Private Universe

All In One Day

On the afternoon of the thirteenth I finished packing. My flight was only a few hours and I was going to get in just after the guys finished the show. Their bus driver couldn't pick me up because the guys would know he was up to something. I was going to have to deal with a taxi.

I said goodbye to Harold as he dropped my off at the airport. He seemed to have become much nicer since I let him basically have the house. I spent most of the day before stuck in my room. I could have gone and done anything but I really hadn't been in the mood. I came out to eat, but that was about it. I was only too happy when I could get to the airport and away from everyone. Including Christopher Reynolds.

He had attempted to contact me by showing up at the house. But Harold came to tell me and I refused. I did not want to see him. Ever again. I wanted to get back to the guys and start having fun again. My flight was slow and uneventful. There was a small screaming child half way through but I pulled out Alex's ipod and ignored it.

There was a taxi driver waiting for me when I got off the plane. He helped with my luggage and we were soon off to the venue. The guys still had about an hour left of their show before they would be getting on the bus. I had not anticipated traffic this late at night but when we finally reached the tour bus I nearly jumped and sprinted to the bus so I could get in it before them. I was going to hide in my bunk at wait for all of them to go to sleep.

I texted Jack that I was there in the bus and I would have bet everything I owned that his face broke into a giant grin. I just hoped he made up a good cover story. I played some games on my phone while I waited for them to finish signing for fans and finally get on the bus. I stayed silent and listened to what they were saying.

"That was awesome!" I heard Jack say.

"Seriously. I love Canada." Rian said.

"No doubt. I'm going to sleep." Zack said and he was already in the bunk area and I didn't move.

Alex and Jack stayed up later than Rian who was in his bunk sleeping about an hour after Zack decided to sleep. I wanted to text Jack but I didn't want Alex to see. I had no idea what was happening at the front of the bus. And just when I thought I was going to fall sleep waiting for them to sleep I heard Alex come in and get in his bunk. I knew Jack was waiting for me but I didn't want to accidentally wake Alex up.

After about a half hour I heard his quiet snores and I slipped from my bunk and found Jack playing some video games. He grinned when I sat down next to him.

"How long were you waiting there?" He asked.

"Too long. Does he ever sleep?" I whispered.

"Rarely. But tonight's show was exhausting. I still can't believe you're going to make it to the last show in Canada. We always have a blast and it's often the best show."

"Cool." I grinned at him. "Now how do I surprise Alex?"

"Call him. Right now. He'll be all annoyed but then he won't because it's you." I grinned at his simple plan.

"Nothing elaborate?"

"No. I'm too tired to think of anything else. So leave me alone and I will see you in the morning." He grinned at turn off his game and headed to his bunk. I thought for a minute about what I was going to say. Then I dialed his number.

I could tell he was tired just from his voice. "Hello?"

"I'm sorry to do this to you, Alex. I know you're sleeping but I need you to find something for me." I held back my giggles.

I heard him grumble and then get out of bed. "What is it?" He asked.

"A piece of paper. It's got some information on it that I need." I said quickly making it up on the spot.

"Fine." He came out of the bunk area and hadn't noticed me. He looked around the kitchen before asking, "Where is it?"

"Here."

He spun around so fast he almost fell over. I sat there and grinned at him as he put the pieces together. When his face broke into a grin I practically jumped into his arms for a hug. I felt safe in his arms. And he gave some of the best hugs I had ever had. He let me go and grinned at me again.

"What are you doing here?" He said breathlessly.

"Surprise!" I giggled.

"What?"

"I know you wanted me to see a Canada date so I made it happen. Granted, I'm about ready to pass out, but I thought it would be cool."

He wrapped me in his arms again. "You're the best."

"I know." I said into his chest.

He let me go and I studied his face. He had dark circles under his eyes and it looked like it was taking a lot to keep his eyes open. He needed a shave but the stubble worked on him. His hands never left my waist and I was glad. I leaned into him and he wrapped his arms around me again. I could have stayed like this forever.

"I missed you, Zooey." He whispered.

"I missed you too."

He let go of me and took my hand. He pulled me back to the bunks and as he crawled into his I made my way to mine but he grabbed my hand and pulled me into his. He was up against the wall of the bus and I was lying next to him grinning. He propped his head up on one hand and stared at me.

"How was the funeral?" He whispered. He yawned and I smiled. This could wait.

"I'll tell you later. Go to sleep." I whispered smiling.

"No!" He just about screamed. "I want to hear it. I swear I'm awake." He yawned again and I giggled.

I grabbed his face between my hands. "We'll talk in the morning. You look exhausted. I'm exhausted. It can wait." I whispered.

"No..I don't believe you'll be here when I wake up. What if this is just a dream?" He said sleepily.

I smiled. "It's not. I promise I will be here when you wake up."

"Okay."

It seemed sleep had taken over just about everything else in his head. He pulled me close, keeping an arm on my stomach. I leaned into his chest and felt myself slowly drift off to sleep. I only partially registered the smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww. I love this chapter. Even if it's a bit short. [:
You all deserved an update because you're beautiful. I also don't have to go into work for a few hours. :D
Anyway. I think I'm going to quit sleeping if Alex continues to tweet when I sleep. =|
Butttt. Only like 2 days before I meet/see All Time Low. O:
That's exciting. :D
Anyway. Comment, subscribe, read. Enjoy!
Title credit goes to Ultravox today. But only because it was the first CD I found. :D I'm still a little tired from my late night of no power. =|