Status: El Fin.

Temporary Bliss

Calm your nerves now, don't worry, just breathe.

I opened the door and Zach’s head shot up, “Can you tell us what’s going on now?”

“Yeah, whatever, come in.”

Zach stepped in and quickly took his shoes off, Cameron doing the same.

“She’s really embarrassed, so you can’t laugh or anything, understand?” They both nodded and I continued, “She went and got a spray tan this morning, and let’s just say she’s going to go work for Willy Wonka now.”

Cameron’s eyes got wide and he let out a loud laugh, “Are you serious?”

“Yes!” I chuckled.

Zach turned toward Cameron and punched his arm, “She said don’t laugh! And I’m telling you not to laugh at my girlfriend!”

“Twenty bucks says you laugh when you see her.” Cameron smirked.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed Zach’s arm as I drug him up the stairs, “you two are not betting on this.” Cameron stayed down stairs since he laughed and I didn’t want him laughing in front of Caroline.

I knocked on her bedroom door, “Zach wants to see you.”

I heard her groan, “Whatever.”

I opened the door and stepped inside. Zach stepped in and just looked at her, fighting a smile.

“Zachary David Porter.” Caroline scolded, “Wipe that stupid smile off of your face, this isn’t funny!”

Zach walked over to her and engulfed her in his arms, “Aw, babe.” I cringed; here came the mush-gushy. “You still look beautiful.”

“Shut up.”

“I’m not kidding, why would I lie to you, huh?”

“I look stupid.”

“I still love you, though.” Zach cooed, pressing his lips to hers.

Caroline let out a small smile, “I love you, too.”

“You’ll be back to normal in no time, promise. Until then we can stay locked up in your room and cuddle while we watch movies.” Caroline smiled up at him and attacked his lips with hers.

“Oh my god, you two! I’m still in here. I’m going to throw up, stop it!” I shuddered and ran out of the room, closing the door behind me.

I pranced down the stairs and into the living room where Cameron was. “They totally started macking on one another while I was in there. It was disgusting.”

Cameron laughed and pulled me down next to him. He resituated himself so he was lying down on his back across my lap, with his head resting on the arm of the couch.

I smiled at him, patting his chest, “Don’t get too comfortable.”

He stretched out a little, closing his green eyes. A small sigh escaped his red lips as his hand reached up to grab mine off of his chest; he pressed his lips softly against my fingertips, “Too late.”

I laughed lightly, shaking my head at him.

His eyes remained closed as he asked a question, “So, she’s really orange?”

I nodded my head, then realized he couldn’t see me, “Yeah, orange like an Oompa Loompa. Aren’t you glad I didn’t get a spray tan?”

He opened his eyes and his green orbs locked with mine, he gave a shrug, “Well, you’re beautiful enough as you are, so you don’t even need a spray tan.” I bit my lip and looked down, avoiding his gaze, “But if you did get one,” he continued, “and you turned out orange, you’d still be the most beautiful girl ever.”

After all this time Cameron could still make me turn red. Isn’t this what every girl wanted, a guy that would treat her perfectly? One that would open doors, call her beautiful every day. A guy that would take her out on dates and pay for the meal, or movie, and call her every night before she went to bed. I had all of that. But I was throwing it all away for a guy that did none of that. Was I crazy? I probably was.

The feeling of his calloused fingertips sliding across my hand brought me out of my thoughts. I looked at him, forcing a smile on my face as I met his gaze.

“What are you thinking about?”

I shook my head, “Nothing…I just…I forgot…I really have to go. Um, can you…I just…you’re on top of me.”

Cameron furrowed his eyebrows and stood up, holding out a hand to help me up. I ignored his hand and ran up the stairs towards Caroline’s room.

“Scar?” Cameron called out from behind me; I heard his footsteps following me.

I ignored him and opened Caroline’s door, “I, I really have to go, um, just call me if you need something I guess.” I didn’t wait for Carline or Zach to say anything. I quickly shut the door and ran back down the stairs where Cameron was standing, blocking my way to the door.

“Charlotte, what’s going on?”

“Nothing, I just, I have to go, I forgot I have a…a family dinner tonight. I’m going to be late.” I grabbed his face in my hands and gave him a quick peck on the lips, “I’ll talk to you later, okay?”

I slid around him and grabbed my keys off of the small table by the door before slipping on my shoes and throwing the door open, stepping out into the early evening air. My feet hit the pavement and I pulled the door shut behind me. My mind was racing with events of what happened over the summer up till now as I ran to my car, unlocking it and getting into the driver side. I took a deep breath and started the car, feeling relief wash over me as I drove away from Cameron.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit:
Take My Hand by The Cab

So I saw & met The Cab and The Summer Set and He is We and Days Difference and Paradise Fears last Friday…AND GODSEY WAS THERE AND JUST LAKJSFEIO!!! You can read about it here.

I believe in you, I believe in me, and I believe that we are not meaningless.

No one will Skype with me so I am going to go play sims all night yup.

Oh...I cut 7 inches off my hair. yeah.