Escape From Here

Liar Liar...

Matthew's POV.

"Matthew?" came a voice, disturbing me from my warm, sleepy state.

"Matthew?" came the voice again, it sounded like my brother.

"Matthew!"

"Would you fuck off!" I grumbled, pulling a pillow over my head and rolling over.

God only knows what time I turned up home last night. I had the mother of all hangovers and Nathan was not helping matters.

"Get the hell up, we have school."

"I'm not going," I pouted, my voice coming out muffled because of the pillow over my head. He grabbed my right leg and pulled, I quickly grabbed the headboard of my bed to stop him pulling me onto the floor.

"Are you naked under there?" he asked and I immediately blushed, unable to feel if I was wearing anything or not. I lifted the covers and quickly checked.

"Nah I have boxers on."

"That's alright then, I didn't wanna be scarred for life when I did..... THIS!" he cried, ripping the blanket off me and running from the room with it, leaving me cold and near enough naked.

"NATHAN! I HATE YOU!" I yelled, getting up and scratching my head. I groaned loudly and then sauntered into the bathroom to take a shower, grabbing a towel from the closet on my way past.

Once in the bathroom I locked the door, turned the shower on and pulled off my boxers. I sighed and stepped under the hot water flow, trying to remember as much of last night as I could.

A girl kept coming to my mind, a face I knew, a face I had seen around town and occasionally in school. Pandora. She was always with the popular crowd in school, why I was thinking about her I don't kno...

Shit.

It must have been a dream, I can't have... oh my god...

But I'm sorta going out with Lucy... I can't have cheated on her if we aren't even officially going out, can I?

I pushed all the thoughts from my already aching head and set about to washing my hair and body, preparing myself for the day at school.

Five minutes later I walked into mine and Nathan's room in just a towel. Nathan wasn't around, I guessed he was having breakfast, so I dropped the towel and pulled a pair of clean boxers from the drawer and pulled them on.

I quickly dressed myself in jeans and a plain black tee, then started to dry my hair off. Once it was dry I stood in front of the mirror and styled it to how I liked it, then walked from the room downstairs to find myself some headache pills and breakfast.

"Morning son," came Dad's voice from behind a newspaper.

"Morning Dad," I said, walking over to the cupboard where the aspirin was kept and opening the door.

The box was missing and Nathan had a smirk on his face.

"Where are they?" I demanded, not even turning to face him.

"Don't know what you're talking about," he said through a mouthful of toast.

"What time did you get home last night Matthew?" asked Dad, still not looking up from behind his newspaper.

"Um... Ten thirty," I lied. He lowered the newspaper.

"You know, and I know, that that is a complete lie. Where were you?"

"I was at Mateo's house," I admitted quickly, if I continued trying to lie it would only make things worse.

"Why didn't you call?"

"Forgot."

"What time did you get home?"

"I have no idea," I said honestly.

"You're grounded. Two weeks. No questions asked. Now both of you get ready and get the hell out of my sight," he said, resuming reading his newspaper.

I shot Nathan a pleading look and he sighed, handing me the box of aspirin he had stashed under the table so I wouldn't find them.

I took two tablets, downed some quick breakfast, brushed my teeth and snatched up my bag from where I had left it by the door. Nathan and I called a goodbye to Dad who was still sat in the kitchen, he grunted in response and we left for school.

***

"W-what do you mean?"

"I mean, what were you playing at last night dude? I saw you sneak upstairs with that girl," said Mateo, a sly, knowing smirk on his face. We were sat in our form room and our teacher hadn't arrived yet.

"I don't remember any of last night," I said quickly. Lie.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure, I must have been pretty wasted." Lie.

"You didn't seem that drunk to me."

"Well, I dunno, maybe I sobered up before I started hanging out with you guys?" Lie.

"I guess. So are you seeing this girl now then? What about Lucy?"

"I have no idea whats going on, I'm gonna have to see how things go today with it all."

"You are in over your head," he laughed, ruffling up my hair as our teacher walked into the room...

By lunchtime the aspirin had worn off and I was pining for my warm, comfortable bed.

"Matthew, right?" came a voice from behind me as I walked along an empty corridor, heading for my locker.

"Um... yeah... who is -" I turned around and was met with a pair of striking blue eyes. She pushed her long, blond hair out of her face and looked up at me as if studying me carefully. I felt uncomfortable under her searching, almost accusing gaze.

"You remember me?"

All too well.

"Sort of? I don't know, I was pretty drunk last night. Did something... happen?"

"Something did happen. I wasn't drunk, but for a while I'd been trying to pluck up the courage to talk to you."

"You? You can get any guy you want.. I don't think you would want to-" She put one, carefully manicured finger over my lips to stop me speaking.

"Don't tell me what I don't want Matthew. I know what I want and I got it last night, I expect to get it again too. No don't tell me you don't remember."

"I remember parts of it, I kinda thought it might have been a dream," I said, blushing slightly. She laughed and then formed her lips into this cute little smirk.

"Well I think that you should have the same dream more often," she said, taking my arm and pulling a pen from her jeans pocket. She wrote her number quickly and then put the pen away, shooting me one last suggestive glance before walking away, making sure I watched her leave. Well... watched her ass leave.

I shivered a little. Something about this girl isn't right, I mean, who acts like that?

What a slut.

I walked down to my locker and shoved my bag inside, then headed off to find my brother, Dan and Mateo.

Thankfully Lucy hadn't turned up for school today so there was no awkward confrontation... yet, but I knew when she found out about last night, there would be hell to pay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys whats up? Sorry it's been a while, I'll try and get back into updating regularly, comments keep me writing and they would be much appreciated XD