Status: El Fin.

Temporary Bliss

It isn’t safe to walk the city streets alone.

“I guess they don‘t want to hang out with us.” I shrugged.

“I‘d rather not hang out with them, they‘re all over each other ALL the time.” He glanced at me then walked down to the water where I was standing minutes ago. I followed and when he sat down I sat down next to him, close enough to the water so only our toes would get wet from the tide.

“So is your name Scarlet or Charlotte?” Cameron asked me, glancing over at me as his arms loosely hugged his knees that were propped up.

“It‘s Charlotte, but my friends call me Scarlet.” I clarified.

“Am I a friend?”

“I just met you.” I chuckled. “You‘re getting there.”

“So you really like the ocean, huh?” he concluded.

“Am I that obvious of a person?”

He shook his head, “Nah.”

“What gave it away then?”

“Earlier, before Caroline introduced us for the third time,” he laughed a little “I noticed you were standing down here, you just looked so fascinated by it.”

“You‘re good at reading people.”

He smiled a little, “You know, I get that a lot.”

We sat there talking for another hour, but it didn’t feel like it; time really flew by. I glanced at the clock and saw it was eleven, “I should really be getting home, my curfew is 11:30.” I said getting up. I dusted my butt off as Cameron stood up next to me.

“I‘ll walk you to your car, there‘s a lot of creeps out at night.”

“Actually, I didn‘t drive, Caroline did, and seeing as she probably shouldn‘t drive…I‘m in a pickle.”

“I could give you a ride, Zach can drive Caroline‘s car to his house, they‘re probably going to spend the night at his house anyway.”

“It‘s probably out of your way, you really don‘t have to, I can just call a cab.”

“C‘mon Charlotte, it‘s what friends do.”

I looked at him, unsure, for a while. I was uneasy about riding home with someone I just met a few hours ago. But, since Caroline and Zach trust him, I gave in and nodded, “Let me go find Caroline and Zach and tell them the plan.”

After finding them, Caroline sitting on Zach’s lap by the fire, with him whispering, most likely sweet nothings, in her ear and her giggling, I told you they were cute. We explained the plan then Cameron and I headed off to his car. We started walking farther and farther down the dimly lit street away from the beach.

“You know, if you wanted to kill me there was an ally back there, we don‘t have to keep walking farther out of sight.” I joked.

His elbow nudged my arm and he laughed, “Sorry it‘s not closer, the street was filled earlier tonight.”

“Don‘t you have valet parking or a driver? I mean, I‘m a princess, I can‘t walk this far.” I teased in a bratty voice.

He smiled and pressed the unlock button on his keychain, “You‘re funny, you have a good sense of humor.” He stopped walking on the side of a black mustang; “This is it.” he smiled, opening the passenger car door for me. “Hop on in.”

I placed my left foot in, and didn’t duck down far enough, resulting in me hitting my head on the top of the car, “Fuck.” I muttered. My eyes got wide, realizing I had just cussed in front of a boy. I had always been told ladies should never swear, but sometimes I slipped up, or a cuss word was needed. But I always made sure to never let one slip out in front of a boy. “Sorry for my language. That hurt.” I laughed out of embarrassment. I would hit my head getting into a cute guys car. “Your nice car isn‘t very nice.”

“Are you okay?” he asked urgently, though he was still laughing a little. His hand grabbed mine and gently pulled me back out of the car. His hands gently cupped my face and tilted my head down, examining the top of my head.

“There‘s no blood, you should be fine.”

“Thanks Doctor…” I drifted off, not knowing his last name.

“Quiseng.” he informed me.

“Thank you Doctor Quiseng.” I smiled before climbing back into his car.

“Watch your head.” he smirked. Once I was fully inside he shut the door and jogged over to the driver side. He climbed in and started up the car, “Any music preferences?” he asked before handing me his iTouch. I selected Maroon 5 and he immediately started singing along. I laughed lightly and watched him jam out. He glanced at me and smiled, “They‘re my favorite.”

I nodded and looked out the window, listening to him quietly sing along.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Title Credit:
Take Me Home Tonight by Eddie Money

So I went to the fair yesterday with my cousin and two of his friends and I got home at like 5. Early I know. And my mom texts me at like 10 since she’s out of town. This is how our conversation went.
Mom: Are you home?
Me: No. I’m with Ryan drinking lots of beer!!
Me: yes I’m home.
Me: My Friday nights include me + food + tv.
Mom: enjoy your night you nut. I just got asked for my ID, the lady didn’t think I was 21.

I don’t know what I’m more appalled at. The fact that my mom doesn’t know that spend my Friday nights watching TV after I’ve done it for months, or the fact that she’s out having a more lively night than I am. And she called me a nut?

Word on the street is that The Spill Canvas might be off of hiatus. Have you seen their last few tweets? KFLAJFOIEFJ. I’m going to die if they are. Alfoeifje.

“And don’t fucking move because everything you think you have will go to shit. We have a lot, don’t you dare forget that.”
--Broadripple is Burning by Margot & the Nuclear So and So

OH and I did this last night because I was bored: http://twitpic.com/6582v8

Thank you for commenting!
quackers21
xxErika411xx
xJonasAdubAmaze
oXmyworldXo
ABubLover17
ALLSTARLOVE333
Addicted2Adub
RawrFizzy
nessiii23 (longest comment ever.)
mandies
adubfan14
ayeitsaleciaa
quackers21
Anushka
OfficialMatilda96
MsCameronQ806

Ugh, do you guys hit your head when you get into a car too? Happens to me so often. But the worst is when you shut the car door/roll up the window on your hair. Since my hair is super duper long, it happens on every windy day. Hurts like a mo-fo.

Comments can be made HERE!