Start a Revolution

t h i r t y

Drew didn't know what to do or how to feel.

Well, she know how she felt she just didn't want to feel this way.

All she felt was hurt. Hurt and anger and sadness and sorrow and pity and she was wallowing in it. Practically bathing it, drowning in it, and she couldn't swim out of it. The current was too strong and she sinking, sinking, sinking...

Her tears had soaked through her pillow. She couldn't even bury her face in it anymore so she threw it on the ground awhile again. Now she was just on her sheets, crying into her mattress like her life depended on it and there nothing that anyone could say or do that would make her feel better. All she wanted was John and John was gone.

He left without so much as a look back at her.

What was she supposed to do? Act like her family was wrong? Act like her flesh and blood were the bad guys in this situation? She had to play the devil's advocate. Her family is her family and there was no way she could just turn her back on them completely.

Granted, she may have dated the son of her parents' enemies, but that didn't mean she still didn't believe her sister was innocent.

Well, not totally innocent.

Annie was underage at the time so she shouldn't have been drinking. And no one knows why or how Kyle had gotten hit so there was nothing to go off of. But Drew believes with one-hundred percent of her heart that Annie would never purposely kill someone.

Her family was good people. That she knew for a fact.

But losing John...

She closes her eyes, squeezes them shut tight, and thinks back to the very last words he said to her before he stormed out of her house; out of her life.

I can't...I can't even look at you.

Was it really worth it?

After everything they'd been through: sneaking around, keeping everything a secret, creating hiding places in order to see each other...and it was gone just like that? Because of one mishap that didn't concern either of them?

Except for the small fact that their parents found out and neither of them want the two teenagers to be together. Which shouldn't be a deciding factor of their relationship.

Drew buries her face against her mattress again, feeling the tears return, thick and painful. She felt like she had cried a lake in just the past hour. Her heart pounded against her rib cage as she thought about what the future held for her John; or, lack of future if anything.

Suddenly, she hears a tentative knock on her bedroom door.

She shoots into a sitting position, wiping at her eyes. "John?"

The door is pushed open and Drew slouches back down when she is greeted with the sight of Joey, not John. Her ex-boyfriend looked good, his dark hair pushed up in a styled position, his green eyes twinkling as they landed on her. His polo was clean and wrinkle-free and his khakis shaped his bottom half perfectly. But it was too put-together.

He wasn't messy like John was. John was perfectly messy; like he'd taken the time to look flawed.

"Hey gorgeous," Joey greets with his Southern drawl. He walks into her arm hesitantly. "May I enter your humble abode?"

Drew sniffs. "If you'd like to."

He nods. "I'd like to." He doesn't close the door behind; no point since she was home alone. "I heard you left school early so I ditched my lunch period to come see you." He sits down on her bed beside her, placing a calming hand on her leg. "What's wrong, kitten?"

She shakes her head. "I'm not in the mood to talk about it."

He sighs. "You know you can tell me anything."

Drew looks over at her old flame, shaking her head again. "This isn't something I should be talking about with you." She turns her head away, curling her body into her arms.

Joey sighs, moving his hand to her back. "Drew. Something is on your mind. Talk to me." He raises his brows when she doesn't respond. Finally, she moves her head a tad to lock gazes with him. He lets out a small sigh, glancing at his watch exaggeratedly. She blows out a breath before sitting up.

"Fine," she mutters.

He smiles, turning his body so they were fully facing each other.

"John, uhm..." Drew stutters, breathing heavily. "John and I broke up."

Joey stays still for a moment. He wanted so badly to let his lips curl up, to smile and laugh and bask in his triumph but instead he forces himself to frown and his brows crinkle. "Oh," he says with fake sadness dripping from his mouth like saliva. "Drew." He opens his arms and, after a small moment of hesitation, she falls against his chest. He wraps her into him, Joey finally letting himself smile when she could no longer see his face.

All it took was the press of a button.

All Joey had to do was send the picture he took of John and Drew to their parents and everything fell into place. The parents confronted the two teens, arguments ensued, sides were taken, and then John and Drew were over. All it took was a couple of things dialed into his cell phone and Joey was steps away from getting what he wanted.

Drew.

Now, he wasn't planning on telling her it was him who told her parents that she and John had been sneaking around. No, no. She would hate him for it.

But that doesn't mean he wasn't going to tell her she shouldn't have been with John. Because she shouldn't have been with John. She should've been with him. Joey and Drew should have been together since the start. But O'Callaghan just had to get in the way.

But it's okay.

Everything was good again.

Drew could hear Joey's heartbeat in her ear. He was holding her too tight for her liking, but she accepted the comfort. Maybe, just maybe, everything could be okay again.

Right?
♠ ♠ ♠
This will not go past chapter 35. Or, maybe it won't. It depends.
Thoughts?

xxJilliann
megga16 (x2)
xoxo_aj_xoxo
jalexisreal85
becauseiamfree
MedicatedDreams
IndigoGirl8123
Nerdasaurous
fyeahmcdunna
A-Book-Of-You-And-Me
SennyLivesForMusic
Run.Away