Status: ON HIATUS.

You'll Never Leave My Heart.

c h a p t e r e i g h t .

“No, no, no, no and no,” I told Asher.

“Come on, Anamae!” he begged. “What are you so scared of?”

“Okay, let’s give you a little history lesson on Anamae Harrison, yeah?” I started. “So, when I was eleven years old, I was roller skating up and down my driveway. I fell and broke my arm. I was thirteen when I broke that same arm falling off my bike trying to avoid a squirrel. I haven’t rode a bike or touched roller skates since then. Now why would I get on a skateboard when my balance is nonexistent?”

He laughed. “You seriously haven’t ridden a bike or roller skated that long?” I nodded. “Okay, but now you have me- who is a complete pro at skateboarding and I will be right next to you the entire time.”

“Are you trying to kill me?” I asked. “My friend Cameron has been trying to convince me to let him teach me to skateboard since freshman year; why would I let you?”

“Because I’m sexy and have an accent,” he stated with a smirk. The tone of his voice showed me that he wasn't actually as cocky as he sounded but the confidence he had amazed me and made it so easy to be comfortable around him for some reason.

“Oh? You seem pretty sure about that statement,” I countered.

“Well, it’s a fact I have an accent- then again, it’s a fact that I’m sexy as well,” he said, grinning.

I thought it over. “Promise I won’t get hurt?” I asked, sticking my pinky out.

His grin widened. “Not if I can help it.” He hooked his pinky around mine.

“Alright,” I said, giving in. I could feel an automatic connection between me and him- ever since the first conversation I had with him at the tattoo parlor. Something about him just screamed that I was able to trust him and he was an all around good person- I could mostly tell that just by talking to him though. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I know everything about him or that I would die for him. It’s more like the vibe he gives off- a rather good one, at that.

“Anamae?” His voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

“Oh, sorry. I was zoning out,” I said, feeling myself slightly blush.

He chuckled. “You’re fine,” he said. “I was just wondering if you were ready?”

I scoffed. “As ready as I’ll ever be to die.”

He laughed. “Alright, so stand on the skateboard,” he said.

“I’m gonna fall as soon as I get on it!” I said.

“Don’t worry, I got you,” he said, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach. Ignoring them, I stepped on the skateboard with one foot and as I brought the second foot up, I felt myself slip. I expected the impact of the concrete; instead I was steadied by Asher’s hands on my waist. “you alright?”

I took a deep breath. “Yeah- yeah, I’m fine. Thanks for that,” I told him. I wasn’t looking at him, but I could imagine the smile on his face.

“I promised you wouldn’t get hurt, right?” he said. I just smiled and nodded, carefully listening to the rest of his instructions.

Image

“That wasn’t so bad, was it?” Asher asked as we were driving back to his house.

“Besides the fact my ass still kind of hurts, no. It was actually pretty entertaining,” I admitted.

“You only fell once, though,” he pointed out.

“You’re right, so thank you kind sir,” I said, trying to have a British accent.

He laughed. “That was a fail.” I pouted. “Aww, sweetie. You’ll get over it.”

“Jerk,” I said, pulling into his driveway.

He chuckled. “Do you want to hang out here for a little bit?” he asked. “I mean, you don’t have to if you don’t want to. Just a suggestion.”

I heard the slight nervousness in his voice. It made me smile and gave me a bit of confidence. “Yeah, sure,” I said, turning Hannah off. I followed him inside, looking around as I did so.

“Sorry, my house is… plain,” he said sheepishly.

“No, I like it,” I said, honestly. He probably had one of the cutest houses I’d ever seen. It wasn’t small enough to be cramped, but it also wasn’t big enough to feel like you’re lost in it.

He smiled at me. “You hungry or thirsty or something?” he asked.

"A drink would be fine," I said, following him into the kitchen. I sat at the kitchen table and watched him as he opened the fridge, looking through it.

"I have... water, Coke, Pepsi, Gaterade and... my mum needs to go shopping, so that's it," he said, chuckling.

I smiled. "Water's fine," I said. He took out a water and a orange Gaterade and walked over, handing the water to me. His phone vibrated on the table and he picked it up, looking at it.

"Is is alright if a few of my friends came over?" he asked.

"Um, yeah. Sure," I said. I was a pretty social person- but only when I was around Aarica or Cameron. I could keep a pretty good conversation if it's just me and somebody I just met or was just barely a friend. But I felt extremely awkward whenever there was a group of people and I only knew one or two people. I wasn't going to ruin Asher's time with his friends though; I'd feel rude.

And I'd much rather feel awkward than rude.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know, not much. but the next few chapters, things get gooood ;)
thank you, so much iWearConverse , dreamgirl13 , LoveYou2 , As Above_So Below , b3stfriend4lif3 & Shadow14 . you guys are such great commenters ♥
comment and subscribe!
18 comments & 19 subscribers, make the numbers higher? :)