Status: ON HIATUS.

You'll Never Leave My Heart.

c h a p t e r s i x .

Fourth period came around and I was actually kind of excited to go. I can’t remember once ever in my life I was excited to go to history class. Ever. I walked in and saw Asher already in his seat and writing in a notebook. Deciding to be bold, I walked over and sat in the desk next to him.

“Saw me this time?” Asher said, smirking as he shut his notebook.

“Lucky you,” I teased him.

“Guess so,” he said, winking at me. “I think you’re the one who can’t get enough of me.”

“It’s weird, we haven’t even known each other for twenty-four hours and yet you know me so well,” I told him sarcastically.

“You’re the one who sat next to me,” he pointed out.

“Right, right,” I said. I saw Aarica walk in and look at me slightly confused since I wasn’t in my usual seat. But she smirked when she saw Asher and she walked over and took the seat in front of me. “Aarica, this is Asher. Asher, Aarica.” They exchanged hellos, but before the conversation could get any further, the bell rang. Mrs. A didn’t waste time talking to us about some war.

I was zoning out when I saw a piece of paper land on my desk. I unfolded it.

Image

I smiled to myself and wrote back, before throwing it on his desk.

Image

He wrote back.

Image

It made me smile how forward he was.

Image

He only took a couple seconds to write back.

Image

I gave him a confused look, which he only returned with a wink. I smiled, putting the paper in my back pocket.

Image

“That was a boring lesson,” Asher complained as we walked out.

“Like you were paying attention,” I snorted.

“Did you just snort?” he asked, trying to hide a smile.

“Yes, I did. Problem?” I asked with a grin.

He held his hands up in defense. “Not at all,” he said.

“Asher, have you seen- oh, who’s this?” A guy came running up to him, stopping when he saw me. I saw Asher give him a look.

“My future ex-girlfriend, Anamae,” he introduced. “what did you want?”

“Have you seen Amanda?” he asked.

“No… she’s your girlfriend,” Asher answered, like it was the most obvious thing ever.

He rolled his eyes. “Thanks Captain Obvious,” he said. “I’ll meet you in the cafeteria. Nice meeting you, Anamae.”

I waved as he walked away. “Future ex-girlfriend, huh?” I asked.

“Yep,” he said, smirking.

“Shit- I forgot about Aarica,” I said, remembering I didn’t wait up for her. He laughed. “This isn’t funny! What if she kills me?”

“Hopefully she doesn’t before you get to use my number,” he said, smirking at me. “I’ll see you later.”

“Bye,” I said, watching him walk off before going to Aarica’s locker. She was closing her locker when I got to her.

“You and Asher would be so cute together,” she said, not even mentioning that I forgot about her.

I blushed. “Shut up,” I said.

“You’re blushing!” she teased me as we walked to the cafeteria. “What did you guys talk about?”

I shrugged. “Nothing really. He gave me his number though,” I said, not being able to hide my smile.

“Aw, he’s so into you,” she said.

“What? No, he’s not. I can be friends with guys without feelings,” I said.

“Mhm, sure,” she said, seeming unconvinced.

"I'm friends with Cameron!" I argued.

"Yes, but you two used to have crazy feelings for each other for like, two years," she said. I just rolled my eyes as we got to our usual table, where Cameron was already sitting and Maci was with him. We talked as we waited for the lunch line to die down. “So, are you guys coming over my house after school?” I asked.

“Actually, I’m hanging out with Maci,” Cameron said. Maci had forgotten her lunch money in her locker. Cameron offered to pay, but she politely declined.

“They’re gonna have hot sex,” Aarica said.

“Jealous?” he asked.

“You wish,” she said.

“Now that I know Cameron’s leaving me for a girl,” I frowned, turning to Aarica. “you’ll be hanging out with me, right?”

“Actually, I have a doctor’s appointment like, right after school. So that’s a no,” she said. I groaned.

“The almighty Anamae might have to be all alone because she has no other friends!” Cameron teased.

“Fuck you,” I said.

“She’s always got Asher,” Aarica pointed out.

“What? No, that’s awkward,” I said.

“Fine then, be bored,” she said.

“I will,” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
i decided the notes would be cuter looking that way, instead of just italics. thanks for all the feedback so far, even though it's just a little. i seriously appreciate it!
four comments and i'll update, yeah? :)
comment and subscribe!