I carefully climbed on his hand, and he raised me to his shoulder. I sat down and held on for dear life. A fifteen foot fall was not my idea of fun.

"Why are you here?" Mikaela seemed to have recovered from her earlier discomfort.

"We are here looking for the All Spark. And we must find it before Megatron."

"Mega-what?"

'Shut it Sam.'

Prime touched something on the side of his head and a hologram projected out of his eyes around Sam and Mikaela.

"Our planet was once a powerful empire, peaceful and just," Prime started. He projected the image of his planet. Just looking at it, it was clear that it was a shell of its former self. It was in ruins, bodes piled everywhere, hanging onto every surface. "Until we were betrayed by Megatron leader of the Decepticons. All who defied them were destroyed. Our war finally consumed the planet and the All Spark was lost to the stars. Megatron followed it to Earth, where Captain Witwicky found him. It was an accident that intertwined our fates."

The scene changed. We were now in the Arctic with Sam's grandfather. He was ordering his men around, when the dogs took off, beginning to dig in the snow.

"I think the dogs have found something," Witwicky said. The ice began to crack and before he could move the captain had fallen through.

"Men! We've made a discovery!" he shouted, excitedly.

He reached out to touch Megatron. A blue-ish light pulsed through the metal. A bright light was then projected from Megatron's eyes.

"He accidentally activated his navigation system. The coordinates to the cube's location on Earth were imprinted on his glasses."

"How'd you know about his glasses?" Sam asked.

"EBay," Prime replied.

I rolled my eyes. "You tried to sell your great grandfather's stuff on eBay?"

"If the Decepticons find the All Spark, they will use its power to transform Earth's machines and build a new army."

'That's lovely.'

"And the human race will be extinguished."

'That's worse.'

"Sam Witwicky, you two hold the key to Earth's survival.

"Please tell me that you have those glasses." Mikaela whispered.