Video Game Love

“Anything for my short stack of pancakes.”

Gerard was standing behind the couch with his hands on his slightly too girlish hips. He had his lips pouted out and he was staring at his boyfriend, Frank, who was sitting on the couch with his eyes glued to the television screen. Once again, Frank was playing a video game. It was only the third month in the row. Getting more and more impatient, Gerard loudly cleared his throat.

Frank didn’t seem to notice. Instead, he began pressing the X button forcefully so that his car could go faster. “Yes!” He exclaimed as he won first place in the street car competition game that he had been playing. Having some strange inclination to turn around, Frank did so and nearly jumped out his skin when he saw Gerard standing there with a grumpy look. “What?” He asked hesitantly. He knew better then to aggravate Gerard, because if he did, that meant that his boyfriend would go on a cooking strike and even refuse to walk in the kitchen. Frank always got tired of microwavable vegetarian meals, so he always tried to follow his boyfriend’s ideas, no matter how crazy they were.

“Don’t you ever get tired of playing those games?”

“Of course not.”

“They all seem stupid and childish.”

“Well obviously you haven’t played Grand Theft Auto yet,” Frank said with a nervous laugh. But as soon as he caught Gerard’s eyes, the laughter immediately ceased.

Gerard rolled his eyes and folded his arms across his chest. Even though he could never truly get mad at Frank, it was always fun to watch the younger boy sweat it out. “Whatever Frankie. And why are you still playing a Playstation? I thought those things went out of style a couple of years ago.”

“Ouch, so not true Gee. Love for a video game always remains deep in the heart,” Frank said dramatically while lightly patting his heart. “And plus I don’t have any money.” He flushed at his last statement.

Gerard instantly regretted saying anything. He knew how hard Frank worked to get extra money just so that they could make ends meet. He also knew that his art work wasn’t selling as much as he had planned. “Oh.”

“Yeah,” Frank muttered while getting up and switching off the TV. He turned around and walked over to Gerard and grabbed his hand and flashed him a smile. “So, what do you want to do now?”

Touched by the smallest of affection, Gerard felt his heart warm. “Hey Frank.”

“Yeah?”

“Have you ever thought about getting an Xbox 360 with a Kinect?”

Frank’s face brightened up and he looked like a twelve year old boy. Gerard always teased Frank on how young he looked, but Gerard was actually slightly jealous. Frank’s brown eyes widened and he was beaming. “What?!”

Gerard shrugged his shoulders. “Well, I don’t know. I just thought that maybe you would enjoy one. And plus it wouldn’t be a bad birthday present considering yours is just around the corner.”

“I would love one! And then we could get all those dancing games and you could shake your girly hips and then we could like get the Harry Potter one and be real wizards! Hell yeah, that’s awesome Gee.”

“Anything for my short stack of pancakes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's currently 3:28 AM. The things I do for Frerard. :)