Status: ON HIATUS.

You'll Never Leave My Heart.

c h a p t e r t h r e e .

I’d just explained what I wanted and I was waiting for the guy to draw it out. His name was Andy and he was tattooed from neck to toe. He looked scary but he seemed like he was a nice guy. We got Cameron’s dad to meet us down here and he signed then left. Cameron came by yesterday and made an appointment, so he was already getting his tattoo done.

The door opened and I automatically looked to see who it was. “Have you been helped?” he asked. He had a British accent.

“Um, yeah. Andy’s helping me,”’ I answered.

He nodded. “Wait, you’re the girl I ran into yesterday at lunch,” he said, chuckling.

I didn’t get a good look at him then, but now I know why Aarica told me I should’ve looked. He was nothing below gorgeous, if that could even explain him. He was tall- especially compared to my 5’3” self. He had brown hair that fell just above his left eye. And his eyes were the prettiest shade of blue I’d ever seen; they were practically glowing due to his tanned skin. His accent was definitely a plus. “Yeah, I guess I am,” I said, chuckling.

He took a seat next to me on the leather couch. “I’m Asher,” he introduced himself, holding out his hand.

“Anamae,” I said, shaking his hand.

“Anamae?” he repeated grinning. “Cute name.”

I swear I could’ve died from the cuteness of his smile. I felt myself blush. “Thanks,” I said.

He just grinned wider. “So, are you getting something, or?” he asked.

“Yeah, a tattoo,” I said.

He raised an eyebrow. “How old are you again?” he asked.

“Seventeen,” I answered.

“You’re kidding,” he said, laughing. “I could’ve sworn you were about fifteen.”

“I get that a lot,” I said, laughing. “do you work here?” He nodded. “Then how are you still in high school also?”

He laughed. “I’m eighteen, but when I moved to America they put me a grade behind. I can’t remember why though,” he explained.

“That blows,” I said.

“Eh, I’m dealing with it,” he said. “so what are you getting?”

“I’m getting an anchor right here,” I said, pointing to the spot below my collarbone.

He nodded. “Nice,” he said. “you came here by yourself?”

“Not exactly. I came with my friend Cameron but he’s getting a tattoo also. He called early so he is getting his done sooner,” I explained.

“Getting a tattoo alone? Sounds fun,” he said sarcastically.

“It can’t be that bad,” I said.

“Have you ever gotten a tattoo before?” he asked.

“No.”

“Me neither, but I heard it gets boring just laying there while you’re getting it,” he said, shrugging.

Image

The rest of my wait Asher and I just talked. We talked stuff varying from where we grew up to our favorite music. It was about a half an hour later when Andy called my name. “Anamae Harrison?” he said from the counter.

“Yes?” I replied.

“You ready?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I said, smiling. I turned to Asher. “I was wondering- I mean, you don’t have to if you don’t wanna- but I was kind of hoping, so I won’t be bored or anything while I’m getting my tattoo, if you could maybe, I don’t know-“

“I’ll sit in there while you get your tattoo, Anamae,” he answered, chuckling slightly. I felt my face heat up due to embarrassment.

“Thanks,” I said, laughing shyly. Asher and I followed Andy to one of the rooms in the back where they did tattoos. Asher took a seat in a spinney chair and Andy told me to sit in the chair that leaned back.

“Are you comfortable with taking your shirt off?” Andy asked. “It makes it easier, and you could just lay your shirt over yourself if it helps.”

“Umm, yeah,” I said.

“Here, I’ll go get my jacket. You can lie that over you since it’s bigger,” Asher suggested. I agreed and thanked him. He returned with a navy blue hoodie. They turned around while I took off my shirt and laid down, laying the hoodie over me.

Andy set everything up while Asher and I started our conversation again. I was so engrossed in the conversation that I barely realized that he had started the tattoo.

"I can't believe I've had two classes with you all year and you've never noticed me," Asher said, feigning hurt.

"I'm sorry! I don't know how I haven't noticed you until now," I said, laughing but trying to stay as still as possible.

"How could you not notice my sexy self?" he said. "Can't forget about my amazing arse though."

I laughed, biting my lip from laughing too much. "Arse. That sounds funny," I said.

"What else should I say? Oh, sorry. My amazing ass," he corrected himself. I guess it was his accent or something, but him saying ass just sounded weird.

"When you say ass it sounds funny. Stick to saying arse," I said.

He scrunched his nose. "You say it weirdly," he said.

I laughed, before hissing when Andy got to a spot where it hurts. "Ow," I mumbled.

"You alright?" Asher asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, it just hurts a little," I said, wincing due to the fact he was still at that spot.

Asher grabbed my hand. "Just squeeze my hand whenever it hurts," he said.

"Thanks, my knight-in-shining-armor," I said sarcastically, before squeezing his hand at the pain.
♠ ♠ ♠
four comments & 31 subscribers. i love you guys ♥
remember, this is pretty much written from beginning to end, so all i need is motivation to post. hinthint :)
comment & subscribe please!