Status: El Fin.

Temporary Bliss

We go together like the winter and a sweater.

I felt myself relax a little, that voice didn‘t belong to my mother or my father. A sly smile appeared on my face as I slowly turned around to face the source of the voice.

“In all the letters we exchanged, you never once told me you started sneaking out. I‘m so disappointed, Charlotte, I thought we told each other everything.”

“Hi, John.” I smiled as I stepped back down the stairs, where he was now standing and wrapped my arms around him, giving him a tight hug.

“I really freaked you out huh? You totally thought I was dad.” he chuckled.

I pulled out of the hug and placed my finger over my lips as I pointed upstairs. We quietly crept up the stairs so we wouldn’t wake our parents up. I went to my room and he went to his, I changed into my pajamas then crept to his room, pushing open his bedroom door.

“When did you get home?” I asked, sitting down on the edge of his bed.

“Thirty or so minutes before you did.” he grinned, “I saw you down at the diner, I thought it looked like you, so I came home, checked your room and you were gone, so I decided to wait up.”

“Well thanks for the mini heart attack.” I said sarcastically.

“Still as sarcastic as ever. My baby sister hasn‘t changed! Was that Cameron, the guy you were with?”

My happy smile turned into a nervous one, I poked at my lip a little with my finger before biting at my nail. “No.” I said under my breath.

“Well who was it?”

“Just a friend…I work with him, his name‘s Michael.”

He nodded, though his eyebrows were furrowed showing confusion, “So when did you start sneaking out?”

“Last month.” I squeaked, smiling up at him.

He laughed, making sure to stay quiet, “Why didn‘t you tell me?!”

“I don‘t know…sorry.”

“Well what else don‘t I know?”

Oh, nothing really, just that I’m cheating on my boyfriend.

Yeah, no way in hell was I telling him that, especially since Cameron was coming over for Christmas.

“Nothing, I‘ve told you everything else. I swear.” I said as I held up my hand, signaling I wasn’t lying.

He narrowed his eyes at me, “Say bible.” That was our thing; we had to say it so the other person knew we weren’t lying about something.

“Bible.” I said, staring intently back into his eyes that were burning holes right through me.

The corners of his mouth tweaked up a little as a smile crept onto his face, “Gahh, alright, I believe you!” he grinned, laughing.

“Hey, I‘m gonna head to bed, sneaking out really wears me out.” I said patting his knee as I stood up.

“Night, Scarlett.”

“Goodnight, John. And now that you know my secret, no more waiting up for me pretending to be dad. You can do it when you have your own kids.”

He chuckled, “Get out of my room.”

I woke up Christmas morning and rolled over to check the time, squinting my eyes from the bright sun shining through the windows, ten o’clock, right on the dot. I literally rolled out of bed, exhausted from my practically sleepless night. My feet hit the carpet and I used my arms and the bed to lazily straighten myself up.

I ran my fingers through my hair as I walked over to the window glancing outside, the sun was out, not a cloud in sight, and there was a slight breeze. It looked gorgeous for December. I sauntered over to my dresser, grabbed some jeans and an off the shoulder shirt then headed into my bathroom to shower and get ready for the day.

I knew very well that brunch was at 11, which gave me an hour to get ready. Every year my mom made her delicious cinnamon rolls, we only got them on Christmas and Easter, so you wanted to make it to the table right on time to get one right out of the oven.

After my shower I blow dried my hair, straitening it after, then applied my makeup. I looked at the clock as I finished up, 10:59. I darted out of my room and down the stairs. I slowed my pace as I walked into the kitchen, greeting my family with a smile.

“Someone‘s up late!” My mom cheered.

“Stay up late last night, Charlotte?” John asked, a smirk evident on his face.

I widened my eyes at him, shooting him a ‘don’t you dare’ look. “Yeah, I stayed up cleaning my room.” I lied.

“Were you up when John got home?” my dad asked.

“Yeah, we caught up a little bit.” I smiled as we all sat down, my mom placing the fresh cinnamon rolls on the table.

“They smell amazing, mom!” John smiled, scooting his chair a little closer to the table.

“Well maybe you should move back home and you’d get to enjoy them more often!” my mom smiled.

After we had all started eating my mom spoke up, making conversation, “What time is Cameron coming over, dear?”

“Four-ish.” I said, taking a drink of my high pulp orange juice. “What time do you think dinner is going to be ready?”

My mom looked to my dad for the answer, since he was the one that cooked the Christmas ham, “Ohhh.” he drug out, giving him time to think, “I‘d say a little before six.”

“I‘m ready to meet this Cameron guy, gotta scare him, to protect my sister of course.” John spoke up.

“That‘s not needed! He‘s a perfect gentleman, even dad approves.” putting emphasis on the word, dad.

He rolled his eyes and I quickly turned the conversation on him by asking how he liked studying in Europe.

After breakfast John and I cleaned up the kitchen with our mom while my dad put the ham in the oven. After that we all sat down in the living room to open up gifts.

After all of the gifts were open and the wrapping paper was thrown away I sat and talked with John while playing a few video games as I waited for four to roll around when Cameron would arrive.

Finally four rolled around, John and I were still in the basement talking when I heard the doorbell ring. John quickly stood up when I did and playfully shoved me back down and ran up the stairs to get the door before I did.

“Mom! Don‘t let John get the door!” I yelled as I ran up the stairs. I turned the corner and ran through the living room then made it to the front door…that John had already opened.

“Hi! You must be Cameron?” he greeted cheerfully; it was only a matter of time until the protective-brother-mode set in.

I stood back, listening in on their conversation, “Yeah, you must be John, Charlotte mentions you often.”

“Oh she does, does she?” he called out over his shoulder so I could hear. I walked up to them and John pulled me into a hug, “I love my baby sister.” he grinned. He pulled out of the hug and stepped in front of me, separating Cameron and I, “And if you hurt her, you‘ll be-” he intimidated but I quickly cut him off.

“John, I think dad just yelled your name.” I lied, pushing him away from Cameron.

“I‘ll talk with you later.” he narrowed his eyes at Cameron, who was just standing there smiling and nodded. Little did my brother know I was the one breaking Cameron’s heart. Oh boy.

“Sorry about that…” I smiled. “I tried to get to the door before him.”

He shrugged, “It‘s no problem. He‘s your brother, I understand.” He suddenly pulled a box from behind his back, extending it towards me. “Merry Christmas, Scar.” I smiled and took it from him.

“I have yours in the living room, we can go in there.”

I handed Cameron his gift and we both sat down on the couch. We had both agreed on making each other gifts. I opened mine first and saw a clay box with hearts painted all over it, I opened the box and saw a charm bracelet.

I looked up at him and smiled “Cam, I love it!”

I quickly picked it up out of the box and admired each charm, a racquet…since I hit him with one. A heart, obviously. And a fish, from when we went to the aquarium, there was room to add more, which I hoped I would be…if Michael butted out of the picture.

Cameron opened his and the first thing out of his mouth was a laugh, I quickly hid my head in my hands, peeking through my fingers.

“What is it?” he giggled holding the deformed stuffed animal in his hands.

“A giraffe…I‘m sorry. I know it looks terrible! I tried, I promise I did! That‘s like the tenth one I made!”

He stood up and pulled me up with him, bringing me into his chest as his muscular arms wrapped around me.

“I love it.” he whispered in my ear. “You remembered my favorite animal.” I stood there with my hands still in front of my face. “C‘mon Scar, hug me back, I love it, I promise.” he laughed.

I wrapped my arms around torso, “I‘m sorry it‘s not much…I mean your gift to me was cute, and I just made you a crappy giraffe…” I laughed awkwardly, embarrassed with myself.

“No! Don‘t be sorry, I can see how much work you put into it, it‘s a lot, so don’t say it’s not much.” he cupped my face in his hands and brought his lips down on mine. I kissed him back, concentrating on that little spark that was there. It was only a matter of time until it went out.

After dinner we all talked about whatever came to mind, and played a few games like clue, pictionary, catch phrase, and a few card games. Cameron and I headed up to my room at around eight.

We both sat down on my bed, “I‘m sorry about my brother…he‘s very, uh, protective.” I laughed awkwardly, referring to the glares sent by John.

“Yeah, I could kinda tell that. I guess I won‘t be breaking your heart, he‘ll kill me.”

“He‘s over in Europe, so you‘ll be safe until he gets back.” I smiled. It would just be so much easier if he broke things off with me, then I wouldn’t have to break his heart…if only.

“Well, I would never want to break your heart, so you don’t have to worry.” he winked. Michael always winks at me.

Why was it so hard to stay focused on Cameron? I forced thoughts of Michael out of my head as I fidgeted with the bracelet I got from Cameron.

He picked up his giraffe and made it talk to me, telling stupid jokes. I played along and watched the goofy smile on his face, it made me smile, and it warmed my heart how childish he could be. I took the giraffe from Cameron, which he named Charlotte, and set it off to the side.

“Hey! What was that for?”

I shook my head and smiled, leaning closer to him. I leaned on my hands in front of me and softly pressed my lips to his. I pulled back a little, leaving our lips barely touching, “I love you, Cameron.”

“I love you, too.” he whispered, cupping my face in his hands then kissed me passionately.

I pulled him by his shirt as I laid down, bringing him on top of me. A few minutes later I removed his shirt which caused him to quickly get off of me and sit up.

“Scar, your parents and brother are downstairs…”

“It doesn’t mean we have to do it. I just want to kiss the hell out of you.”

He winked as a smirk spread across his face, “We can‘t do that.”

“Cam.” I whined.

“You know I‘m right.” he said as he laid back. I sighed and got up, positioning myself next to him so my head was on his chest.

“I know.” I whispered, giving him a quick kiss on his chest. “Can you spend the night tonight?” I asked after a few minutes of silence.

“I wish I could. But there‘s no way our parents would allow that.”

“Why are you always such a gentleman?” I smiled, tracing the scar from his stitches, when I hit him in the face with the racquet.

His eyes closed and a small smile was on his face, “Because, you‘re my girlfriend, I should treat you the perfect way.”

I felt myself start to drift off to sleep, I was crazy tired from hardly sleeping the night before. And I could always count on Cameron to put me to sleep…it’s not that he was boring, he was just so cozy and snuggly and warm.

I felt Cameron move and set me on the bed, I opened my eyes and saw him putting on his shirt.

“What time is it?” I yawned.

“A little after ten, I need to get home.” he said soothingly, coming back over to the bed and giving me a kiss on the cheek. “I love you Scar.”

“Want me to walk you to the door?”

“nah, it‘s okay.” he smiled “Go back to sleep, I can tell you‘re tired.”

I smiled and nodded, “Night Cam, I love you.”

At that moment I realized I wasn’t going to allow myself to hang out with Michael anymore. I was devoting myself to Cameron only.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Title Credit:
Ho Ho Hopefully by The Maine

~Was it who you thought it was? Everyone seems to be mixed; you want her to stay with Cameron, but at the same time you want her to be with Michael. Hmmm.

~Not going to see Austin Gibbs tomorrow. It’s AUSTIN fucking GIBBS. And I can’t go. So fucking devastated.

I like waking up to your “good morning beautiful” text messages. And no matter how many times you’ve said “beautiful” or “cutie” at the end of a text I still blush like crazy. I like how when we video chat I’m still really shy around you and I have to hide my face a lot, and you just laugh and call me beautiful. And you count how many times you make me blush. I like how you always try and make me smile but I’m awkward so I bite my lip to try and hide it, and then you tell me not to hide it because you “love it so much”, even though I hate it. And I like how you tell me you can’t text at the moment when you’re driving because you know I’ll yell at you. I like when we talk on the phone at night and I almost fall asleep because your voice makes me tired, in a good way. I like when I convince you to sing to me over the phone. And I like how you ask me if I miss you, and I usually say no, but you know I'm kidding. I like how you laugh at my lame jokes. and I like how this all happened by accident.
…I just like you.

That was kind of sappy. I’m sorry. Haha. I just type what’s on my mind. And that’s what was on my mind.

Thank you for commenting, I love you all!

june1998
adubfan14
xxErika411xx
Addicted2Adub
NVB_Allstar16
nessiii23
VegasJonasLuver
ayeitsaleciaa
Kelseyyy_rose
Anushka
AllstarWeekendFan143
kristynannee
musiclover14
MsCameronQ806
ihavenoidentity
ddhoneybee123d

You can make comments HERE. :)