Status: On Going

Undying Love: Year One

Through the Barrier

The Overton’s had just reached the place between platform’s 9 and 10 at King’s Cross Station. Traci looked around shyly for her platform number, which was platform 9 ¾, she did not see it though. All there was there was platform 9 and then platform 10 nothing in between. “Where is the platform?” Traci asked her parents. As a response they both looked at her and sneered in disgust, her parents hated when Traci asked stupid questions, Or at least what they thought were stupid questions, which in fact was just about every question she asked them. “Though the barrier, of course.” Her father whispered sternly to her as he pointed at the wall between the two platforms.
Traci glanced at the wall to where her father was pointing; it just looked like a regular old wall to her. It looked like just a solid wall and nothing more. How exactly where they supposed to get through it. Cyrus took a very long and deep sigh as if the look on his daughter’s face pained him greatly. How was he cursed with such a dim witted child he wondered to himself while he massaged his temple on his fore head that was being to throb with a mixture of annoyance and stress that his child was causing him. Nothing but a pain he added to his thought as he dropped his hand to his side. Mrs. Overton herself was thinking the exact same thing as her husband.
You see, Mr. and Mrs. Overton never intended on having a child and when they found out that they were going to have one, they were actually semi-happy about it. However, they were hoping for a nice strong son to carry out their family legacy. When Traci came and turned out to be a little beautiful girl they were what you say disgusted with her. For the first year of her life Kobus, their house elf took care of the child and her parents would not even pick her up. They did not lull her to sleep with soft lullabies, and they would not even glance up from the morning breakfast at the table when she awoke with cries. Kobus did all of it. Traci had never knew this about her past and that was the way her parents intended to keep it, because one day they would need her and she would do what they wanted her to, just to prove herself to her parents, just as she did everything else in her, life to bring pride to her parents.
Sighing heavily again Cyrus turned to Traci and said “Just walk straight at the wall, at a bit of a run, between platforms 9 and 10.” Traci looked at her father as if he went insane and she shuddered “J-Just run at the w-wall! B-but what if I c-crash into it?” Her face had drained of most of its color as she said this and thinking of how much pain that would cause and the embarrassment that she would have as the Muggle’s around the platform would stare and laugh at her. Charissa looked at her daughter as if she were stupid and she spat at her “You won’t crash into it. Now go! We are going to be late the we have to be in the Ministry in 15 minutes time and we don’t want to be late.” She then crossed her arms and tapped her foot in a rapid rhythm as to show her daughter how impatient she was getting.
Traci gulped down her fear and looked form her angry mother to the brick wall between the platforms. And then without wasting one more second she took off towards the brick way running and closing her eyes as she waited for an impact with the wall but she did no such thing instead she just kept running. She had gone right through the wall and when she had opened her eyes and stopped running she saw that she was standing on platform 9 ¾, she could tell because she saw the gold writing on a sign that said so. “I did it!” Traci thought to herself as she stood there gleaming at the Hogwarts express.
Cyrus and Charissa Overton followed their daughter through the barrier on to the platform, Cyrus was still pushing Traci’s trunk on the cart. When they got through the barrier they saw Traci, she was standing in the middle of the walk way like an idiot staring at the train and smiling. It was a horrid sight for them to see, and they quickly rushed over to her to snap her out of her daydream. “Traci!” said her father in a harsh tone. Quickly Traci snapped her head in the direction of her parents. Although her attention was not them but the sight behind them, as people started gathering and loading on the train. The sight seemed to amaze Traci and keep her in a sort of trace that she could not her eyes away from.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it. And sorry its going so slow, but I like a lot of detail and I am trying to get up chapters fast. So hang in there and there might be a little Draco in the next Chapter! R&R and comment please!!!