Private Universe

Lips Of An Angel

We cleaned the kitchen together. Even though it wasn't doing much since we were both covered in cake and frosting. Every time we moved there would be a fresh spot to clean. I sighed and put the sponge down. Alex looked at me and I smiled. He had refused to put on a shirt and I didn't mind. Half naked Alex was enjoyable.

"Now you're not helping?" He raised his eyebrow at me and smirked.

"I am. But it's no use. We keep making a mess after we clean up another. We need to shower first."

"Good point," He threw his rag in the sink and stood close to me. He smelled even better with frosting.

His fingers brushed my hair from my face and he grinned down at me. I could feel myself biting down on my lip. Alex leaned in closer and my breath caught in my throat. His hand locked around the back of my head and the other hand trailed my side. It made me shiver and he laughed pulling away. I told myself to breath as he start to walk towards the stairs.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I thought we needed to shower. Why?"

"Oh," I bit my lip again and grinned. "Nothing. I was just wondering if you wanted company."

He gave me a confused look and then I saw the light bulb go on inside his mind. He grinned and scooped me up bridal style. He sprinted up the stairs and I giggled the entire way. He was such a fool. But I loved him. He set me on the bathroom floor and turned on the shower. He stripped down to nothing and raised his eyebrow at me before jumping in.

I laughed and followed. I threw my clothes in a pile with his. I was probably going to have to throw those out. I took a deep breath and slid myself into the shower with Alex. He stood with the water hitting his back grinning at me. In the seconds it had taken me to join him he managed to get most of the frosting off. I rolled my eyes and I could suddenly feel his wet body against mine. I felt his warm, wet lips on mine and then he was pressing me against the wall of the shower.

--

I slipped on some sweats and one of Alex's hoodies. We weren't leaving the house for the rest of the day. It started pouring rain and I wasn't in the mood to get out. He put on jeans and a t-shirt and grinned at me. I didn't want to deal with my hair so I brushed it behind me and let it air dry. It made me cold because it was wet but I was too lazy to do anything with it. He wrapped his arms around me and smiled.

"You look beautiful."

I rolled my eyes. "As if. I look frumpy and lazy."

"Mm. You do not see yourself clearly," He leaned down and kissed me lightly. "You are always beautiful. No matter what you wear." He kissed me again and pulled away taking my hand.

He lead me down stairs and sat me on the couch. Then he started to clean the kitchen and I wasn't letting him do it alone. I didn't care that it was my birthday. I helped make the mess and I was going to help clean it up.

"I told you to sit on the couch and wait." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "One, you are not the boss of me," I smiled. "Two, I was bored as soon as you walked away. And three, I made the mess, I'm helping clean."

"Don't even," He grabbed the sponge before I could. "It is your birthday and I am not letting you clean."

"That's not fair."

"Don't care," He grinned and kissed my nose.

"Alex-"

"No. It's not a big deal. You don't need to clean on your birthday. Besides, there isn't much left. If you want to feel like your helping you could sit and watch and keep me company."

I rolled my eyes again. "Fine."

I sat at the bar and watched him clean up the kitchen. At least I was in love with someone who was clean. I expected much worse from the signer of a band. It told you how much I knew about people. Alex and Rian kept a clean apartment and I felt like I was making it a mess half the time. I really needed to help out a bit more.

I jumped at the sudden burst of thunder from outside. Alex chuckled at me and I went to the window to see what was happening. It was raining in sheets and you could barely see anything in front of you. There was a part of me that wanted to go dance in the rain. I hadn't in a while and it was the perfect opportunity. I glanced behind me at Alex.

I made up my mind. I pulled him away from the cleaning, ignoring his complaints. I opened the door and dragged him in the rain with me. Within a minute we were soaked to the bone. It was dripping from my hair and my eye lashes and nose. I shivered and Alex just looked at me, confused.

"What are we doing?" He almost had to shout.

"Dancing in the rain," I said smiling.

He shook his head but smiled. Then he spun me around a few times. It got more difficult because we got even wetter. He snaked his arm around my waist and dipped me before I could protest. I shrieked and giggled as he pulled me back up so we were face to face. We rocked back and forth for a minute before I felt the warmth of his lips pressed to mine. I tangled my fingers in his hair and pulled him closer. There was nothing better than kissing Alex. Except when I kissed him in the rain.

--

"You realize this is the third outfit change in one day?" He smirked at me with another t-shirt in hand. He'd already changed pants and now he was staring at me, shirtless.

"So?"

"We don't do laundry on a regular basis. We might have to now."

I rolled me eyes. "You'll get over it. It was my birthday. It is my birthday."

He smiled. "I know. How has it been so far?"

"Fan-fucking-tastic."

He grinned. "Good. Because it's not over. I still have to give you your actual gift."

I shook my head. "You spoil me, Alex."

"Good. I'm suppose to spoil you. I enjoy it. As your boyfriend, spoiling you comes easy."

I tried to hide my smile but it wasn't working. "Fine. Gift me."

He laughed. "Gift me? That sounds like it should be sexual."

"Mhmm, it's not." I nodded. "Now, gift me."

He pulled his shirt over his head and ruffled his hair a little. Then he dug around in his drawer for something and for a split second I was scared that he was going to pull out a diamond ring and propose to me. Not that I didn't want to spend the rest of my life with him, but I was not ready to get married. He pulled out an envelope and turned to looked at me.

"You okay?" He laughed coming closer to me. "You look really freaked out right now."

I breathed and smiled. "I'm good."

He rolled his eyes and handed me the envelope. I gave him a questioning look but opened it anyway. I could feel my eyes widen and then the familiar sting of tears. I looked at him and he was grinning with his hands shoved in his pocket. I shoved the plane tickets to Denver back in the envelope and threw my arms around Alex. He laughed and put his hands around my waist to keep me steady.

"Like it?" I let go and wiped my face. The tears had finally escaped and there was no stopping them.

"I love it. I love you. Thank you so much."

"Anytime."
♠ ♠ ♠
Cuteee. Sorry this is late-ish. I guess. I get more readers/subscribers when I wait like a day to update.
Crazy shit.
Anyway. I'm not in the mood for a long author's note. So read, comment, subscriber and give me love as always. Enjoy!
Title credit goes to Hinder. I really only like this song by them.