Private Universe

I Kissed A Boy

I was lying on the couch with my legs over Alex as he and Rian played an intense game of Mario Kart. They offered to let me play but I had a feeling they were both dying to have to go at it to see if they could beat each other. Just watching them play was entertainment enough for me. I was planning on ordering food soon too. We'd spent the entire day just being lazy.

"So, Zooey? Ever had a boyfriend before?" Rian smirked as he set down the controller after kicking Alex's ass.

I looked at him and saw Alex look at me curious. "Once."

Rian rolled his eyes. "That doesn't tell me anything. Give me details."

"Dude, shouldn't I be asking her this stuff?" Alex asked.

"Maybe. But I knew you hadn't and I was curious."

"Fine." They both looked at me and I sighed.

"High school. Just as I started to be friends with Holli. But he got into the popular crowd for doing a stupid dare and then quit talking to me."

"Wow. Sad day." Rian said.

I rolled my eyes again. "Whatever. Nothing happened. We probably made out once. Which he sucked at. But I'm guessing I did too."

"You don't." Alex said grinning. I was surprised his lip didn't split open.

"Maybe not now. But he was technically my first kiss."

"Wow." Rian said thoughtfully. Then he looked at me with huge baseball sized eyes. "Wait. That means you're still a virgin!"

Alex leaned over and slapped his friend and I just laughed. "Yeah. I am."

Alex looked at me. "Seriously?"

"Mhmm. Why? Is it a problem?"

"No, no. I just didn't think you were."

I smiled. "It's okay. I'm totally fine with being a virgin. I know I didn't waste it on someone I don't care about. And when it happens it happens. It will either be bad or good. But I'm not too worried about it."

"That's insane. I don't believe you're a virgin. You're way to attractive not to be." Rian said. Alex slapped him again and I laughed.

"Believe it. I'm still pure."

Rian snorted at me. "As if. Jack told me about the pool." He smirked.

I looked at Alex. "How does Jack know about that?"

"Umm. Well, I told him."

"Alex!" I said hitting his arm.

"I'm sorry! I needed some serious guy talk and it came up."

"What did you talk to him about?" I asked.

"Everything. I heard most of that conversation. You people really need to be more quiet. You all think I'm sleeping but I'm usually just hanging out in my bunk or in the room." Rian said. "He told Jack he loved you." He cupped his hand over his face so fast I thought he was going to have a red mark on his face.. He looked at Alex and Alex just laughed.

"Chill out. I told her." He said.

"Really? Oh thank god. I was so worried I had spoiled something."

"You're such an idiot."

"I have to tell you something." I said. They both looked at me and I took a deep breath. "When you and Tay were talking in the hotel room, after the pool, I was kind of awake."

"Oh my god." He groaned putting his face in his hands.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to. You guys were talking when I woke up and I heard myself in there and I didn't want to interrupt it."

"So you knew?" He asked.

"Knew what?" Rian asked, confused.

He groaned again. "Tay was the first person I told. I told her that I loved her one morning thinking she was sleeping."

"I'm sorry, Alex." I said smiling.

"Why didn't you say anything?" He asked.

"I wanted you to say it. To my face. To me. Not to Tay. But it was so hard not to jump around and scream out of excitement. And I got so frustrated when you didn't say anything for days."

"You should have said something!"

"No way. I kind of like how you did it." I said grinning.

"Wait. How did he do it? Was it cheesy and sappy?" Rian asked.

I laughed. "No. Technically he was drunk at first. It slipped out and then after he was punched in the face he said it again."

"Jesus, Alex. You are such a fool. Drunk? Really?"

"It stressed me out! I swear I grew like five zits because it stressed me out so badly. I had no idea how to do it. I didn't even know if you wanted something huge and spectacular and ridiculous." He said.

I laughed. "Doesn't matter. I never got any of the goofy cheesy stuff. So I don't mind."

"Sweet! That gives me ideas for the future." He said grinning.

"Oh god." I said.

"You two are exhausting. I'm going to get food. Pizza okay with everyone?"

"Yeah." We both said in unison.

"Good. I also don't want you guys to be in the middle of fucking each other when I get back. It will throw off my hunger." He said grabbing his wallet and keys.

After he left Alex looked at me. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"About what?"

"About being a virgin. I wouldn't have pushed you to get in the pool."

I smiled. "Don't worry about it. I knew what I was doing."

"But. I don't want to be the one that takes it and then you regret it."

"I won't."

"I also don't want to push you into doing anything. I don't want to fuck this up."

I laughed a little. "Alex, chill out. I know my limits. I promise. I will tell you if I can't deal with something."

"Promise?"

I laughed. "Cross my heart."
♠ ♠ ♠
Rawr. You're all lucky I love you guys. I need more comments. I'm so bored and I can't tell if I suck or something.

Yeah, I know I just asked for people to comment. But seriously. Do ittt.
I think I've also found a name for my band. Working on it though. I'm also really tired.
Title credit goes to Cobra's version of this song. Cause I just got it and it makes me giggle hxc.