Status: Active with comments...

Saturate

09- Phase

When Ben and his mother got home, he seen that most of his father's possesions were gone. He went up to his room and seen that everything was still there. He threw down his bag and went back downstairs.

"I'm going to see Jane." He yelled. Ben ran to the hospital where he stood at one of the nurses station. "I need to see Angel Jane Dennison." He said with ragged breath.

"I'm sorry but unless you're family..."

"It's fine Sarah, I know this young man. Come on Ben." Said Julie. Sarah smiled as she continued reading someone's chart.

"So how have you been? I haven't seen you for a while." She said as she walked down the hall way.

"I've been doing pretty good. My father left us, he's in New York now." Ben replied anxiously. He was a little afraid to see AJ, but knew that he had to see her.

"That's great. I hope that he's doing fine."

"Me too." He said half heartedly. "So exactly what happened to Jane?"

"Well, she fainted at school. I guess she fell and hit her head against the floor really hard which gave her a slight concussion. And it's fairly odd because that shouldn't have caused her to slip into a coma. So I was wondering if you would be able to tell me anything."

"I wish that I could, but I don't know what to say." He said as he shook his head. Like he was going to tell her that her daughter was drinking and what not.

She sighed and pulled open a door, "Well here she is, I've got to go and take care of my other patients." She said.

Ben nodded, "Alright. Thanks Mrs. Dennison."

She smiled warmly, "You're welcome." Julie closed the door as Ben entered.

Jane was lying on the bed which made her look smaller than what she was. She remained motionless as the heart monitor beeped depressingly. Ben could feel the tears beginning to choke off his air supply. Her once vibrant attitude was gone.

He stood by her and put a hand on hers as he sat down in the chair next to her.

"Jane, how could you?" He cried as he held her hand to his forehead, allowing the tears to fall shamelessly.

"Jane, I know that you wouldn't listen to me before, but now you have to. There's no escaping. I know that before I didn't value my life as much, but that was before you came in. Since then I haven't been the same. You did this to me. I realize that I hurt you, and believe me, that was the last thing that I wanted to do to you. I'm sorry. I really am. Just please, stop this. It's just a fucking phase. I know that you're strong enough to make it. Just please, I need you. And I know that I need you." He kissed her hand as he continued crying.

"I'm sorry too." Whispered AJ as she brushed her fingers softly against the damp flesh of his face.

Ben looked up as he seen her eyes open a bit, "Oh my god. Jane, I love you." He said as he got up and kissed her.

She kissed him back, it was pure bliss. She missed him so much. He came back though, she wasn't sure if he came back for her, but at least he came back.

She sat up after sometime and looked at Ben, "So, why did you come back?"

Ben squeezed her hand, "Shelly called me and told me about what happened. And I decided that here in Wilkes-Barre, is where I need to be."

AJ smiled, "How long have I been here?"

"I don't know." Said Ben.

"You've been here for a total of two and a half days." Said Mrs. Dennison.

AJ looked up at her mom with a smile.

"I knew that you would bring my baby back." Said Julie as she hugged her daughter.

AJ hugged her mom back, "I'm glad that he did. Now I need to get off of this thing..."

"Hold on there. You need to stay for another four hours for observation and then you can go home. But I need you to promise me that you'll go back to school and stop whatever you were doing." Julie said as she held onto AJ's hand.

"I promise. It was just a phase. Now Ben will be on my ass when you're not there." Said AJ as she held up her left hand.

She looked at Ben, "You're going to watch her good, right?"

"Right." Said Ben with a smile.

Julie smiled at Ben, "See, now you can't do anything."

Ben chuckled and he heard the phone ring next to him.

AJ picked up the phone, "Hello? Oh, hold on..." She handed the phone to Ben, "It's your mother."

"Hello? Alright, I'll be back home soon." Ben hung up the phone, "I got to go home. Come on Jane, give me kiss." Said Ben as he puckered his lips.

AJ made a face, "Eww..."

Julie laughed, "I'll be back. And behave you guys." She said as she left the room.

AJ smiled as she kissed Ben. "You gonna come back?"

"Yeah. I just need to see what's going on at home, then I'll be back." Said Ben as he kissed her once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Complaints. This one goes out to SamWritesSins for commenting. Thank you, you're so awesome. Thanks for reading.