Start a Revolution

t w e n t y f o u r

"Mom, it's just a study session at the library," Drew groans, running a hand through her hair. "Lisa and I need to catch up on American History! Is it that big of a deal?" She lets her head drop back, her hair brushing her upper shoulders as she makes a noise of annoyance.

"You're grounded!" her Mom exclaims. "I'd be breaking the rules I set!"

The girl makes a noise of annoyance. "Mom. This is important, okay? Lisa is already at the library waiting for me. Please? I promise, I won't ask to go somewhere 'til the end of my punishment."

She could see her mother debating. It was obvious she was having an internal struggle. Whenever her mom sets a punishment, she hates to break what she promised to do. Even if it means Drew's not allowed to use her phone, she wouldn't even let her use the house phone. That was hell. She didn't have any contact with someone for seven days. It was torture.

"Fine," her mom mutters. "But you must be back before eleven tonight. If you are so much as one minutes late, I will ground you for the rest of the year, until graduation. Understood?"

She swallow, nodding her head. "Understood. May I go now?"

Her mom gives a flick of her hand. "Fine. But remember. Eleven."

"Eleven," Drew grins, walking over and pecking her mom on the cheek as goodbye. "See you!" Then she grabs her bag and runs out the door, smiling wickedly to herself as she rounds down the driveway and toward Lisa's car waiting by the curb.

"Go!" Drew grins as she jumps into the passenger seat. "Before my mom changes her mind." Lisa laughs and peels away, shaking her head as the other girl reaches over to turn up the radio.

They made small talk and little squeals on the way to the venue, both girls proclaiming their excitement for the night's activities. Lisa told the other girl that Kennedy said John had cooked up some news songs and they may be rough, but they were gonna play them tonight. That put Drew on the edge of her seat, thinking maybe one song was associated with her.

"Do you think so?" the shorter girl gushes. "What if he really wrote song for me?"

"That'd be sick!" her friend immediately backfires. "If only Kennedy could sing and write songs. Wouldn't that be amazing?" Drew just giggles and rolls her eyes, her heart pounding as they got closer and closer to the venue.

When they got there, they saw there was a line of about twenty people waiting to get in. Their faces crumpled. "Damn, do we have to wait in that?" Lisa groans, banging her hands on the steering wheel.

"Nope!" she grins, pointing at the door. "Garrett is right there."

They get out of Lisa's car, all but running toward Garrett at the entrance. He grins when he sees them and they hug as greeting. "Took you guys long enough!" he complains. "We go on in like fifteen minutes. What took so long?" He shows his pass to the bouncer and he lets them in, the smell of sweat and alcohol hitting Drew in the face. But the venue was nice enough, with lots of room in front of the stage, where a group of people were already gathered.

"My mom is a pain in the ass," Drew shrugs. "Gotta love her." He laughs and leads them around the bar. He didn't take the girls backstage, but off to the side where there was a clear view of the entire stage. They wouldn't get stuck in the group of other people, so it was a place where they could enjoy themselves without getting elbowed in the face.

"Thanks," Lisa grins. "Better get backstage."

Garrett nods. "Enjoy the show!" He then salutes before running off.

"Water?" Lisa asks, taking a couple bucks out of her wallet. "We're gonna get real thirsty, real fast." Drew nods and she tells her to wait here before walking off toward the bar to get the drinks. The other girl sits down on a speaker in front of the stage, blowing hair out of her face as she waits.

It was a few moments later that she caught movement out of the corner of her eye. Drew glances over and grins when she sees John, her heart fluttering as he waves at her. She waves back and he blows a kiss.

"Are you two dating?"

Drew looks over at the girl who asked. She recognized her as she squints her eyes. The girl was behind the barrier, right in the front. Drew immediately knew who she was when she spotted the necklace around her neck. It was Jessica Ramsey, Joey's younger cousin who was a sophomore. She was nice, but was a bit rude when it came to Drew. Jessica never liked her, and judging by the tone of her voice, the Hemingway girl could tell she disliked her more now that she knew she was with John.

"Yeah," she nods, deciding to play nice. "We are. How are you, Jessica?"

Said girl shrugs and a few of her friends squished behind her in the crowd snickered. Drew doesn't even react. "I'm all right. John's a cutie. Be glad you have him."

"Oh, I am."

She attempts to make sure the snotty tone in her voice wasn't too awful, but luckily, Lisa came right then, holding three water bottles in hand. Drew thanks her and turns away from Jessica, pretending she wasn't even there. And anyway, the lights were starting to go down.

"Show time!" Lisa squeals from beside her friend. Drew laughs at her reaction.

They see the five guys run onstage, John going toward the center where his mic stand was. His girlfriend grins as the light shines over the guys, the crowd clapping and screaming. "Hey, Tempe!" John yells into his mic. Drew felt like her face was gonna split in two from how wide she was smiling. "How you feeling tonight?" The crowd goes crazy again as Pat hits the drums a few times.

"We're gonna start the show off with one of my favorite covers, I Wanna Love You," John tells them. They scream and scream again before they start the song.

As John sang, Drew couldn't help but just melt.

His voice was like butter mixed with asphalt. It was a different combination, like his voice was smooth but had the gritty, gravelly aspect as well. She wanted to just drown herself in it as he continued to sing. "My Lord," she breathes, fanning at herself. She wasn't sweating because it was hot.

After they had sang that, and another song called The Town's Been Talkin, John goes back to his stand and looks out over the entire audience. They go a tad insane over it.

"So, everyone, I must say..." he breathes heavily, "I have a special lady in my life."

Immediately, Drew felt her cheeks go a deep red. A couple people right in the front look over at her since they had heard the discussion between Jessica and her and that made Drew's blush go even redder. John grins as he looks over at his "special lady" and she uses her hands to hide her face. "Her name is Drew," he continues on. "And she's amazing. I wrote this song for you, gorgeous."

She bites her bottom lip as the beginning chords start, her heart thrumming as he starts to sing.

The boys they have their eyes all over you
And you're loving every second of attention
I need to find just some way to get through
Or at least some way that I can mention


Drew instantly knew that the "boys" in the song were meant to be pertaining to Joey. She knew that when it came to her ex-boyfriend, it was a touchy subject with John. She could tell he was insanely jealous about her relationship with him.

I'm feeling you, you feeling me?
What exactly is holding us back?
I'm feeling you, are you feeling me?
Just give me something, gimme gimme gimme anything


Drew grins at these lyrics. Now that she thinks on it, what was holding them back when they first started to feel things for each other? Beside the whole family feud, why didn't they ever just go for it?

Oh, it's you and it's true; you're electric, I can't get over it
Oh, it's you and it's true; you're electric, I can't get over it
I can't get over it

You're running through my veins
You feel like a freight train
I'm trying everything to keep my hands off you
So give me somethin', please, just give me anything 'cause I want you


Beside her, Lisa was dancing like crazy as she made funny faces at Kennedy, who would just laugh at her and keep playing. Drew only had eyes on John, who would gaze over at her every few seconds as if to say he meant every word he sang. And she believed him.

And oh no, I think I lost myself in your deep blue eyes
And oh no, I think it's time we cut to the chase tonight
Oh, it's you and it's true; you're electric, I can't get over it
Oh, it's you and it's true; you're electric, I can't get over it
I can't get over it

I'm feeling you, you feeling me?
What exactly is holding us back?
I'm feeling you, are you feeling me?

I'm feeling you, you feeling me?
What exactly is holding us back?
I'm feeling you, are you feeling me?


Drew felt like she was gonna pass out as the song comes to a close after they did the chorus a couple more times. It was like she was on cloud nine, having a song written for her by none other than John O'Callaghan. It was surreal but she felt like she could just do a giddy dance from how ecstatic she was. Lisa was clearly reveling in it too.

"Oh my Lord!" she grins. "He wrote a song for it! It was perfect. I can't even begin to explain how adorable that is, holy shit..."

Drew laughs. "Lees, calm down it's just a song."

"A song," Lisa contradicts. "That's a big deal. You don't understand, Drew. Were you not listening to those lyrics? He's liked you for a long time and I don't think he'll ever be willing to let you go."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, I am SO sorry it took me so long to get this out. I have been so busy and I haven't written in what feels like forever so I apologize if this chapter is shitty as all get out but I hope you can forgive me. Things should be back to normal around mid-November, so cross your fingers! And thoughts?

P.S. The song, if you didn't get that, was Give Me Anything. From The Way We Talk EP.
P.P.S. I have a new story out (based off of the P.S. abbrevation) titled Post Script. It's about Alex Gaskarth and you guys should check it out!

somebody_who_cares
A-Book-Of-You-And-Me
xoxo_aj_xoxo
sailor of the skies.
becauseiamfree
megga16
thescenekid
xxJilliann
captain of my soul;