Private Universe

Summertime

"Oh my god. Alex, look at this!" I said running to the window of the next shop.

We'd been shopping downtown and I felt like a little kid in a toy store. I was running up to nearly every shop to see what was inside. If it was interesting I dragged him in. I felt bad because I knew he didn't like shopping. But he was being a good sport. The thing that was currently catching my eye was a four-leaf clover pressed between two pieces of glass. It was shaped in a circle with a ring of gold around the entire thing. I'd never had a four-leaf clover and it was so adorable.

"A four-leaf clover?" He laughed at me. "You're so simple."

"Is that bad?" I asked.

"Not at all. Far less expensive." I saw him grin in the window and I whipped around and raised my eyebrow at him.

"You do know, I will want diamonds eventually? You're charm won't always be enough." I grinned at him.

"Oh I know. But I like that you don't want them now."

"Who says I don't?"

He rolled his eyes. "Don't worry your pretty little head. I will buy you many expensive things when the time is right."

I smiled. "Promise?"

"Cross my heart." He leaned in and kissed me lightly. "Do you want that four-leaf clover?" He asked pulling away.

I bit my lip and he rolled his eyes. Lacing his fingers with mine he pulled me inside the shop. We looked at the little pendant and I even tried it on. I was willing to pay for it because it was something I wanted but Alex refused and just smiled at me. I would never admit it to him, but his charm and smile would always keep me close. We walked out and I couldn't stop smiling at him.

"Thanks again." I'd probably said it about twenty times and I'm sure he was getting sick of it.

He laughed. "Don't worry about it. Consider it an early birthday present." He grinned.

"I've never had one before."

"Neither have I. My beanie has always been my good luck charm. Then you." I rolled my eyes at how cheesy it sounded but it was adorable. He snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me in for a kiss.

I giggled when he let go. "You're such a dork."

"But you love me for it." He said grinning.

"So true." I bit my lip. There was something I needed to tell him. Or ask him. "Alex?" I said hesitantly.

"Yeah?"

He raised his eyebrows at me. Those bushy eyebrows. They nearly disappeared in his hair and it made me smile. He had more hair than most guys I knew. But it was adorable. He was wearing black skinny jeans and the ugly colorful shoes I hated. He was wearing just a tee-shirt with a red plaid button down. He had a read beanie on and it made me smile. I bit my lip quickly before pushing myself on toes and kissing him lightly.

He grinned as I pulled away. "What was that for?"

"Nothing. Everything. I don't know."

He smiled. "What were you going to ask me?"

"How do you know I was going to ask you something?"

"The way you said my name." He smiled at me.

"There was." I bit my lip.

"Tell me. Ask me. Whatever." He laced our fingers together and we started to walk down the street.

"Would you want to meet my mom?" I asked quickly. I felt the heat enter my cheeks and I looked down to the ground. Alex stopped and lift my chin so he could see my face.

"Of course, I would." He smiled and I did the same. "Do you want me to meet her?"

I nodded. "Hopefully when she isn't crazy."

He smiled. "We'll work on it." He kissed my lightly and smiled. "I have something I want to ask you, too. It's a bit early but I'm excited about it."

I grinned. "Shoot."

"Would you want to come to my parent's house for Thanksgiving?"

I couldn't even help my reaction. I felt tears well up in my eyes and I could feel them spilling over. I tried my hardest to wipe them away but Alex saw them. His face fell and I tried to laugh and smiled and calm myself down. I took a few deep breathes but I knew I would probably cry through my answer.

"Zooey! If you don't want to go, it's okay. I get it."

I laughed and cried some more. "That's not it. I swear." I sniffled and wiped away more tears. "Of course I want to go."

"Why are you crying?"

I sniffled again and wiped away more tears. "The thought of having a real Thanksgiving sounds amazing."

"You've never had a real Thanksgiving?"

I shook my head. "We never had money for a proper one. I always heard about people who had big meals and it never bothered me before. I always had my mom and things were good. God, a real Thanksgiving? With a big family and a big turkey?"

He laughed. "Absolutely. My entire family shows up at my parent's house. It gets really warm and people start fighting. All the woman hang out in the kitchen and all the men are watching football. Someone usually gets angry at someone but then we all come together for dinner. Which is amazing since my mom is an insane cook." He ran his thumb across my cheek and wiped another tear away.

"That sounds amazing." I rested my head against his chest and he wrapped his arms around me.

We must have looked quit interesting to people walking by. I had finally managed to calm down and stop crying and Alex smiled at me as we made our way back to the apartment. I had to admit, I was thrilled about Thanksgiving. My birthday couldn't even compare. I was finally going to have a real Thanksgiving.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lateness. I was with family all weekend. And I'm starting to get a little writers block. I have ideas but I need a few filler chapters before we get to the good stuff.
So read, comment, subscribe and give me love. But I still hold true on my last threat. If I don't get more than one comment I won't write anything for week. I would hate to do that to you all.
But I love comment and opinions. Because you are all beautiful. You have beautiful minds and opinions. <3
Title credit goes to My Chemical Romance. Even though it isn't really summer anymore.