Private Universe

Take My Hand

"What about this one?" I asked.

He looked at me and grinned. "I like it for the cleavage."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course you do."

I went back into my dressing room to find try on another dress. We'd found a little shop down the street from the diner and most of the clothing was vintage. The dresses were cute and just my style. I pulled on a lemon yellow dress with a band of white through the middle and two white buttons that went right over my boobs. I looked at myself in the mirror and just about fell in love with it. I went out to show Alex and he grinned.

"Just your style." He said. "It makes you look absolutely adorable. I'd prefer the cleavage action but that's just me." He got up and kissed me while wrapping his arms around my waist. "What do you think?"

"I love it. I don't know what it is but I love it."

"Good. You should get it."

"Are you letting me buy it myself?" I smirked at him.

"Ha ha. If you want me to buy it I will."

"No way. I'm paying for this sucker."

He laughed. "Are you thinking about any of the other dresses?"

"Not really. I mean, they were cute but all of them are expensive. This one on it's own is nearly eighty dollars."

"Jesus."

"Yeah."

"Well, do we need shoes?" I bit my lip and he sighed. "I'm guessing that means yes?"

"I just have my converse. I don't exactly have any others to go with it."

He rolled his eyes and grinned. "Whatever."

I went back into the dressing room and changed back into my regular clothes. I hung up the other dresses and handed them to the woman when I came out. I kept my lemon yellow dress in hand and we shopped around for some shoes. I had no idea what I wanted but I knew I needed different shoes. I spotted a pair of boots that I didn't like upon first glance. But when I put them with the dress I nearly cried. It was such a perfect fit. I quickly tried them and asked Alex's opinion.

"What do you think?" I grinned.

"Cute? I don't know. What do you want me to say?"

"Honest opinion."

"I'm a guy."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. I think they're cute. I'll probably get them both."

He looked at the box. "One hundred and thirty dollars for a pair of shoes? Seriously?"

"Feel how soft the leather is. And I'm allowed to spend money. I haven't for over twenty years." I grinned and kissed him lightly.

"Does this mean I'm going to have to go shopping with you?"

I giggled. "No. I'll find a job and make some girl friends."

"You don't need a job. You have one on tour with us."

"That's not an all the time thing. I'll probably need one to pay for rent and stuff."

He snorted. "You won't have to pay rent."

"Alex. If I'm living there I will. That's really not fair to you and Rian."

He sighed. "Fine. I just hate that you have to."

I laughed at him. "I will even if we have a house to ourselves." I kissed him and took my items to the register.

As we walked out of he store together I felt good about my purchases. Even if they were expensive. They were adorable and I loved them. I looked at the sky and I could feel the grin on my face fading. The sun was starting to set and it meant we would have to be getting home soon. I didn't want to leave. The people here were nice and I was having fun with Alex. I heard him sigh and I looked at him.

"I guess we better be getting home."

"I guess."

He pulled me in for a quick kiss and then grinned at me. "Don't worry. We'll come back. This can be...our town?" He laughed and I couldn't help but follow.

"Okay. I like that idea. Can we come back to eat at the diner?"

"Absolutely. That place was fan-fucking-tastic."

I grinned at him. "True. Do you think Jess will still be there?"

"I don't know. I kind of hope not. Like, I hope things get better and she moves on, you know?"

"Yeah. I get it."

We boarded the train back and found two seats near the back. A woman on the train came around taking drink orders and we both ordered a coffee. The train ride back felt much longer and we ended up playing with a random deck of cards that were either left or purposefully placed on the train. I taught him how to play speed and by the time we got to our stop he was beating me. We got off the train and I shivered. It had dropped nearly ten degrees since our adventure town.

Alex looked at me and shrugged off his hoodie. "Here."

"No. Won't you be cold?"

He rolled his eyes. "I'm pretty sure I give off more body heat than you. Besides, the air feels nice."

"Okay." We walked down the street and he kept his arm over my shoulder and I kept mine around his waist. "Alex? Is Rian dating anyone?"

He laughed. "I'm not really sure. He doesn't talk about his personal life much. He knows if he wants to he can. But he doesn't really. I think he's got a thing with Cassadee from Hey Monday. But I have no idea."

"Hmmm."

"Why?"

"I dunno. Curious I guess. What about Zack?"

He laughed again. "We never really know about him. Those two keep their personal lives to themselves and Jack and I tend to be a bit more open about it."

"I see."

"Though, I'm trying to keep you a bit of a secret." I raised my eyebrow. "Only because you don't need crazy fans harassing you. Or the press for that matter."

"Oh." I smiled at him. "Thanks, I guess."

"I like that it's something no one else knows about. Besides, Alternative Press will get a hold of you soon enough."

"Why?"

"They love interviewing the tech people. They always get the honest truth about the band out of them." He rolled his eyes. "Alternative Press is good. They generally get the correct information out there."

"Okay. Do you think Tay and Jack will last?"

He laughed. "I honestly, have no idea. They would be ridiculous together. I think they both need someone to balance them out. They could get into some serious trouble together."

I had to admit he was right. "They were really cute the other night."

"Of course they were. Jack manages to find a girl and they look fucking adorable together."

"Apparently we're adorable."

"Duh. We started it. Everyone wants our relationship." He grinned and kissed my head.

We reached the apartment building and got in the elevator. I was starting to feel extremely tired. The events of the day had worn me out. Not that we did all that much but still. Rian was watching television when we entered and he grinned at us.

"What do you think of the city?" He asked me.

"Umm. We didn't really get to it."

He frowned. "Why not?"

"We stopped and had an adventure...? Where did we go, Alex?"

He thought for a minute. "I really don't know."

I laughed. "Wonderful. We are never going to make it back."

"Sure we will."

"Okay. Are you planning on seeing the city soon?" Rian asked.

"Eventually. She convinced me to go on an adventure with her and I couldn't refuse." He grinned at me.

Rian rolled his eyes. "Of course you couldn't."

I giggled. "I think I'm going to go to bed. My eyes are starting to feel like lead."

"Okay." Alex kissed me lightly and I headed to his bed. "I'll be in eventually."

I changed into my tank top and shorts and crawled under the covers. The bed fit to all my curves and before I knew it I was drifting off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
dress
shoes <-- those need to be in grey.

I want both of those items badly. So adorable. I also think Rian and Cassadee do have a thing. But that's just my personal opinion. xD

Anyway. You know I love you guys. To the moon and back. <3
Read, comment, subscribe and give me love. [:
Title credit goes to The Cab. :D

Oh. PS. I've got ideas with that dress. And ideas for the story. :D