Private Universe

Fingers Of Love

When I woke up from my nap I felt groggy and gross. A shower was going to be needed soon. I was glad I was one of the girls so I got to shower first. That was the best part about this tour so far. Sleeping on a bus with a bunch of guys wasn't that great. I sighed and rolled out of my bed onto the floor. I was really glad I didn't have a top bunk. That could have ended badly. I found the bathroom and checked myself out. Sort of. I just made sure my hair was decent and I wasn't flashing anything to anyone before I entered the 'living room' of the bus.

To my luck there wasn't anyone but Alex sitting on the couch with his laptop open. I had to admit he looked cute in his flannel shirt and skinny jeans. His beanie just worked for him too. He grinned when he saw me and closed his laptop.

"Good evening." He said.

"Evening?" I looked outside and then blinked. I could see the sun getting ready to set and I noticed we had stopped moving. "Why have we stopped? And where is everyone?" I said and sat down next to him.

"We needed food. And gas." He grinned. "Everyone else is eating somewhere."

"Why aren't you?" I raised my eyebrow.

"One: I wasn't hungry an hour ago. Two: you were still sleeping and I figured if you woke up with no one you might freak a little."

I thought about it. "So true."

He smiled. "You hungry?"

"Kind of." I admitted.

"Good. I'm starving. Let's go."

He dragged me out of the tour bus and didn't let go of my hand. I had to admit, I liked it. It was warm and surprisingly soft. But I didn't know where we were going. There was a strip of restaurants and I suddenly felt really hungry.

"Where to?" He asked.

I looked down the strip. "Pancake House." I grinned.

"Pancake House? Breakfast for dinner?"

"Absolutely. They have the best chocolate chip pancakes."

"Hmm. Compelling argument. Sounds delicious." He started walking but I didn't move. "What?"

"Can I have a piggy back ride?" He grinned at him.

"What?"

"You heard me. I really want one. I haven't had one since my dad-"

"Got it. Get on." He was grinning. I jumped on his back and wrapped my arms around his neck. He grabbed me right under my knees and didn't let go.

"Hey, Alex." I said.

"Yes?"

"Where the hell are we?"

I felt him laugh. "Good question. I'm not really sure. I wasn't paying attention when our driver told us."

"Wonderful. When do we have to be back?"

"I don't know. But don't worry. They can't leave without the singer or the techie."

"Uh-huh. They could leave the techie. Not the singer."

"No way. The techie is important. I don't think anyone else knows how to set everything up."

"They do. I'm mostly extra. Given the job because they felt sorry for me."

"That's a lie."

"Is not! I don't even know what I do." I relaxed my arms a little still holding on though.

"Ask someone."

"They will think I'm an idiot."

"I doubt it. We're here."

I slid off his back and pulled his beanie off in the process. But instead of giving it to him I put it on myself. The reflection of me from the windows told me what I looked like. And I was cute. I looked back at Alex who made a grab for his beanie and I backed up into the wall of the Pancake House. I grinned mischievously at him.

"Can I have that back?" He smiled.

"Nope." I grinned. "I look cute in it."

"True. But my hair is a mess."

I giggled. "It's always a mess. "

"Maybe. But it looks shitty right now."

"No it doesn't. It looks like you rolled out of bed. Kind of attractive if you ask me." I ducked under his arm because he had locked me in between his arms and entered the Pancake House.

I thought he would try and take it back from me but he didn't. He walked up beside me and smiled. The host led us to a small table in the back and we both sat down across from each other and looked over the menu. It wasn't any use to me since I already knew what I was going to eat. I glanced at Alex who looked confused.

"Bacon pancakes? Bacon waffles? That sounds..interesting." He looked at me.

"They're delicious."

"Really?"

"Mhmm." I went back to my menu just so I didn't have to see him looking at me.

"Are we ready to order?" The waitress came up and asked.

"Yes." I said. "I would like a water. And chocolate chip pancakes. Alex?" I grinned at him.

"Orange juice and chocolate chip pancakes." I raised my eyebrow at him at the waitress left. "What?"

"Chocolate chip pancakes?"

"I'm a sucker for them."

"Uh-huh."

"I am! Just ask Jack. Or Rian or Zack."

I smiled. "Can I ask a stupid question?"

"I doubt it's stupid but sure." The waitress came back with our drinks and I took a sip of my water before asking.

"Which one is Rian and which one is Zack?" Alex practically snorted into his orange juice and laughed. "I told you it was dumb."

"No. I get it. Rian doesn't have all that much hair. Zack has far too much."

"More than you?" I grinned.

"Hey! I can't help it."

"Sure you can. You could cut it."

"And ruin my image? Do you know how many fans would probably start cutting themselves if I cut my hair?" He grinned.

"That was mean. And I can only assume."

"True. It was mean. But they would have a freak out. Then when they saw me they might attack me. Or whoever got their hands on the cut hair would sell it on EBay or something."

"Are you guys really that popular?"

"It hurts that you doubt us." He had his hand over his heart and he was smiling.

"I'm just curious. I've never heard of you."

His jaw dropped. "Seriously?"

"Up until the other night. I had no idea who you were."

"Oh Jesus. Way to make me nervous as fuck."

"Nervous about what?"

"I have to impress you now."

"Why?"

"Cause you have to like us."

"Why?"

"Because!"

"Because why?"

"You sound like a child asking 'why' all the time." He said as the waitress set our plates of pancakes in front of us.

"Good."

I grinned and then dug into my pancakes. I had not realized how hungry I was until I was shoving food into my mouth. I probably looked really un-attractive at the moment but I didn't care. I was really hungry. I looked up to find Alex half way through his and staring at me.

"What?" I said with a full mouth.

"Okay. So not only can you tackle me, you can eat food like a man and not care about what you look like."

I gulped and swallowed what I was chewing. "I looked like a man?"

"Not in a bad way. Most girls I'm around eat small food. Like salads and shit. It gets boring."

"Oh."

"It's refreshing. I swear." He smiled.

"Good." I took another bite and chewed more normal and less like an animal. "By the way, I don't usually like salads for dinner. Not enough food."

"Really?"

"Mhmm. I'm much more of a chicken fingers and fries kind of girl. I'd kill for some fries."

"Now?"

"No. They are just one of my favorite foods. Love them to pieces." I grinned.

Before Alex could respond his phone rang. He got up to answer it and I finished my pancakes. I was feeling much better now that I had food inside of me. Alex came back and sighed. He looked unhappy about something.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing. We just have to leave soon."

"Is that bad?"

"No. Just not ready. I'm having fun here." He smiled at me.

"Me too."

"You're not going to fall asleep on me again are you?"

I laughed. "You told me to sleep. And I doubt I will. I've probably fucked my sleep schedule up so badly by sleeping all day."

"Probably." He grinned.

He finished his pancakes and paid the bill. He never asked for his beanie back and it made me smile. I did kind of like wearing it. We walked back to the tour bus with our hands linked together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lawlz. I really like this chapter. Please comment? I'll love you forever. <3

Title credit goes to Crowded House again. There isn't a lot of stuff on this iTunes. I apologize.
Enjoy!

Oh. Btwss. Writing this was the only thing that calmed me down today. I've been a nervous wreck.
I'm meeting The Downtown Fiction and We The Kings tonight. So excited. :D