Private Universe

Careful

Dr. Anderson had come by early in the morning to tell me I could leave anytime I wanted. I thanked him and he closed the blinds to my room. Alex had gone to make sure the beds for the new apartment were up and livable. Getting out of the hospital bed had to have been the worst pain to date. I was glad Alex wasn't there because I felt myself tear up and gasp a number of times. Alex had brought clothes a few days earlier and now I was attempting to change into my jeans. With little success. I heard a chuckle from behind and saw Alex standing in the door way with the clothes from the night before.

"Quit laughing and help." I said. He pushed himself off the door and took my jeans from me.

I sat on the edge of the bed and he helped slide my legs into each of the leg holes and he brought the jeans up to my hip. It was a very intimate moment while his fingers remained near the button of my jeans. I could feel his body heat and I wished I could have let him wrap his arms around me. He grinned and leaned down to kiss me.

"You okay?" He asked.

I sighed. "I'm fine."

He smiled lightly. "What's wrong? You seem down."

"I just want you to hold me. Without being in pain. It's not fair." I felt tears well up in my eyes and I did my best to hide them.

His thumb ran across my cheek to wipe away the tear that escaped and he smiled at me. "Can I try something? If it hurts tell me."

"Okay."

He snaked his arm around my lower waist and pulled me lightly towards him. I leaned against his body and his other arm snaked around halfway up my back and pressed me to him a little more. I felt a little throbbing in my chest but it was bearable. I felt his lips against my head and I smiled. He rubbed my back lightly.

"Better?" He whispered.

I nodded and pulled back. "Yeah." I wiped under my eyes and laughed. "Thank you."

"Always." He grinned at me. "Need help with anything else?"

I bit my lip. "I don't think I can get my shirt on. I haven't tried to lift my arms up yet."

He smiled. "I'll help."

I grinned at him and he helped me get the hospital gown off. I left my arms up and winced at the pain. It wasn't nearly as bad as getting off the bed but it was bad enough. Alex tried to do it fast and careful so that I would be in less pain. I was so relieved when I put my arms down and Alex smiled at me. He kissed my forehead and grabbed the bag with the rest of my stuff. It wasn't much. I had refused to keep the clothes that I entered the hospital with. It was mostly filled with gifts everyone had brought me.

It was colder outside and Alex shrugged off his jacket and gave it to me. I smiled at him. He was such a gentleman. He helped me get into his car and then he threw my stuff in the back and he joined me in the driver's seat. The drive home wasn't long. I had completely spaced the new apartment until we stopped in front of a new building. I looked at Alex and he grinned. He cut the engine and came around to help me out. Getting out was worse but I was able to keep my tears under control. We walked inside and to the elevator. When it opened I saw Jack and Tay holding hands and debating about something. They both grinned when they saw me.

"Zooey!" Jack yelled getting ready to attack me. Alex put himself between Jack and I and I grinned.

"Hi, Jack."

"Zooey, he won't let me hug you."

"For good reason." I said.

"But I wouldn't hurt you!" He protested.

"Jack, I promise that I will give you a giant bear hug the moment nothing hurts."

He thought for a minute. "Fine. But I will hold you to that promise."

I grinned. "Deal."

"Does it still hurt?" Tay asked.

I nodded. "The worst was getting out of the bed."

"Oh."

"But I'm okay now." I glanced at Alex and I saw her grin.

"Good. Well, we've got to go get some more of your guys' shit. Be back soon." She leaned in and gave me a light hug and Jack pouted walking away.

As Alex and I got on the elevator I could hear Jack whining at Tay. "But you got to hug her!"

"Jack, you don't hug. You attack. Chill out. You will get a hug eventually."

I shook my head and smiled as the elevator doors shut. I missed them. I missed everyone. Alex laced his fingers with mine as the elevator lurched upward. I leaned against him and he squeezed my hand. As the elevator doors opened I saw the hallway outside was filled with boxes and things wrapped up. There was an open door a little ways down and when I looked at Alex he grinned. He gave me a slight push and I walked towards the open door.

It wasn't much to see at the moment because of all the boxes and unpacking that needed to be done. But I could see the potential in it. The kitchen was immediately to my right and the living room was in front of me just past the kitchen. There was a set of stairs that lead to the bedrooms and bathroom. I had a feeling the one bathroom thing would be an issue but we could work on it. Rian was in the kitchen unpacking a box and when he saw me he grinned.

"What do you think?" He asked.

"I love it."

"Seriously? It seems small."

"It's perfect. I didn't know you could get stairs."

He laughed. "That's what I liked best. The rooms are finally separate."

"Seriously, I love it. Thank you so much."

"No problem." He smiled at me and gave a small nod to Alex. "The bed is set up if you guys want to sleep or something."

I smiled at him. "I might. Alex is going to help you unpack and move." I grinned at Alex as he rolled his eyes.

Rian looked confused and he looked to Alex. "It was a deal we made. I'm suppose to help unpack since a lot of it is mine." He said shrugging.

"But what about...?"

Alex cut him off. "I promised her."

"Got it."

Rian went back to unpacking the box and Alex led me upstairs. I was nervous about the stairs. Going up wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be but I had a feeling going down would be a bit more difficult. At the top of the stairs the bathrooms was connecting the rooms together. I didn't mind. Rian was a clean person. If we had been sharing an apartment with Jack things would have been different. The room Alex and I were sharing was mostly unpacked. There were a couple boxes here and there but at least the bed was set up. I lied down on the bed and Alex pulled the covers up. I felt like a child being tucked in.

"Thanks, Alex."

"For what?" He said sitting next to me stroking my hair.

"Everything."

He laughed. "Anytime." He kissed the side of my head and I was suddenly feeling exhausted. "Here. I'll leave my phone so you can play games if you get bored. I made sure it was all charged up just for you." He grinned.

I smiled back. "Thanks. I might just sleep through the whole thing."

"Is it wrong that I want you to?"

I grinned. "Nope." I yawned and he laughed and kissed my head again.

"Go to sleep. I'll come check on you later."

"Okay."

I heard him laugh again before he got up and left. Then I felt myself drift off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rawr. I'm disappointed with the lack of comments lately. But I cannot resist writing anymore. NO matter how much I want to with hold a chapter. It will also getting better from here.
I'm tired and in the middle of streaming FBR15. So I also haven't edited it that much.
So read, comment, subscribe and give me love. But I love you guys. A lot.
Title credit goes to Paramore tonight.