Status: ON HIATUS.

You'll Never Leave My Heart.

c h a p t e r t e n .

He laughed, sitting next to me on the couch just as close as before- even though it was just me and him now. "They like you. Trust me, you'd know if they didn't," he said, leaning back and putting his arm on the back of the couch.

I turned my head to look at him. "It's just- when I went to go get my drink and Amanda came with me, she asked how long me and you had been going out. When I told her we weren't, she- I don't know, she just seemed like she wasn't crazy about me," I explained.

"She probably felt stupid," he said. "Amanda took forever to warm up to me, and she's been hanging around me quite a lot since her and Garrett started going out."

"How long have they been together?" I asked.

"Uhhhhh, I'm pretty sure they've been going out for about seven months?" he guessed. "But Garrett was excited when she yes to him. Apparently he's been obsessing over her since sixth grade."

I smiled. "That's cute," I said.

He snorted. "I thought it was creepy," he countered.

I pushed him slightly- nearly forgetting my thoughts when I felt his hard stomach. "It is cute," I said. "Garrett finally got the girl he's been wanting for years."

He chuckled. "Is somebody a hopeless romantic?" he asked.

"Not exactly," I said. "I mean, I know what's real and what's not. I'm not 'waiting for my prince' or anything like that. But I still think it's cute." He rolled his eyes and I leaned back- not failing to notice that now his arm was pretty much around me. I poked his stomach. "You're just jealous because you're bitter and alone."

He scoffed. "Not when I have you," he said, winking at me.

I laughed slightly, but looked straight because I felt my cheeks heat up a little. Why do I blush so easily? "Asher!" I heard a woman's voice with a thick accent.

"In here!" he called back.

"I'm gonna need you to- oh, who is this?" the woman asked. We both turned around. She definitely looked like Asher, so I'm guessing it was his mom. Her hair was the same brown color as his, only curly; they had the same facial structure, too. The only thing that they didn't share was Asher's eye color, his mom's eyes were a pretty hazel color.

"Mom, this is Anamae, she's my future ex-girlfriend. Anamae, my-"

"Asher!" she scolded him. "You don't introduce a lady like that. That is completely disrespectful and makes you look like a pig." I bit the inside of my cheek, trying not to laugh.

Asher rolled his eyes. "Sorry, mum. Won't happen again," he said, trying to hold back a smirk.

"Good, I taught you better than that," she said, before turning to me and smiling. "Anamae, it's nice to meet you. You have a lovely name." I shook her hand.

"Thank you, Mrs. Simmons," I said, smiling back.

"Please, call me Debra," she said. "I hate to be rude, but I need to go start cooking dinner. I insist you staying for dinner."

I looked at Asher, who shrugged. "If your parents don't mind..." he trailed.

"I don't think they will. So yes, I'll stay for dinner," I said.

She smiled at me. "When's dad getting home?" Asher asked.

"He said about half an hour- oh! That reminds me. Tomorrow your father and I are going to be working most of the day and then we're going out to eat tomorrow night." she explained.

He groaned. "How am I supposed to eat?" he asked.

She waved her hand at him. "You're 18 years old, you should know how to cook," she said, before walking into the kitchen.

"I'm so neglected around here," Asher complained, pouting.

I laughed. "Poor baby," I said.

"Did you see the way she flipped at me for calling you my future ex-girlfriend?" he asked, laughing.

I giggled. "I tried my hardest not to laugh. She was so serious!" I said.

"She was completely serious. She's all old-fashioned and doesn't like 'disrespectful' jokes. Even if I don't understand how that's disrespectful..." he trailed. "Anyway, we're going upstairs." He grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs to his room.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay my bad. i was thinking the next chapter was this chapter. soooo you guys should give me feedback because the next chapter will be asdfghjkl good :)
subscribe and comment <3