Status: On Going

Undying Love: Year One

Taking Off

Traci took the time before the train got going to look around the compartment she was in. It was quite large and could hold around four people comfortably. She saw a large metal rack above the seats to store luggage, which was where her trunk was strapped down at. Her owl, Willow was in her cage on the floor with her head tucked in her wings sleeping. Glancing out the window she saw that the number of people that where on the platform had gone down since she had got on the train. It was mostly parents, with a few students running to catch the train. So Traci figured that it was almost time for them to head off. Sighing heavily Traci wished that someone would come in and sit in this compartment with her. She was getting very lonely sitting here all by herself. Just as that thought left her head a girl with frizzy brown hair popped her head into Traci’s compartment, but Traci did not notice her right away because she was busy staring mindlessly out the window.
The brown haired girl must have noticed that Traci did not see her because after about a minute of standing there she cleared her throat and said politely “Excuse me?” Upon hearing the brown haired girl Traci immediately snapped her head towards the door of the compartment where the other girl was standing. Traci secretly hoped the girl would want to sit with Traci, but she kept a cool appearance and replied to the girl “Yes? Can I help you?” Then the girl straightened up and walked about a foot into the compartment and then she asked Traci “Yes, have you seen a toad around? A boy a couple of carts up has lost one.” Traci laughed on the inside and thought to herself “What kind of idiot looses their pet before the train even leaves?” Traci shook her head at the girl who was waiting for an answer and she said “No, I have not.” Then the girl turned and mumbled an “Okay, thanks.” Then left the compartment just as fast as she had come, leaving Traci alone again.
Glancing back at the platform it was hard to see, but Traci thought that it was just parents left on it meaning that the kids where all on the train. “Hopefully we will be getting off soon.” Traci thought again. And then as if on cue the train jerked a little and blew its whistle and then it was off and starting to gather speed to get out of the station. Traci now had given up the hope that anyone would come and sit in the compartment with her and decided that she would not let it bother her. She glanced back out the compartment this time the opposite way of the window into the hall and saw as two boys passed. They had red hair and freckles and they looked identical. “Twins.” Traci instantly thought. They were chatting excitedly and she her one say “Yeah, I know. I can’t believe that we just meet Harry Potter!” Then they continued walking. Traci was shocked. “Thee Harry Potter was on the Train! He must be a first year as well! That’s amazing!”
Harry Potter was the only thing that her parents had really taught her about. They had told her all about how he had beaten the Dark Lord and how one day he would have to pay. Being Death Eaters Cyrus and Charissa Overton had made sure to push that one belief onto her daughter. Traci for the most part believed them just based upon the fact that it was her parents telling her this and for no other reason. However, Traci still could not fully comprehend why her parents hated him so much.
As the train ride drew on an old lady came around pushing a cart of sweets and she popped her head into Traci’s compartment and asked her “Anything off the trolley for you dear?” Traci for the reason of having no money politely declined saying that she wasn’t hungry. Even though she was starving breakfast at her mansion seemed like it was ages ago. So the old lady smiled and nodded and continued on her path. Traci parents had not given her any spending money, although they easily could have. Seeing as how her family had tons of money and jewels at their house and that’s was nothing compared to what was in their vault at Gringotts. But they had told Traci that she didn’t need any spend money because she was going to school and not on vacation.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to upadate I have been really busy. But I'll try to stay on top of it for you guys. R&R and comment please!!