Status: Active with comments...

Saturate

07- Water

Image


Ben began writing some more songs when he got home. He stopped and stretched when he felt like his eyes were burning. He sighed as he shoved his notebook in his bag. He seen a picture of AJ from when they were in Berlin.

They used to be so happy together. He didn't want her to experience what he had to endure on a near nightly basis, so he let her go. Ben then went to bed as he placed the photograph on his nightstand. He finally fell into an uneasy sleep.

Meanwhile AJ was making her way home. She was shivering as she stopped at an alley way. She leaned her back against the cool brick wall. She felt sick, like she was going to throw up. But her stomach had nothing to throw up, so she just sucked in the chilly night air hugrily.

A man walked up to her, "Hey there. I've seen you around. Wanna go get something to drink?"

She looked at him, she was a bit drunk yet but from what she could see, he was pretty good looking. "Sure." She replied.

He smiled, "I'm John."

"AJ." She said as she shook his hand.

"I've actually got something right here." He said gesturing to the brown bag in his hand.

"Then let the good times roll." She said.

After they had consumed the whole bottle AJ couldn't stop laughing. She tugged at him, "I've got an idea..." She said as she leaned against the wall.

He smiled, "And what might that be?"

She let her hands trail down his side to the top of his pants. She smiled as she gently began rubbing his crotch.

He grinned, "In an alley way?"

"I've never done it in an alley before, and it seems like something that should be done." She replied as she began undoing his pants.

They were both breathing heavily, "We shall do that again sometime." He said as he pressed his head against her forehead.

AJ nodded, "Definitely."

He smiled and kissed her once more before she got dressed and went home. Ben was at Aaron's practicing for a show that they were going to put on.

"Hey guys, I just wrote these songs last night. Tell me what you think about them." Ben said as he walked in holding onto a small stack of papers.

Aaron got up, "Alright, new material." He said as he snatched the papers from Ben's hands.

Mark and Jeremy were both reading over his shoulder. "Well Mr. Sensitive..." Said Jeremy.

"What?" Asked Ben.

"You still love AJ, don't you?" Asked Aaron as he flipped to another page.

"I don't either." Stated Ben.

"Uh huh... You don't need to hide your emotions from us." Said Jeremy.

"I'd rather drink from the ocean!" Said Ben.

"Ben could I talk to you?" Asked Mark.

The other guys were still teasing Ben as Mark took him outside. Mark told Ben about what he had heard in the alley that night. "I'm so sorry Ben. I didn't..."

"It's fine. I'll be back. I just need to do something." Said Ben as he began walking away. He went to the park first, he had to find AJ.

AJ decided to take a walk near the river. She was at the edge when she decided to jump in. The water was warm and very comforting. She still couldn't believe what she had done the night before. She felt tears come to her eyes as she leaned back and put her head under water.

She had her eyes closed when she suddenly felt like someone was trying to hold her under water. She began to panic as the same pair of hands pulled her up. She spat water that had gotten into her mouth and wiped her eyes. "Ben, what the hell?"

"Are you sober?" He asked gruffly.

"Yes. But that's not a good reason to try and drown me." She said as she tried to escape his grip.

"No, but what you did in the alley is." He said flatly.

She opened her mouth, "How... How did..."

"It doesn't matter. Jane, how can you do this to yourself?" He asked with pain hanging on each word.

She looked up at him, "Ben, it's hard enough trying to get over you without you still caring for me." She said as she felt the tears fall from her eyes.

Ben wiped some away before she pulled away.

"Stop. You were the one that wanted this to be over." She stated flatly through the tears.

Ben looked at her with a pain stricken face before he looked another way. "But that was before when I was the one that was in trouble. Jane, you can't live like this." He said.

AJ walked over to the deeper part of the water. "No."

"What do you mean?"

"I can't. Just no. Alright?" She said before she got out of the water.

"And it's not a big secret, everyone knows that you still love me! You can't hide anything from me." She said as she looked once more at Ben.

She turned around, "If only you could see right through me too." She muttered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it? Hate it? Comments? Thanks for reading.