Status: It is technically finished, but I might add an epilogue later on.

When the Day Met the Night

Sorry, You're No Jack

There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist. ~Mark Twain

I woke up around 10 and decided that since Alex didn’t seem to be up yet, I would just catch up on the glee project.

Suddenly my front door shut and in came Brendon yelling, “Honey, I’m home!” Spencer chuckled and plopped down on the couch to hug me.

“Well don’t you two look radiant? Paris did you good.” Brendon hugged me, I was so happy to have them back.

Alex decided at that moment to come out of his room, only in boxers with his hair disheveled, and calling out my name.

“Apparently L.A. has been good for you.” Spencer whispered in my ear.

I rolled my eyes, “Not what you think. He and Lisa broke up.”

Spencer smirked at me. I rolled my eyes again, right before Alex crashed down on the three of us.

“Dickwad.” I poked Alex in the stomach.

“Morning to you too sunshine. Now what was with all the eye rolling? Is it because Spence and Bren are back?” Alex poked Spencer in the face.

“It’s nothing. So how about we do something today, the four of us?”

“Bumper karts?” Brendon suggested. I actually found it quite strange that he was being so quiet.

“YESH!” I yelled out. I high fived Brendon and pushed Alex onto the floor.” I’m gonna go take a shower.”

“Can I join?” Alex asked with a smirk.

“Sorry, you’re no Jack.” I smiled and continued on to the bathroom.

___________________________

“I totally won!” Alex boasted.

“Nope! I cornered you with the help of my trusty sidekicks.” Brendon, Spencer, and I did the ‘superhero’ pose.

“That doesn’t count!” Alex pouted like a 4 year old who wasn’t handed candy.

“Oh yes it does sweet cheeks.” Brendon said and messed up Alex’s hair.

“How does anyone even win at bumper karts anyway?” Spencer asked. In unison, Brendon, Alex, and I shrugged.

_________________________________

Alex was in the guest room while I made some dinner for us. I put the lasagna in the oven and set the timer and decided to go check up on Alex.

“Ello govna!” I sat down next to him on the bed and then realized how sad he looked. I lifted his head up to look at me. “You okay?”

Alex sighed and moved my hand away. “I’m fine.” Alex made a silly face, which I’ll admit, made me laugh.

I decided to get serious though. No friend of mine was going to be depressed, especially not because of some girl. “Alex, you know what I think about lying. So please, just talk, I won’t say a thing until the end; pinky promise.” We crossed our pinkies and I listened intently.

“E, I really do…did, love her. We’ve been together for what seemed so long, I started thinking maybe she could be the one; all of a sudden though she started to spend less and less time with me, more time in random places. I really didn’t want to believe it. I still don’t. I want to remember her as my little angel who loves me and has been with me through thick and thin. Everything right now seems so surreal; knowing that she’s not by my side. I half expect to go home and her be waiting there to give me a kiss and we could pretend it never happened. Even though I know I shouldn’t, I still want her.” Alex looked so sad it made me feel like shit that I could do nothing about his unhappiness.

“Alex. I’m so sorry. I honestly wish I could give you some wise insight on this, but I really can’t, and I’m not going to fake that. All I can say is that you should try your best to stay away from Lisa; the longer you stay with her, the more you hurt yourself, and I just can’t stand you being so sad.” I wiped a few stray tears from his cheeks. I did the one thing I could think of doing at the time, I hugged him until he was worn out from crying.

Alex fell asleep in his bed before the lasagna finished so I just put a blanket over him, turned off the light, and ate by myself that night.

_______________________________________

“E, I’m really sorry about moping around your house.” Alex said as he walked into my room. I looked up from my laptop and hugged him.

“Alex, you can mope here as long as you like. I would never kick you out or anything, you’re one of my best friends, meaning I love you, and you’re welcome to stay here whenever. Kind of why I gave you a key.”

Alex nodded and hugged me tightly again. It had been about a week since the break-up and he was still taking it pretty hard. “Thank you so much E; but I think it’s time for me to go home.” Alex said somberly.

“Do you want me to go with you?” I asked.

“You probably think I’m being a baby, but yes, I’m kind of afraid of what state I’ll find the house in.”

“You are not a baby. Break-ups seem to be really tough. Especially considering how much Lisa betrayed you. So it’s completely viable that you don’t want to face it alone. When do you want to go? I can just slip on some shoes and we can drive over.”

Alex nodded and got a shirt on.

________________________________

I walked into the house first and grimaced. It looked so empty. Pictures had been torn down from the walls. A lot of furniture had been taken out, including the T.V. and the couch. A couple of his guitars were also missing, along with anything that belonged to Lisa. Alex sucked in a breath of air in shock when he saw the house. It was like Lisa had never been there.

“Alex, I know I’m being repetitive, but are you okay?”

“No. I miss her. I don’t know why I miss her, but goddamn it, I do.” Alex rested his head on my shoulder, and I could feel my shirt getting wet. I patted his back and felt so bad. I just couldn’t relate to him at all. I was never one to be emotional either, so crying felt so alien to me. The few times I’ve ever cried for real was when my grandma died, and when I moved to L.A. I had never really experienced ‘heartbreak’. Something which makes me feel like such a freak.

_______________________________________

For the next week, whenever I wasn’t recording, I was helping Alex get his life back on track without Lisa. First up was to buy some furniture, which was actually beneficial because he got a nicer modern couch, instead of an old and sort of smelly couch from back home. He got a nicer T.V., and the HD helped smooth away some of the heartbreak. The rest of All Time Low, and Panic! helped in cheering up Alex. We had frequent hanging out and video game parties. Soon enough I became an expert at guitar hero and beat out all the guys. I think it was nice that for that little bit of time, Alex seemed to truly enjoy himself; and yet he seemed distant at times, like something was conquering his mind, most probably it was thoughts of Lisa.

_______________________________________

“Hey what’s up Spence?” Spencer had come over a little earlier with Haley, who was currently in the bathroom.

“I’ll be blunt. I think you like Alex.”

“The fuck?” I shook my head. “Goddamn it! The second I talk to a guy, people automatically think I like them.”

“You didn’t answer the question.” Spencer looked at me sternly and I felt kind of nervous.

“I don’t want to get involved with anyone. I see what it does to people, and I think I’m lucky to never have had to deal with any of it.”

“That just answered me. Thank you.” Spencer smiled a creepyish smile and welcomed Haley back.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry I haven't been updating all too recently! I have 3 AP classes to keep up with. I tried my best to finish this chapter quickly, and hopefully I can edit it tomorrow. I've just been really swamped with work this week, but hopefully I'll make a schedule which will allot time for writing. Honestly, as far as this story goes, I know little more of what happens next as you do. I'm kind of going with the flow, so I only have certain things I want to fit in by certain chapters, but I have no idea what may happen in this story. Like I've said in the comments, All Time Low wasn't originally in this, but now they are, and I think it's a nice addition. So I hope you enjoy the story, and that you don't hate me for uploading infrequently. Which I can't upload this weekend because I'm taking care of my friend's brother with her over the weekend. So now to see if I can hopefully sleep even if I live near the turnpike and there is the annoying beeping of a truck, my mind literally just turned into mush. Wow this is a long A/N. Sorry about that, but I didn't twist your arm to make you read it, only your leg. =]