Status: ON HIATUS.

You'll Never Leave My Heart.

c h a p t e r e i g h t e e n .

“Anamae… you need to wake up.” I slowly opened my eyes, expecting bright lights to kill my eyes. But I saw Asher leaning over me and when I turned my head toward the window, it was close to dark.

“What time is it?” I asked, my words slightly slurring.

“A little passed 7,” he said.

I sat up abruptly. “I’ve been asleep that long?!” I exclaimed.

He chuckled. “Calm down,” he said. “I didn’t want to wake you up, so I just let you sleep.”

“Why?”

“You looked cute when you slept.”

I rolled my eyes but couldn’t keep the smile from forming. “Right. When did I fall asleep anyway?” I asked.

He shrugged. “I’m not sure. I went downstairs to make food and I came back up 15 minutes later to find you asleep,” he explained.

I nodded. “Well that’s great, I’ll never sleep tonight,” I said. ”Don’t blink, they won’t even miss you at all. And don’t think, that I’ll always be gone. You know I got you li-” I checked my phone, Mom. “Hello?”

“Anamae, where are you?” she asked. “I figured you’d be home by now since you’ve got school tomorrow.”

“I’m over Asher’s, I’ll be leaving soon,” I said. I was about to tell her I was leaving after I got my clothes, but that would sound bad and I don’t feel like going through any lectures.

“You’re over a boy’s house?” she asked. “Are his parents home?”

I rolled his eyes. “Mom, I’ll be home in about 20 minutes. Bye, love you,” I said before hanging up. “I’ve gotta get my stuff, my mom is being dumb.”

“Alright, I’ll go get your clothes so you can change,” he said, walking toward the door.

“Wait, can I just wear your clothes and I can bring them back to you tomorrow?” I asked. “I really don’t feel like changing.”

He chuckled. “Yeah, that’s fine,” he said. I smiled at him and grabbed my shoes, following him downstairs.

“Your parents still aren’t home?” I asked, looking out the window.

“The won’t be home for a couple more hours!” he called from the laundry room. I nodded, not caring that he couldn’t see me. A couple minutes later he walked out with a plastic Food Lion bag, handing it to me.

“Thanks,” I said. I grabbed my car keys off of the kitchen table. “I guess I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Um- yeah. You will,” he said. He chewed on his bottom lip, looking like he wanted to say something. But when he didn’t say anything, I just nodded and walked toward the door. “I don’t get a hug?”

I chuckled before giving him a hug tightly. I inhaled his scent and couldn’t help but grin. As I pulled away, the kiss from earlier flashed in my mind. Where did this leave us? He never actually said anything about dating. Brushing it off, I turned back around and opened the door, cold air quickly hitting me. “I’ll see you tomorrow,” I said, before hurrying to my car. I had my hand on the door handle when Asher called my name. “What?”

“Go on a date with me.” It sounded more like a demand, but I wasn’t sure if I had heard right altogether.

“What?” I asked, my heart pounding in my chest.

“Go on a date with me,” he repeated a little louder.

“Um, sure. When?” I asked.

I saw him grin. “We’ll figure it out tomorrow,” he said. “drive safe!” Then he shut the door. Slightly confused, I drove home in a daze.

Image

When Monday morning came, I felt like I needed to look good for school. I knew it was because Asher had asked me out on a date and I couldn’t deny the giddy feeling it gave me. When I got home last night the knowledge that I would be going out on a date with Asher set in and I’ve felt like I was going on my first date all over again.

I went through all my clothes, settling on a pair of denim jeans and a long sleeved white and grey striped v-neck shirt. I straightened my hair, making sure no part was left wavy and I carefully did my makeup. I looked at myself in the mirror- I didn’t look as good as I was aiming for, but it’ll have to do.

Don’t blink, they won’t even miss you at all. And don’t think, that I’ll always be gone. You know I- “Hello?” I asked.

“Why do you sound out of breath?” Aarica asked.

“I ran to get my phone,” I said, holding my phone between my cheek and shoulder so I could slip on my shoes.

“Oh,” she said. “well where are you? It’s almost 7.”

“Really?” I asked, surprised when I saw my clock read 6:58. “I lost track of time I guess. Be there in 5 minutes.”

“Kay, see you then. Love you,” she said, before hanging up. I shoved my phone in my pocket then grabbed my book bag and left.

“Why are you late? You’re usually early,” she said.

“I lost track of time, I told you,” I said.

She eyed me suspiciously. “You never lose track of time…” she trailed. “Let me guess; you stayed at Asher’s house last night and you fucked and you stayed at his house and overslept?”

“Yep, you’ve got it figured out,” I told her sarcastically.

“I knew it.” she said.

“Anyway,” I said, rolling my eyes. “he asked me out on a date.” I stopped outside of Cameron’s house.

“When?” she asked, reaching over and honking the horn.

“Don’t do that! Cameron said his dad gets pissed whenever we honk the horn.” I told her.

“Exactly why I did it. Anyway, when is the date?” she asked.

“I told you my dad hates when you honk the horn!” Cameron exclaimed, opening the back door.

“It was Aarica!” I defended.

He rolled his eyes, slamming the door. “I should’ve figured,” he said.

“Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?” she asked. He just rolled his eyes.

“Fuck you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
this is... not very exciting. haha. but anyway, comments are lovely!