Status: El Fin.

Temporary Bliss

Don't you ever give up on us, my dear.

Friday came sooner than I wanted. I wasn’t exactly thrilled about tonight. You see, our football team was playing our rivals, Michael’s school. He would probably be there, and I wasn’t really looking forward to seeing him. He had called in sick the past two times we were supposed to work together, fucking wussy.

The whole way to the football stadium I kept praying that I wouldn’t see Michael.

The worst part is…I still hadn’t told Cameron about that kiss.

I glanced over at him driving and saw him quietly singing along to the radio. I don’t know why I didn’t tell him, I didn’t kiss Michael. HE kissed me. Something in the back of my mind was telling me that I didn‘t tell Cameron because maybe, just maybe, I liked the kiss, therefore I was guilty.

“Cameron?” I spoke up.

He looked over at me and smiled, “Yes?”

“I love you.” I smiled.

His hand grabbed mine and he brought it to his lips and gave it a quick kiss. “I love you, too, Scar.”

I gave his hand a quick squeeze and smiled as I looked out the window. I loved hearing him say that, I felt like the luckiest girl on earth.

After finding a parking spot a block away we walked towards the stadium. As we got closer I could hear the drums from the band and cheering from the crowd.

I glanced up at Cameron, “I think we’re late.”

“We’re most definitely late.”

“Zach and Caroline better have saved us seats.”

After paying for admission and walking to the visitor side of the bleachers, we found Zach and Caroline in the student section with two empty seats next to them.

“You two made out in the car a little too long, you missed the first few minutes!” Zach teased once we arrived. Cameron and I both rolled our eyes.

“How on earth did you know? Were you two spying on us?” I played along.

“No, we‘re just good guessers.” Caroline grinned, sitting up a little straighter. Well you guessed wrong

Caroline and I sat next to each other and Cameron and Zach sat next to each other. Since Caroline and I weren’t that into football we ended up talking the entire time. At the end of the first half our team was in the lead and caroline and I were talking about plans to go out to lunch and to the mall this weekend when Zach interrupted us.

“Hey babe, I’m going to head down to the concessions, did you want anything?”

“What are you getting?” Caroline asked.

“I‘ll probably just get nachos or something.”

“Can I just have some of yours?”

“Of course.” he smiled, leaning down to give her a quick kiss. “I’ll be right back.”

“Wait! I wanna go with you!” she quickly stood up and chased after him.

Cameron scooted over towards me, “They‘re probably not going to get something to eat.” Cameron joked.

“I wouldn‘t doubt it. They always tease us so much about PDA, when really they show more than us!”

“I think we need to start living up to what they say, or teasing them more about it.”

“Or both.” I smiled, pressing my lips to his. I quickly pulled back, realizing something was definitely off about that kiss.

“Hey, you okay?” he asked concerned.

“Yeah, I‘m fine. I just realized all the people around us.” I laughed, it was partially true. “I‘m going to run to the bathroom real quick, alright?”

“Mind if I walk you?” I shook my head and we got up heading to the bathroom.

I walked into the bathroom, noticing it was quite empty; usually everyone went to the bathroom until half-time. I didn’t even have to go to the bathroom, I just needed to get away from Cameron and figure out what the hell was wrong with me.

It was almost as if that spark was dying out. I honestly felt like Peter Pan, when Tinkerbelle starts to lose her glow and Peter tries his hardest to bring it back. That was it. Exactly. To the tee. I had been so close to Cameron this past week, trying to keep this spark inside of me when I was with him. But it just wasn’t working anymore.

Everything is not fine.

I looked in the mirror at myself, resting my hands on the counter. I sighed, I looked the same, I just didn’t feel the same. Which sucks, a lot.

I walked out of the bathroom and saw Cameron leaning up against the wall. His lips just looked so damn inviting, why didn’t it feel that way? He smiled when he saw me, I marched on up to him and kissed him, making sure my mind was only focused on him, and you know what, that spark was back.

I pulled away and smiled. “Ready to head back?” He nodded and I laced my fingers with his. Two seconds later I bumped into someone while looking at all the bugs swarming the stadium lights, something that always fascinated, yet disgusted me.

“Oh, I‘m sorry!” I apologized, then I realized who it was. “Oh, hey Michael.” I forced those words out of my mouth.

“Hey, Charlotte! Funny running into you, literally.” he laughed easily.

“Yeah, you remember my boyfriend, Cameron?”

“Sure do!” he smiled, shaking Cameron’s hand.

“Nice to see you again, Michael.” I stared down at my feet, avoiding eye contact with Michael at all costs.

“You mind if I steel your girlfriend from you for a little? I need to talk to her about our work schedule, swap some days and stuff.”

“Go for it, I‘ll meet you back at our seat, Scar.” he smiled.

“You know, this can wait, you have my number, you can call me or text me, I really wanna watch the game. And I shouldn’t be seen with you, since we‘re rivals and all.” I lied about wanting to watch the game, “good luck to your team!” I said quickly, right before Cameron walked away.

Cameron gave me a questioning look as we walked away, “Are you two on bad terms?”

“No, we‘re fine.” I lied, giving him a reassuring smile. I honestly didn’t know if Michael and I were on good terms or not.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Title Credit:
Don't Give Up On Us by The Maine.

~I'm sorry this took so long! I'm really excited for the next chapterrrrrr. I was going to combine it with this one, but I'm evil so I didn't. ;)

~I SAW THE MAINE AGAIN YESTERDAY! unfffff. that whole band. Pat Kirch is so cute I'm going to die. I had Pat and Kennedy all to myself for like 10 minutes after the show because I didn't stay for the TBS encore. And I had Johno to myself for a while too. AND GARRETT IS MY NEW FAVORITE OF THE BAND. ajfiejf.

~I get my wisdom teeth taken out tomorrow :( I'm so fucking scared, man. I've never been put under before and that's what I'm mostly scared of.

Thank you for commenting!

VegasJonasLuver
xxErika411xx
ayeitsaleciaa
marylove2013
musiclover14
nessiii23
xJonasAdub1DAmaze
adubfan14
the oracle of delphi
Addicted2Adub
june1998
katiecutting
quackers21
Anushka
fifi2194
MrsSmartBlondie
ABubLover17
chelseyallstar
Kelseyyy_rose

I know that you all know what to put HERE ;)