Status: It is technically finished, but I might add an epilogue later on.

When the Day Met the Night

With a Honey in the Middle There's a Leeway

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. ~Mark Twain

-Brendon’s POV-

I really wish I could remember what I said.

Ever since Halloween, I keep having this nagging feeling like something I said to Elizabeth, wasn’t the best thing to say, although I can’t tell whether or not it’s good that she can’t remember either. I’ve been trying to forget about it for the past few weeks, but it always seems to find its way back into my mind. I looked around the bus and noticed E’s absence.

Probably making out with Alex on their bus.

I thought. I replayed my thought and what I found was astonishing.

I am NOT jealous of him!

I was freaking out hardcore.

I love Sarah. She is my life and I absolutely adore her. I will marry her. I’m only jealous that they get to spend time together. Yea! That’s it! I’m jealous of their time! Not of Alex for having Elizabeth. Nope…

I decided to take a look at the calendar to see where we could possibly be. “Spencer, we’re already in Wellington?” I asked him as I stared at the calendar in disbelief. After the southeast, it was the northeast and then a break. After that it was off to Europe, and some parts of South America.

“I don’t know, check the calendar.” Spencer mumbled from his bunk.

“Well shit, I can surprise Sarah! This is fucking amazing!”

“Quiet the fuck down Bren. You always surprise Sarah.” Spencer had gotten out of his bunk and had joined the living, well sort of… Currently the look on his face didn’t look all that alive.

I went to my bunk and returned with a small box. “Yes, but this time, it is going to be incredibly special.” That woke him up.

“Holy shot dude, you’ve finally grown the balls to propose‽*” Spencer’s eyes were wide, he had already proposed to Hayley a while ago, in fact their wedding was hopefully going to be during the break, then she will join us for Europe as part of their honeymoon.

“Yea, I want to so bad.”

Meh…

My mind argued.

Shut the fuck up I love her! Oh god I’m arguing with myself, I’m insane!

I made sure to keep on a smile as I went back to my bunk to get dressed.

You’ve been lying to yourself this entire time, just face it. It might hurt less if it is out in the open sooner than later.

I stared at myself in the mirror and tried to set me straight. “I love Sarah, I am going to propose to her, we will get married, and I will be happy.”

I ignored what my gut was telling me and decided I needed some fresh air, which of course would lead me to the great outdoors of subugatory. Of course I would run into the two people I really did not want to see.

“Hey Brennybear, wassup?” Elizabeth asked. She had her hair, which had grown longer and was closer to her waist, in long braids. She was wearing a neon green tank and some short jean shorts. I couldn’t help but laugh, considering she avoided clothing like that, like the plague.

“Shut the fuck up. The guys wouldn’t lend me any clothes, and the bus was locked, I had to borrow some of Hayley’s clothes and this is what she handed me.” She was angry, but you could tell not too angry.

“Since we don’t have a concert today, wanna throw an improv one in the mall?” I asked, it was the town E was raised in.

“Exactly what I was thinking! Lemme get my guitar, and change, I’ll be right out.” Elizabeth raced into the bud and left me outside with Alex.

“Lucky man, she’s an amazing person.” I said, trying to act nonchalant about it after it had slipped out.

Alex slipped me a strange look but then shook it off. “She’s amazing in every single way.” Alex looked sadly sad at that, I almost asked but E came out of the bus with Spencer in tow.

“Who else is coming, let’s get this show on the road!”

Jack popped out from behind the All Time Low bus and clasped hands with Alex and E. “ It's not gay when it's in a three-way, with a honey in the middle there's some leeway!” Jack sang loudly, causing heads to turn. Of course, our small group was laughing like maniacs.

Apparently Rian and Zack were being losers and decided to stay at the venue.

_________________________________

I tweeted that we were going to be at the wellington mall, about 2 minutes before we reached the mall, and I was quite surprised by the turnout. Once we got to the fountain in the middle and began to set up, already there was a crowd looking at us, some with excitement, some just curious passerbys. “HELLO WELLINGTON!” Alex and I yelled to the crowd in unison. I saw a rush of people come in from the doors and join the crowd. They kept a respective bubble around us, but it was getting smaller.

“Who wants to hear Panic! first?” I asked the crowd, and then Alex asked if they wanted to hear All Time Low. We agreed that Panic! was the loudest vote. Thankfully our manager called ahead and warned the mall, so at least they wouldn’t kick us out.

We did a little mini-concert of songs and bid people farewell. A few people came up to me that were a couple of years younger than me when I was in school, but there were a few people who I had actually known back in high school.

-Elizabeth's POV-

“Guess you got out of this town like you said.” Spoke a familiar voice.

“Huh?” I turned around to be faced with the tall, dark, and handsome person. “Holy shit, it is not!” I hugged the boy… well man now. “Christian I haven’t seen you since senior year!”

“I know, you left and never looked back.” Christian smiled with a slight hint of sadness.

“I’m sorry, it’s just after what happened with prom, and Julie, I didn’t exactly think I would have anyone to look back for.” After all those years I had thought that Christian couldn’t care less about me.

“About that, I’m still really sorry, she wasn’t even my girlfriend and she had no right. Really I would’ve-” Christian looked at me with pleading eyes as I cut him off.

“It’s all in the past, I’m not angry.” Suddenly hands wrapped around my waist and I felt lips on my cheek. “Hey honey. Oh Alex, this is Christian, we used to go to high school together.”

Christian seemed like he was in shock for a bit but quickly shook out of it. “Yea, um high school. Are you guys dating?”

“Yea, since October 14th.” Alex responded, with a bit of resentment in his voice. I stared at him questioningly, but the second I saw his face I knew exactly what was happening.

“Alex, follow me for a sec?” Alex nodded and shot Christian a look. “Be right back Chris.”

“What’s up?”

“Don’t worry, he’s not going to whisk me off my feet.” I pecked Alex on the lips.

“But he’s giving you the puppy dog eyes, obviously he wants you.” Alex looked concerned and I tried to clarify everything to him.

“I stopped liking him a LONG time ago after his date slapped me and he did nothing about it.”

There will only ever be one other person, one that I’ll never have because I’m sure he loves his girlfriend. Why can’t I just love Alex? Only Alex?

“Well now I’m going to slap him!” Alex looked only slightly mad, but reassured. It made me feel so guilty.
We walked back hand in hand.

“Well it was nice seeing you again Liz, and nice to meet you Alex.” Christian hugged me and left.

“ALEX!” fan girls stormed Alex and I felt my hand get disconnected from his. He looked at me apologetically and I just nodded while I walked away.

“Elizabeth?” Another person asked me.

“Luke right?” I asked as I studied his face, he had definitely grown.

“Yea, that’s cool that you remember, I just wanted to say that I’m a big fan of Panic!, and I’m really sorry about high school.”

“And middle school, torment through 7 years.” I nodded solemnly. He made my life hell whenever I did see him, and I’m not exactly sure that power had worn off in the years.

“Oh yea, Mr. Lamboy’s class. Do you still have the scar?” He scratched his blonde hair.

“Yea, it’s a bit smaller, but still there.” I nodded awkwardly.

“Oh damn, I’m sorry, I was a stupid kid.” Luke stared down at his shoes before gaining the courage to tell me something. “I just wanted to know who you’re with in Panic!”

“Um no one.” I answered back shocked.

“Well you have to be with one of them, or at least banging one of them, you guys are stuck on a bus all day. You’re probably banging both, what a slut.” Luke laughed.

“People never change do they? And if I recall, you were the man whore. I am not a slut, still a virgin.”

Luke leaned in and whispered in my ear. “You probably rape all of them, because who would want you?”

I slapped him sharply across the face as stinging tears escaped my eyes. “You do not get to use that word!” I ran away with my hands covering my face. I couldn’t tell who it was that followed me, but I heard someone’s footsteps.

I went into a maintenance hallway and slid down to the floor while trying to stifle the sobs.

“Elizabeth you okay‽” I would recognize that voice even if I were deaf.

“Bren, go back to the fans, I’m fine.” I didn’t even dare look at him. I felt him sit next to me and I slid away.

“Elizabeth what did he say to you?” I finally took the risk of looking at him and the first thing I noticed was his big concerned eyes.

“It’s nothing. Honestly, I can handle it.” Felling him sit closer, I didn’t try to move.

Brendon hugged me and said nothing for 5 minutes while I calmed myself.

“Thank you.” I whispered. Suddenly a herd of band boys ran into the hallway.

“Elizabeth! You okay?” Alex crashed down on the floor next to me and hugged me. “Oh god what happened? Why are you hiding in here?”

“Some douche said something to her but she won’t say anything.” Brendon explained.

“Elizabeth, who was it?” Jack asked. It was probably the first time I ever saw him with a serious look.

I shook my head. If I told them what he said, it would lead to even more questions I really didn’t want to answer.

Suddenly I felt my butt being lifted from the ground. Brendon was carrying me bridal style.

“Let’s get you back to the bus.” Brendon said as he walked out of the mall while people stared.

_____________________________________________________

“What did we miss?” Rian asked as we walked up to the buses.

Brendon shook his head as I walked away to find a private area, or at least the most private area available.

“Hey Solara.”

“What’s wrong?” I could feel her frown.

“Luke.”

“That jerk from back home?”

“Yea. We did a small show at the mall and he saw me, I had already braced myself for his attitude, but this time he crossed a line. I slapped him and ran out.”

“God what a douche. I can’t wait till you come over here. But question, what did he say?”

“Solara, when does it get out?” I said it with such disgust and repulsion.

“2 more years.” I felt bad talking about, but it was need to know information.

“Solara. By then, please just move. Promise me you’ll move.” I begged her.

“I will I promise, but for now I have to graduate, maybe I’ll look for a job in L.A. in a year?”

“Yes, graduate then move here, it will be so amazing to have another girl around. Sometimes just having guys around can get a bit frustrating.”

“Absolutely. I’ll see you in two days.” We hung up and I began to walk back to civilization.

“Hey guys.” I said awkwardly as I clasped my hand with Alex’s.

“Anyone wanna play monopoly?” Jack suggested. I was grateful for the distraction and change of topic.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just realized how much i hated last chapter! I'm so sorry about how badly that one came out! Hopefully this one will be better even if it is kind of serious. So hopefully I can update sooner than I did this time. Well I hope you liked it!