Status: Active with comments...

Saturate

03- Polyamorous

Image


AJ woke up early as usual to help her mother out. She sat up and then laid down again. Her downtown area was still sore. She grinned as she looked over at Ben. She sighed and got up then made her way downstairs.

She entered the kitchen and began making breakfast. She was finishing the eggs when she heard someone come into the kitchen. She turned and saw that it was her mother.

"I see that you brought Ben home." Her mother said with a grin as she grabbed her favorite mug from the cabinet.

"Yeah, he didn't seem too excited about going home, so I let him stay here." Said AJ.

"It's fine. Just let him know that he's welcome here whenever." Julie said as she kissed AJ on top of her head.

"I will." Said AJ as she shoveled the eggs into the plates.

Her mother grabbed the coffee pot as she filled her mug, "So what's going on between you two?"

"Nothing. I just met him yesterday, so there's not much to tell." AJ said with a shrug as she smiled at her mother.

Her mother smiled, "Well I 'm glad that he knows someone like you." She said as she rubbed AJ's cheek.

AJ rolled her eyes, "I'm going to go get ready for school."

"Alright. I can handle it from here." Julie said as she took over finishing the breakfast.

AJ then headed back upstairs, she stopped momentarily when she stubbed her toe. She bent down and rubbed it. She silently cursed herself as she continued onto her room. Ben was still asleep when she entered her room. He looked so peaceful.

She smiled and went over to her closet to get some clothes. She found a black tank top and some jeans with a couple of holes on the legs. She turned and she seen that Ben was moving around like he was going to wake up.

"Good morning." She said cheerfully.

He looked at her, "Good morning."

"There's breakfast downstairs and I'm going to take a shower." She said awkwardly.

Ben nodded, "Alright. So about last night..."

AJ stopped and turned, "Last night..."

Ben got up and walked towards her, "Look, I know that after what happened last night might make you, and me, feel uncomfortable around each other because well... We don't know much about each other. So... How about we try to get to know each other?" Asked Ben as he scratched his head.

AJ smiled up at him, "I would like that."

"Really?" Ben said in shock.

"Yeah. I mean, what more could I ask for? You play the guitar, write songs..."

"Great. Well, I'm going to get ready." Said Ben as he let out a sigh of relief.

"Yeah, me too." Said AJ as she began heading out to the bathroom again.

Over the next few weeks everyone was talking about them. Mainly because no one thought that AJ would ever get a boyfriend.

AJ was happy with Ben and he was happy with her. AJ found Ben looking inside his locker so she started walking towards him. Shelly walked up to him first.

She had been talking to Ben a lot more recently and he considered her as a friend. AJ was dragged from her thoughts when Raquel pulled her aside.

"What do you want Raquel?" AJ asked as she opened up her locker.

"I want to know something." Raquel stated with a grin.

"What?" AJ asked as she shoved her book in her locker and slammed it shut.

"Did you sleep with Ben?" She asked in a quiet tone.

"What? Why would it matter?" AJ asked rather loudly as she hitched her bag up higher on her shoulder.

"It's just something that's going around the school. I heard about it in the locker rooms a while ago, and they were saying that you were a slut. I don't know, but something's going on and I don't like the looks of it." Raquel reassured her as she walked beside AJ.

AJ looked over at Ben who was still talking to Shelly. Shelly had a huge smile plastered on her face as she flipped her long blond hair over her shoulder.

"I think that this school is bored with the popular people and they just decided to make me a victim in this whole drama thing." Said AJ with a sigh.

Raquel looked over, "Wow. What's going on here?"

"Nothing. She's just a friend." AJ said dismissively.

"No, no. She's not friends with guys unless she wants..." Raquel stopped as her mouth dropped in shock.

AJ looked at Raquel weird and then looked over at Ben. Shelly had him practically against the wall as she was kissing him.

"I'm going outside." Said AJ quietly.

Ben looked over just as she began to turn and head out of the building. She didn't go far, she just leaned against a tree out in the quad. She sat down and began picking at the grass. She wasn't mad at Ben, but she had to leave before she beat the shit out of Shelly for even trying to kiss him. The bell rang and she decided to get up and go to her next class.

She entered her Geometry class and she sat at a back table with Aaron on one side and Raquel on the other.

"Don't worry about what happened earlier. I told Ben off for you." Said Raquel.

"You did what?" AJ exclaimed as she slammed her book on her desk more loudly than she had anticipated.

"Calm down, I told him that he shouldn't be doing stuff like that to my friends." Said Aaron.

AJ groaned, "You guys... I love you to death, but you guys didn't need to do that. I'm not mad at Ben, if anything you guys should have beat the shit out of Shelly."

"Well, we're planning that for next time." Said Raquel as she pulled out her math book.

AJ opened her notebook to a clean page and wrote down the problems from the board. Math class went by relatively fast, which is odd because it's the last class of the day and usually takes forever to end.

The bells resonated through the dead air, signifying the end of school. AJ jumped up and tried to find Ben. After about ten minutes of searching she couldn't find him, so she decided to walk home.

Rain was in the air with the dark clouds occasionally letting the sun shine through. She felt dizzy as she began walking towards her house. It was about a half an hour walk from the school. She put a hand over her forehead and closed her eyes for a moment. She opened them again and sighed.

It was dark as hell again. Thunder clapped and the rain began falling. AJ pulled her jacket tighter around her as she put her arms across her chest. It was cold rain which meant that snow season wasn't too far away. She didn't notice that she had began walking out into the road.

She looked up and seen headlights coming her way, she froze. Someone ran and pushed her out of the way just in time. She felt her head slam against the cold cement as she felt someone on top of her.

"What were you doing?" Asked Ben as he sat up and held her in his arms.

"I was just going home. I don't feel so good." She said as she put her arms around him.

"I'm sorry about Shelly..." Ben started as he pushed some hair from her face.

"Don't worry about it. I'm not mad at you. I know that it didn't mean anything. But she should watch out because no one messes with my Ben." Said AJ as she poked his nose.

Ben smiled, "How did you know?"

"I know that you wouldn't do something like that. Believe it or not, I know more than you think." AJ said as she tapped her forehead.

Ben smiled and tried to smooth out her hair in the back. He looked at his hand and seen blood, "Well, I guess that you didn't know that you're bleeding. Come on, we need to get you out of the rain." Ben got up and helped her up.

"Alright." Said AJ as she grabbed his hand and they began walking to her house. "Beside, I think that I'm better off bleeding than dead in the street." Said AJ.

Ben smiled at her, "I think so too."

AJ opened the door and walked into the house. No one was home, so she walked up the stairs to the bathroom.

"Here, I'll fix you up." Said Ben as he helped her sit on the counter.

She had a small cut on the back of her head, but it wasn't noticeable. Well, not as much as the scrape on her cheek. Ben put some neosporin on the scrape.

"Well I guess that's my worst side." Said AJ as she looked at herself in the mirror.

"I'd say that your worst side is your best side." Said Ben as he leaned closer to her.

AJ chuckled as she felt his lips brush against hers. "You're so sweet." Said AJ finally.

"But it's true. No one makes me feel the way that you do." Said Ben as he put his hand on her thigh.

AJ put a hand on his hand. "I love you." Said AJ as she stared into his light brown eyes.

His eyes lit up, "I love you too."

AJ pulled him closer as she kissed him. Ben pulled away after sometime and looked down at his watch. "I have to go. Sorry."

"It's fine. Just call me when you can." Said AJ as she hopped down from the counter.

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow." Said Ben as he kissed her once more.

AJ sighed as she heard him go out the door. She went into her room and grabbed some clothes from her closet. She headed back to the bathroom to take a shower.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it? Hate it? Comment. Thank you for reading!