Status: El Fin.

Temporary Bliss

Hit me with your best shot.

“I‘m bored, can you come over.” She whined.

“Isn‘t Zach there?”

“Yes, but he‘s watching Gilligan‘s Island and I ha-”

“Don‘t even say it Caroline,” I heard Zach cut her off.

“I hate that show.” she finished. Saying it loud, making sure Zach heard her.

I heard ruffling and Caroline instructing Zach to not do something while laughing. Then she started screaming and laughing harder, begging Zach to stop. “Scarlet! I have to go, Zach is attacking me. Please come over?” she begged then the phone disconnected.

I smiled, laughing a little as I walked back into the living room. “Caroline wants me to go over to Zach‘s, she‘s bored and he‘s making her watch Gilligan‘s Island.”

Cameron shut the TV off and stood up “Alright, let‘s go.” he smiled, lacing his fingers with mine. We decided to walk, knowing it would take longer which meant more alone time for us.

We knocked on the door then walked in, separating our hands; we wanted to keep it between us for a little while.

“Hey.” Zach greeted, from his spot on the couch in their living room.

I smiled and pranced over to them, sitting down on the couch next to Caroline, Cameron sat down on the other couch next to Zach.

For the next three hours Zach and Cameron played Call of Duty while Caroline and I talked--about everything other than Cameron and me. I notice Cameron kept sneaking glances at me, and whenever I caught his eye we exchanged a small smile.

“So what did you and Cameron do at your house?” Caroline asked, picking at her nail polish.

“Nothing really, we were both soaked so I lent him John‘s clothes, which reminds me-” I turned to Cameron, “Your clothes are still at my house!”

“I‘ll get them later, we‘ll work something out.” he winked. Oh goodness.

I somehow stopped myself from blushing and turned back to Caroline, “Anyway, we just sat and watched a movie. "How was Gilligan‘s Island?” I snickered.

“Scarlet, don‘t let her brainwash you into hating that show!” Zach raised his voice, taking his eyes off of the game for a few seconds.

“Don‘t even get me started on it.” Caroline mumbled, running her fingers through her hair.

“Would you guys shut that game off so we can do something?” I complained, I was afraid I might slip up and tell Caroline about Cameron and me.

“We could play badminton.” Zach suggested.

Both Cameron and I rolled our eyes, “Fine whatever.” Cameron mumbled, standing up.

We went into Zach’s garage and grabbed four rackets and a few extra birdies. Why the hell are they called that anyway?

Zach and Caroline were on a team, which left Cameron and I.

“Ready Quiseng?” I asked as I stood a few feet away from him on our side of the court.

“Hell yeah!”

“You guys are going down.” Caroline yelled.

“Game on.” Zach added in before serving the ball across the net.

Cameron wasn’t as bad as he implied, and I had improved since PE class first semester of sophomore year; I guess that paid off.

Cameron and I were losing, not by much though; only three points. It wasn’t a very serious game either, so there was lots of laughing, and goofing off. Cameron and I decided we were going to try and win, just to rub it in their faces.

I swung; ready to score a point when my racket came in contact with the birdie…and Cameron’s face.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Title Credit
Hit Me With Your Best Shot by Pat Benatar.

I feel like I owe you all a quick update because you’ve been awesome at commenting. So I guess this is a reader appreciation update! You’re all seriously the best, and your comments always mean the world to me and make me smile. I don’t think people/readers realize how much comments mean to the writer until the reader becomes a writer and receives comments/feedback of their own.

Also, does anyone remember my very first fan fiction, Here with You? I was thinking about rewriting it and posting it again since a lot of you probably haven’t read it since it’s not up anymore. So let me know your thoughts on that!

p.s I made a Spotify playlist of songs I have to replay, because listening to them once isn't enough…if you’re curious. Just click HERE! You should all make one too so I can find new music, deal?

So, thank you, thank you, thank you, to those who comment, and to those silent readers (who shouldn’t be silent, just say hi! or I like this, or this sucks ass.)
adubprincess15
oXmyworldXo
xJonasAdubAmaze
adubfan14
nessiii23
lena298
Addicted2Adub
marylove2013
xxErika411xx
SammyNicoleAlly
slasherlover95
ayeitsaleciaa
Anushka
musiclover14
Mistyd


Your much appreciated comments can be made HERE!