Status: El Fin.

Temporary Bliss

Yet we’re still so ***ing young, so we’ll party like it’s our last day.

Hi, my name’s Charlotte, some people call me Scarlet, Scar for short.; I could care less, whatever floats your boat. I’m terrible at introductions, so this might seem a little awkward. I’m average height; 5 foot 5 inches--last time I checked. I have green eyes and wavy brown hair with caramel highlights that falls right below my shoulders. I play soccer and that’s about it, I used to play tennis, but when high school came around I had to pick one. I do run cross country in the fall to keep me in shape for soccer. Oh yeah, I’m eighteen, which means I’m a senior; well I just finished my junior year, thank god. I live in Poway, California. Honestly, I love it here, it’s small, but not too small. It’s comforting. I have an older brother, his name’s John, but I never see him, he’s in college. He’s 3 years older than me and studying abroad in London; lucky right?

I have a best friend, her name’s Caroline. She’s gorgeous, but she doesn’t always believe it. She has blond hair that ends right above her shoulders, and she’s the same age, and same height. People mistake us as cousins for looking alike, but we’re not. She’s not really being a best friend right now though seeing as she left me alone at this party. We’re down at the beach, it’s the first day of summer, after summer was senior year, finally. Unlike Caroline, I don’t drink. She wandered off somewhere with her boyfriend Zach, telling me I had to stay here because she was going to be right back with someone. I got tired of standing so I sat down in the sand next to the bonfire, feeling the nice warm heat from the fire on my face, it was one of my favorite feelings. A few minutes later, thirty minutes after Caroline left me, I heard someone calling my name from behind. I turned my head and part of my body to see Caroline, Zach and some guy I didn’t know walking towards me. I stood up and dusted the sand off of my butt and hands just in time for them to stand in front of me.

“Hey, there you are, I was starting to think you weren‘t coming back.” I smiled, crossing my arms in front of my chest. I glanced at the guy I didn’t know, noticing his bright green eyes first. He had the same dark brown color of hair as Zach did, only unlike Zach’s barley wavy hair, this guy’s was a definite wave, almost curly. I smiled at him and said a quick hello to Zach.

“Sorry.” Caroline apologized, a cup of alcohol in her hand. “This is Cameron, he‘s Zach‘s friend. Zach and I both figured you could hang out together tonight.”
I nodded, a little unsure. Were they trying to set us up? I glanced at Zach, who smiled and winked; he would.

“Cameron this is Charlotte. Get to know each other.” she said as she pushed him towards me a little. Then as soon as she appeared, her and Zach were gone.

I turned my body to fully face Cameron and smiled, “It‘s nice to meet you.” I greeted, shaking his hand.

“It‘s nice to meet you to, Charlotte.” he smiled, and oh my was it a wonderful smile. He gestured to the sand that I was sitting on moments ago, so we both sat down. I propped my feet up and rested my elbows on my knees, Cameron doing the same.

“They‘re such a cute couple, right?” Cameron started, breaking the awkward silence; referring to Zach and Caroline.

“Yeah, adorable…it‘s almost sickening!” I agreed. “So you‘re Zach‘s friend? How long have you known him?”

“Yeah, since seventh grade when I moved into the house next to him. We‘ve never gone to the same school, but I‘m transferring to Poway High this year.”

“Oh yeah? That‘s where I go!”

He smiled, “Caroline told me.”

I chuckled, “What else has she told you?”

“Not too much, and nothing embarrassing; don‘t worry.”

The way the fire reflected off his smiling emerald green eyes was breathtaking, “You have really pretty eyes.” I blurted out before I could stop myself.

“Thanks…I-I like yours too.” he said awkwardly.

“I bet girls fall all over you for those.”

He shrugged and didn’t say anything, clearly not wanting to answer the question; which made me wonder if I said something wrong.

“I, uh, I um, not much of a ladies man.” he confessed, rubbing his chin with his fingertips.

“I don‘t attract the ladies either.” I joke, throwing him a wink.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Title credit:
We'll All Be by The Maine

Fiiiiiiiirst chapter. I'm excited for this story! Just to be clear, the part you read on the summary page is a snippit that will occur later in the story. (Just so there's no confusion!)

You should drop me a comment HERE because I'm really anxious to know your thoughts on this so far!
And, if you haven't already, subscribe to this story HERE so you can be notified right when I update!

So bummed I'm not in Iowa City to see We The Kings, The Summer Set & The Downtown Fiction :(
AND on top of that, The Brady Bunch wasn't on RTV this morning.
Life goes on, I suppose~

Enough rambling, I've gotta get back to baking cookies with my brother. I just heard an 'Uh-oh.' which means he probably burnt a batch haha!

I love you all for reading this!
-Shandra