Babe

Chapter One

Crossing my legs, I looked to my right and saw Olivia. She had her phone up to her ear and was rapidly talking away. Sighing, I leaned back. We were currently sitting in the back of her truck with our legs dangling off. We came for a bonfire but that had ended an hour ago. Whoever told Olivia the time was just fucking around with her. I nudged Olivia in the arm when I saw Mark, her brother, and a couple of his friends walking up to us.

“What?” She hissed.

“It’s your brother and his friends.”

She put her phone down before hanging up without even saying a goodbye. “Good God Gloria, you act like you can’t even talk to them without my help.”

“I can talk to them by myself.”

“Whatever you say. Why don’t you just go out with him already? It’s pretty damn obvious he wants to screw you.”

I quickly turned my head away so she wouldn’t see it. Mark has always had a thing for me ever since I first stepped in their house over four years ago. But trust me, the feelings were not mutual. They were far from that.

“Aww, is itty bitty Gloria blushing?” Olivia teased. Just as she said that, Mark and his rowdy group of followers came up and stood in front of us. I suddenly felt the urge to disappear.

“What’s going on?” Mark asked.

“Gloria just wet herself when she saw you.”

“Olivia!” I gasped.

“You know it’s true,” she snorted right back.

Mark’s friends began laughing but he didn’t. “Cut it out,” he snapped.

Despite that I didn’t share the romantic feelings toward him; he was a really nice guy. I often felt guilty because he’s so nice, but I know that I could never be with him. I offered a shy smile to him. “Thanks,” I mumbled. He just nodded his head. Of course all of this was missed by Olivia who was already chatting away on her phone again. I regularly questioned our friendship, but I knew why I was in it.

I was in love with Olivia Smith.
♠ ♠ ♠
First time writing something like this. :)