Status: Completed

Whiskey and Cigarettes

While You Beat Around the Bush

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Danny had left shortly after our, I don't know what to call it, arguement, I suppose. It was awkward. We just sat together on the couch, quietly watching Criminal Minds. I don't think either of us were really watching it, he was brushing his fingers through my hair, kissing me on the top of the head every once in awhile. He was obviously deep in thought, maybe trying to figure out how to talk to me or just trying to figure me out in general. All the while, I was just staring at the television, trying to keep from crying, trying to keep from thinking about my past. I wanted to tell him to leave, but at the same time, I liked having him hold me, keeping me company.

Later that night, I walked to the radio station in cut up blue jeans and a green Taking Back Sunday shirt. I left a half hour earlier, so that Nyx or Percy could show me around the radio station. I learned tht Nyx was not available when I arrived, but to my surprise, Percy was there early as well in hopes of meeting me.

"Percy," he grinned, sucking on his lip ring, as he stuck out his hand between us. It seemed like he was trying to play it off as a nervous habit, but I knew it was really to make the girls swoon. And it probably worked for him, too, but probably not as much as his black hair and bright blue eyes, though. The twenty-five year old was attractive, I had to admit.

"Bay," I smiled in return before he led me down a hall.

"There isn't much I can show you right now," he explained before opening the door to the control room. "This is the control room where a lot of people will be watching us from time to time. But the main person you need to know is Freddy, and he usually only shows up like two minutes before we start, but he's going to be controlling everything basically. We're just going to talk while he gets to be a nerd."

I laughed quietly to myself. I didn't really find it funny, but I didn't really know what else to do.

"And as for where we'll be at, I can't show you anything in there, because there is a show going on right now." I nodded, as he took me back down the hall way to the office I had my interview in.

We chatted for awhile, asking each other random questions about things we like and stuff, just trying to get to know each other. When our show started, I mostly stayed quiet, other than commenting on things that Percy said or things viewers called in for. I didn't feel comfortable enough to just start talking out of nowhere, sharing my past stories with the LA world, until my group of friends decided to call on speaker phone.

"WASSUP!" I heard Ben scream into the phone.

I just let out a small giggle as Percy gave a weird look, before he asked, "What's your name and where are you calling from?"

There was a small chorus of shouts, before Lux quieted everyone down, taking control over the phones. "My name is Lux, and I'm calling here from LA. We were just calling to let you know that your co-host is super foxy and one of the most fun people in the entire world."

"Give me an example," Percy smiled, watching my face turn into a grin.

"Oh! Oh! I have this one," Rex giggled, grabbing the phone from Lux. "When we were seventeen, she pretended to be a rich bitch in downtown Chicago, flaunting her beautiful hair and Chanel purse. And this bouncer, he was probably only in his twenties, thought Bay was a movie star, and let us in to this high class club where there were so many celebrities."

"In the end, we ended up hanging out with Hayden Christiansen in his pent house suite," I added.

"Whew, what a night," Rex giggled more, not giving away too much information of that night.

Lux stole the phone after this to add to the craziness that is my life. "Also, if you're ever at a party and getting hungry, but the only person to know where the pizza is located is having sex at the time, you can count on Bay to interrupt to ask where it is. You can also count on her to be ready for a drunken hike at anytime of the night."

I just let the smile play on my lips as Percy laughed at my friends. I couldn't help but notice out of all the voices I heard coming through the phone, Danny's was not one of them.

"Bye BayBay," the other six shouted my nickname. "We love you."

"Bye loves," I responded before they hung up the phone.

"So I guess we have a wild one on our hands," Percy said into the microphone, winking at me. He was really giving off this extremely cheesey, lame vibe, and I could see why they needed another co-host.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I've been meaning to thank my two commentors: xXLeaLuvsYouXx and Vengeance_foREVer. You are both beautiful! Thank you so much for the comments. I really appreciate them.

Also, I want to thank my five subscribers. :) You guys are beautiful as well.

Keep commenting and subscribing, I'm loving all this love!