Status: ON HIATUS.

You'll Never Leave My Heart.

c h a p t e r t w e n t y - o n e .

“I didn’t actually think that you were using me to get to Aarica,” I told Asher for the hundredth time as we walked to the cafeteria. Aarica just snickered as she trailed behind us, and I shot her a glare.

“Mhm, right. Of course not,” Asher smirked.

“Ugh, I hate you both,” I said.

“Fine, I guess no date then tonight, huh?” he asked me, still smirking.

“I don’t care,” I lied.

He laughed. “I have to go find Garrett, I’ll see you later,” he said, kissing me quickly before walking off.

“I hope you know I’m probably never going to live that down,” I told Aarica as I set my stuff on our lunch table.

She shrugged, dropping hers loudly. “Oh well. You come up with the most ridiculous things, anyway,” she said

“Well- I hate you.”

“Great comeback. Hey, can I stay at your house tonight? I don’t feel like being home. My mom is going to try to good turkey.”

“I thought you liked turkey?”

“Last time my mom cooked turkey we had a burnt kitchen for two months.”

“Right,” I said, chuckling as I remembered. “I don’t care. But my mom’s home.”

“For how long?” she asked.

“No idea.”

“Hey, guys,” Cameron said, holding hands with Maci.

“Hey.” Aarica and I said in unison.

“What’s up?” he asked, as him and Maci sat down.

“Anamae just got done freaking out,” Aarica answered.

I rolled my eyes. “I wasn’t freaking out!” I half-lied. So maybe I was. A little bit.

“Did I miss something…?” he asked.

“She was freaking out about her date with Asher tonight,” she explained. “I mean, it wasn’t quite as bad as she was when you two went on your first date, but it was still amusing.”

I bit my tongue when she mentioned something about me and Cameron dating. Maci was real cool, but I’ve learned not to bring up anything about me and Cameron’s past around any of his new girlfriends. They get jealous and hate me and I usually feel responsible for the end of that relationship.

“You two dated?” Maci asked. She didn’t sound mad or jealous, just surprised.

“Um, yeah,” Cameron said. It was never insanely awkward whenever it was brought up that we dated- it was a mutual decision to end it- but it was slightly awkward whenever it got brought up around Cameron’s current girlfriend of the time.

“It was nothing serious, though,” I quickly added. Okay, so maybe that was a lie. Oh well.

“I never would’ve guessed,” she said, chuckling.

I laughed awkwardly, quickly changing the topic.

Image

“Aarica-“

“Yes, your hair looks good. No, you do not look fat. And no, those jeans don’t make your feet look big,” she cut me off, as she laid on my bed flipping through a magazine.

I narrowed my eyes at her. “I was going to ask what time it was, but thanks for the compliments,” I said.

“Hey, it’s not my fault you ask that before every single date you go on,” she said, shrugging. “and it’s 5:53.”

I let out a sigh of relief, dropping to the end of the bed. “I thought I was running late,” I said, laying back.

“Anamae, honey! You have company!” I heard my mom call up the stairs.

“I’ll see you when I get home. Please, do not wreck my room.” I told Aarica.

“Do I ever?”

“Let me repeat. Please, do not wreck my room,” I told her again, before walking downstairs. I saw Asher standing right next to the door, while my mom was nowhere to be seen. “Hey.”

“Hi,” he said, grinning at me. “ready to go?”

“Yeah,” I said, as he opened the door for me. “I’ll be back later mom!”

“Bye!” she called and I walked out. As soon as I stepped out, I realized something.

“You don’t have a car,” I said, turning to look at him.

He got a surprised look on his face and looked around frantically. “Oh my- you’re right! Where’d it go?!” he asked, before chuckling.

“You’re an asshole,” I said, laughing. “I was just wondering how you got here.”

“I got dropped off,” he said, shrugging.

“Did you want me to bring my keys or?” I asked.

“That would be rude, we’re obviously walking,” he said.

I laughed. “Alright, so how are you getting home?” I asked.

“My amazing date is going to give me a ride home,” he told me, grinning as he grabbed my hand.

I laughed. “Only if the date goes well,” I teased.

“Trust me, it will,” he assured me.
♠ ♠ ♠
omgomgomgomg. guise. i am sooooo sorry. if only you guys knew how busy i've been. but that's barely an excuse.
shitty chapter, i know. but i was going to put the date in this one, but it would've gotten long. but i can promise to try my best to get the next one out soon. patience, guys! and i love you <3