Flirting with Danger Bk 1

News p2

“Yes. I doubt Rudi has had any experience with slayers, so he would probably leave the girls alone.” said Ivan, furrowing his brows and putting his hand on his chin, thinking.
“But one slayer won’t stop Rudi. He is one slayer, and alone he has no chance against Rudi.” said Connelly.
“Maybe not, but if indeed Rudi hasn’t had any contact with one, it will definitely put him on guard. He’ll probably back off for a while, collecting information and assessing all his options. And that could give us time to get ready for when he makes his move.” said Mathias, looking down and thinking hard.
“Well, for the immediate time, what do we do about Kota and Sue?” Connelly asked, looking at Mathias.
“Keep close to them and make sure you don’t push the slayer away from them. They need all the protection they can get because, no matter how much I hate to admit it, you may not be able to be with them the whole time.” Mathias looked at both Ivan and Connelly, who were looking back with surprise and astonishment.
“You’re still needed here boys. You not only need to protect each other, but Moran as well. And I have no doubt that Rudi will either have a few more people coming with him or he will find some when he reaches here.” Ivan and Connelly looked down when Mathias said this. They knew they couldn’t be there for the girls as much as they wanted, but Connelly was determined to try.
“I’m sorry boys.” Mathias said and the twins nodded. There was silence for a few minutes as everyone looked down, wondering what everything would turn out like.
“Well, how long until Moran and Rudi get here?” Alister asked, looking at Ivan.
“A few hours.” Ivan said, looking at him and then leaning back in his chair.
“Well, I’m going to go hunt.” said Alister, him and Mira standing up to go.
“How could you think about eating at a time like this? My stomach’s so upset, I couldn’t handle eating anything.” said Aubrey, looking down at her stomach as she and Vincent brought over the rest of the food.
“Because we have to be as ready as we can by the time they get here because while he’s here, we’ll have to be constantly ready for anything.” Alister said strongly, looking at Aubrey.
“Which means hunting every day.” Mira added, looking at them all before following after Alister.
“You’re still going to eat this breakfast!” Amelia called after them and then sighed, looking at all the food.
Connelly looked after them and understood how they were thinking. They had to shut down the side of them that harbored emotion for the most part to do what they did. They couldn’t waste time with petty emotions that only got in the way of their thoughts and concentration.
“I agree. We all need to be ready.” said Mathias and walked after Mira and Alister, followed by everyone else.
Their property included almost a thousand acres fenced with loose barbed wire. For what they used it for, there was no reason to try and keep animals out. No, they didn’t want that.
As they headed out, Connelly’s mind turned back to Rudi. Yes, he had to be ready. He had to show Rudi just how dangerous he really was. And if he laid a hand on Kota or even looked at her, well that would be the end of it. There was suddenly a pat on his back and he looked over at Ivan. He looked at Connelly and nodded, a smile on his face that said he was with him. Connelly smiled back and then they ran after the others.
Yes, together they would be the most dangerous pair of vampires Rudi had ever seen. Together, they would all end Rudi. This thought brought Connelly a little more happiness as he trotted after the others.
He let his instincts take over then, readying himself for the hunt to come. His senses became more acute, aware of every sweep of a branch, every smell wafting through the breeze, and even the rapid heartbeat of a butterfly near.
His cherry eyes turned blood red, shining in the dark aura surrounding him, completely obscuring the moonlight from his skin. His skin released the black cloud of noxious gas that billowed like a fog out behind and around him like a cape trailing the ground. And the gas fell from his mouth and nostrils with every breath.