Flirting with Danger Bk 1

Ulcers p2

“No, you haven’t asked me to be your girlfriend.” I was confused and he seemed even more confused. What’s his problem? He’s never uttered a word about being together. I thought.

“When I kissed your hand I thought that when you blushed, that meant you liked me. And since I liked you, I figured we were together.” He explained it like I should have known all along.

“No, I can’t read your mind, Dave. I’m sorry you have to find out like this, but I don’t like you like that. Next time when you want a girl to be with you, actually ask her. I promise, it’ll go smoother.” I was really sorry, but I couldn’t be with him. I also couldn’t dance with him after this so I walked off the floor and assumed my regular position on the bleachers.

Dave also walked off the floor, but went to the opposite end of the bleachers, not looking at me. I sighed deeply. Man, I was having a lot of guy trouble; the most I had ever had in my whole entire life. How was I going to do this?

Well I’ll try what Sue said first, but if that doesn’t work and Connelly hasn’t made a move, then I’ll go after Louis. I thought resolutely, relaxing for a long and boring gym period.

“You’re just having all kinds of guy trouble this year.” said Sue, echoing my thoughts as we walked to the car.

“Yeah; I guess it’s just not my year. —Oh, what did Ivan say?” I asked.

“He said that Connelly was fine and that you needed to calm down or you’re going to get an ulcer.” she smiled at me.

“Yeah?”

“Yeah, and he said for you to take deep breaths.” she dramatically took really big deep breaths. I laughed and she joined in.

“Oh, I think I’m getting light headed.” she put a hand to her head and then we busted out laughing again.

“Ivan’s a good guy.” I said when I could breathe without giggling.

“Yeah, he’s great. I like him a lot.” she blushed as she said this. Then just when we were pulling into my driveway my phone started ringing and, seeing that it was Dale, I flipped it open.

“Yeah?” I said.

“Kota, there’s a party going on at the lake. Wanna come? Me, Chase, and Louis are all going to be there. Oh, it looks like a pretty good sized crowd. We’re here now.” Dale said and I could hear Chase give a whoop of happiness and Louis laugh.

“Yeah, sure. We’ll be there in a bit.” I said, smiling and looking over at Sue. She gave me a questioning look.

“K. See you here.” Dale said and hung up.

“You up for a party at the lake?” I asked, shutting my phone and getting out of the car.

“Sure! Which lake is it?” Sue asked, following after me.

“Lake Ivy.” I said and she smiled, running off to her house. I continued into my own house and once inside, I saw mom coming into the living room.

“Hey mom, I’m going to a party out on Lake Ivy.” I said, stepping on the first stair step.

“Be home before curfew and call me when you’re on your way.” she said and smiled at me.

“You bet.” I smiled back and bounded up the stairs to my room. I dashed to my dresser and pulled out a bikini. It had a bandeau top with the straps tying behind my neck and string bikini bottoms. Then I went to the mirror and looked myself over. The bikini was all black, sleek and sexy, or at least that was what it was supposed to be.

To tell the truth, it kind of made my breasts look even smaller than they already were. But at least I still looked good. I mean I was a size five and had a good looking stomach and legs, so it was fine. I brushed my hair and then messed with it so it looked windswept, removed my regular mascara and applied the waterproof one. Then, after I grabbed my sunglasses, a beach towel, my purse, and slipped on some flip flops, I ran out the door.

Sue was already in the car, wearing a sporty blue bikini and her blonde hair in loose pigtails. She smiled as I climbed in and then we were off, singing to blasting music. Lake Ivy wasn’t that far from where we lived and it didn’t take that long to get there.

“Whoa.” I said as we pulled in.

“Now that’s a party.” said Sue.

“Yeah.” I agreed. Dale had said it was crowded, but I didn’t know it was this crowded. It was about a hundred people. Maybe more. We got out and the loud music was overwhelming. Avenged Sevenfold, I recognized as we started for the beach.

It seemed like the whole school was there, but I knew better than that. There were over two hundred kids just in my junior year. We entered the throng of people and pushed our way towards the water.

“Kota! Kota, over here!” I heard someone call and looked over to see Louis and Dale. Dale was waving for us to come over and Louis waved too. I smiled and we ran over.

As we walked over, Louis looked me over with a very approving grin. “Hey.” he said as I came to stop in front of him.

“Hey.” I said, smiling and trying not to laugh. This is going to be fun. I thought.

“So, do you know whose party this is?” asked Sue.

“No, but I’m pretty sure we’ll figure it out.” said Dale, smiling at us. Then he scooped Sue up and threw her into the lake, Sue screaming when she went in, but laughing when she came up.

Louis then looked at me, a mischievous gleam in his eye, and started walking towards me. I laughed a little and said, “Uh-uh. I don’t think so. Don’t even think about it, Louis.” I said, backing up, my hands in front of me.

“Oops. Too late.” he said and laughed as he lunged at me. He scooped me up and threw me in before I even had a chance to struggle. Then they all jumped in after us and we swam to the buoys. We chased each other around, wrestled in the water and tried standing on the buoys longer than each other.

“Phew! I’m thirsty.” I said after falling off the buoys for the fifth time.

“Yeah, I’m starving. Let’s go up to the beach.” Dale agreed and we all raced to the beach.