Status: Active with comments...

Saturate

10- No Games

During the last month of school, everything between Ben and AJ seemed to be patched up. Everything seemed to be going so smoothly, and of course, it couldn't stay that way.

Ben was walking home since AJ had to stay after school. He made his way towards the front door and something didn't feel right. He opened the door slowly and didn't see anyone there.

He sighed, as he closed the door softly behind him. "Mom, I'm home." He said.

There was no response. So she probably wasn't home. Ben went up to his room which now looked more like a room. He had a couple of Smashing Pumkins on the wall along with some pictures that Jane had drawn for him. He sat down on his bed and extracted his notebook from his back pack.

He was in the middle of writing an essay when he thought that he had heard a knock on the door. He went downstairs and seen AJ standing outside, so he opened the door. "I'm not buying what your selling." He said referring to her tan shirt and brown skirt.

"I'm not selling anything, I'm giving it away." Said AJ as she walked up to him and kissed him softly.

"Come on in, I'm just working on my essay." Said Ben as he took her hand and led her to his room.

"Good. I just finished mine." AJ sat next to Ben and began reading over his shoulder.

"So what do you think?"

AJ moved a bit, "I think that I might have to do mine all over again so that way I don't look bad."

Ben smiled and shoved her, "It's not that good."

"Says you. I think that the teacher might use this as an example."

"Whatever." Said Ben as he closed his notebook.

"So why did you have to stay after?"

"I had to finish another exam for science that I had missed." Said AJ with a sigh.

"Oh, well my mom should be coming home anytime soon. So what are we going to do?"

"I think that we should wait for her downstairs." Said AJ as she pulled Ben along with her.

"Well since we're down here, why don't we watch a movie?" Said Ben as he looked at the collection of movies in the bookshelf.

"Alright, but I've gotta get home when it ends. My mom's going to be home earlier this time." Said AJ.

Ben smiled as he pulled out Wizard Of Oz.

"You like that one don't you?"

"Maybe." Said Ben with a sly smile on his face.

AJ shook her head when Ben sat down on the couch with her. She leaned her head against his shoulder as he put his arm around her. When the movie ended it was close to seven o'clock.

AJ looked at Ben, "Well I've got to go but I'll call you later. Alright?"

"Alright. I love you."

"I love you too." AJ kissed Ben as she made her way home. She entered her house which was dark because no one came home yet. She turned on the porch light and made her way to her room. She quickly changed into a pair of pants and went down to the kitchen. She was going to cook dinner for her parents.

Ben was sitting in the living room staring at the blank television when he heard his mother pull up. He went outside since she was honking. "What is it Mom?" He asked with concern.

"Ben, we need to go now!" She screamed frantically as she pulled him outside forcefully.

"Why?" He asked as he quickly got into the passenger side.

"You're father just got the divorce papers and he's coming back. He said that he wants to talk." She said quickly as she began to pull out of the driveway quickly. She turned back on the road and started going faster to get to the highway.

"Mom, you might want to slow down." Said Ben.

"No, he's behind us." She said as her voice shook.

Ben looked back and seen his father still driving the truck. "Mom, scoot over this side." Said Ben as he reached to take over the car.

She undid her seatbelt and moved with agility over to the other side as Ben took hold of the wheel. Ben began weaving in between the other cars trying desperately to get away from his father.

Luckily his mother kept the bug, it was much smaller and easier to manuvere. He began snaking his way through traffic going faster and faster trying to loose his father. But some how his father managed to speed up and he was right behind them.

Ben put on his seatbelt and seen that his mother did the same. He held her hand, "I'm so sorry about this."

She nodded for she knew that it was going to happen either way. Ben slammed on the breaks causing his father to slam into them. The car lurched forward and began rolling in the field next to the highway. The truck rolled the most and fell against a tree. The bug landed up right.

Ben looked over at his mother, "Are you okay mom?"

"I'm fine, I just have a bit of bruising from the belt, but I'll be fine."

Ben nodded as he tried to open the door. He had to slam his shoulder into it before it swung open. He ran over to the truck and seen his father struggling to crawl out of the burning wreckage. He pulled him out and laid him on the grass.

Ben looked at his father in the eye, "We're done with this game. And I win."

His father laid there gasping for breath looking back at his son. He put his head back and closed his eyes.

Ben allowed himself to smile before the ambulance got there. Ben didn't realize everything that was about to happen right then and there. No one didn't think that his father would actually live through it, and when he did he told the authorities lies. He said that Ben's mother was a drug addict and a whore. The state took over and had Ben sent to a group home in California.

Ben was angry, he swore the next time that he saw his father that he was going to get revenge. As of now Ben was on a train with a couple of suitcases and his guitar being sent off to San Francisco. He had his hand half covering his mouth as he watched his home disappear into the blur of colors whizzing by. He shut his eyes and allowed a tear to fall as he thought about Jane.

She was there for him. She came to court to testify against his father. But the bailiffs just had her escorted out. She wasn't allowed to talk to him while he was in Wilkes-Barre, unless it was in school. Everything that he had was ripped from him.

He sighed heavily as he tried to lay down on the lumpy bunk. He knew that while he was on there he wouldn't be able to sleep. He just laid there watching colors of the scenery blend into each other and the moon followed behind steadily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Complaints? Thanks for reading.